Community
Wiki Posts
Search

SMC 5700mAh 25C Single Cell Lipo

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2008, 07:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I want it NOW ... no , i wanted it 2 months ago... i ordered 2!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Who will carry the battery and where can I order one?
Old 11-13-2008, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Manufacturers Please Consider.

I had a chance to look at the 1c pack this past weekend and it looks great, but please consider a design change if possible.

Could you designed the underside of the battery pack with channels to allow speedo motor wires to run under the battery pack.

This would make for a cleaner looking chassis and for those of us who already run wires under our 4-cell NiMh packs an easy change.
Old 11-13-2008, 10:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by sportpak
Who will carry the battery and where can I order one?
Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Manufacturers Please Consider.

I had a chance to look at the 1c pack this past weekend and it looks great, but please consider a design change if possible.

Could you designed the underside of the battery pack with channels to allow speedo motor wires to run under the battery pack.

This would make for a cleaner looking chassis and for those of us who already run wires under our 4-cell NiMh packs an easy change.
360 RC Speedway will be getting the first order in very shortly. You can call us at 631 920 6244, I will post when they come in. Also look for our new E-Store coming soon at 360rcspeedway.com

Carl I don't think you will see a change like that, atleast not in the first batch. Problem is that thing is filled, and I mean filled with battery, so the overall height would have to go up.

Also, another interesting note. I have been testing a device for novak, a voltage booster of some sort. It plugs into the battery port of your reciever and has leads that hook to your battery. It also has a switch for on/off. You basically use it like a receiver pack. It outputs roughly 5.5v for the receiver/servo.

I am happy to say it works great, no reciever pack needed. Wierd thing is my runtime increased with this thing. Ran it yesterday with 1c lipo/17.5 motor and was only .3 per lap off of 4 cell/nimh and it ran for 13 minutes only falling off .5 from beginning to very end! Unreal! Yes it was a lil slower but not much, reminded me of what stock speeds used to be roughly 5-6 years ago. Still yet to try the novak device with a 13.5 but once I do i will post results.

-Donny
Old 11-13-2008, 11:04 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 360rcspeedway
360 RC Speedway will be getting the first order in very shortly. You can call us at 631 920 6244, I will post when they come in. Also look for our new E-Store coming soon at 360rcspeedway.com

-Donny
Donny or Danny,

Do you know what the street price on these packs will be?

Brian
Old 11-13-2008, 11:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Donny,

Thanks for the feeback and I'm looking forward to converting over my 1/12th scale to a Lipo system. Quick question. Do you feel there is a need to replace the 1s Lipo pack after each heat during a club race? Not sure if there is enought time, 1-2 hours between rounds to re-peak a 1s lipo pack safely?

Do you believe its neccessary to have a few packs available to change between heats to avoid overheating / damaging a 1s race pack?

If so, that's fine, it just influences the wiring. Also, will the 1s have wires for a plug? versus a bullet connection? If yes, I'm assuming deans connectors? IMO: kind of cheezy for a 1/12th scale...

In any event...please let us know when their available for sale.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:40 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by brians11
Donny or Danny,

Do you know what the street price on these packs will be?

Brian
Prob right around $45 Brian
Old 11-13-2008, 11:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Carl Giordano
Donny,

Thanks for the feeback and I'm looking forward to converting over my 1/12th scale to a Lipo system. Quick question. Do you feel there is a need to replace the 1s Lipo pack after each heat during a club race? Not sure if there is enought time, 1-2 hours between rounds to re-peak a 1s lipo pack safely?

Do you believe its neccessary to have a few packs available to change between heats to avoid overheating / damaging a 1s race pack?

If so, that's fine, it just influences the wiring. Also, will the 1s have wires for a plug? versus a bullet connection? If yes, I'm assuming deans connectors? IMO: kind of cheezy for a 1/12th scale...

In any event...please let us know when their available for sale.
Carl,
Having a second pack wouldn't hurt but def. is not necessary. It takes me roughly 20 min. to charge mine back up after a run, it usually only takes 1500mah. Charging it at 7 amps it doesn't take that long at all.

The packs will come with wires out the front and a dean connector. The one I am testing I put battery bars on through the case, which is pretty neat, I'm just not sure it's going to be legal to do for major races according to Roar. I'll get some pics of it up here in a bit.

My first test pack I kept the wires and the deans plug. I shortened them up a bit and had the wires follow the front of the case, then glued the deans plug to the front of the case. It was actually really neat, but like you I am not a fan of plugs of any kind, especially on a 12th scale car. You can see pics of that in an earlier post I had in this thread.

I'll keep you posted on availability.
Old 11-13-2008, 12:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

How large is the doo-dad from Novak? I'd really hate to have to mount up a rats nest of wires and crap. Any idea how close they are to making it available?

keep us posted when they're launched.

If your only off .3 a lap with 17.5, your much closer then I thought this battery will be. How much time before we found a few of those .1s back? Awesome news!
Old 11-13-2008, 12:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Donny, thanks. Also, was your testing that you've been doing now with or without extra weight added to match up to current 1/12 weight requirements?
Old 11-13-2008, 12:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would hope once lipos are mainstream for 12th scale that the weight limit would be lowered. Less inertia means less broken parts.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default mainstream

Originally Posted by John St.Amant
I would hope once lipos are mainstream for 12th scale that the weight limit would be lowered. Less inertia means less broken parts.
You keep talking like that all the 4-cell 4-ever guys are gonna freak

Seriously, we just need to get 4 guys that agree to run together. Most places will let an experimental class run, if it doesn't tear up the track. This will allow testing in the real world. They can even be different configurations of 1p or 2p or 2s

please post responses in future of 1/12 to not hijack this thread too much.
Old 11-13-2008, 02:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Brian,
From what he posted a page or so back it sounds like Donny is running without the weight added back.
Old 11-23-2008, 12:27 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Now available at Nexux.

http://www.nexusracing.com/product_i...oducts_id=2395
Old 11-23-2008, 08:56 PM

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

what happened to the 5700 mAh?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.