Hot Bodies Cyclone

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hot Bodies Cyclone

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 08:20 PM
Tech Adept

Where is a good place to buy parts. My HobbyTown does not carry HB parts, and the website doesn't seem to offer them either. I want to sell my Losi Type-R and buy a Moore Speed Cyclone, but I want to research the parts first. I would like to have the car ready for the Roar carpet Nat's in March....
Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by B18C Turbo
i just dont like hwo unclear the insutrctions are during the layshaft assembly. I mean after your done building it you have gaps in between the pulley's and the spur gear on both pulley's. its like you need to align everything up, its wicked stupid, if you built any other TC you would see why.

Most newer TC's have pins and everything is pre-setup with tolerances already set. With the cyclone your basically setting the tolerance by pushing the pulley against the bearing into the bulkhead, you dont know if its binding or if its too loose.
If you have built any other TC, you should know if/when the the drive line is binding or not! Its is very simple to adjust the position of the pulleys. No need for pins that mushroom and get stuck in the shaft. No need for shimming washers, that will get lost.

Snowy.
Old 01-22-2008, 09:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 138 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
If you have built any other TC, you should know if/when the the drive line is binding or not! Its is very simple to adjust the position of the pulleys. No need for pins that mushroom and get stuck in the shaft. No need for shimming washers, that will get lost.

Snowy.
well with my xray car everything was set very well, it uses pins to set the pulley's and its impossible to mess up. I could see a nubcake racer screw this thing up with the unclear instructions and then there sno finished pictures of it, it easy to get the shaft to have play in it, but its also easy to tighten it up. I dunno I just think it could have been thought out a little better.

I mean why drill holes into the shaft if there not going to be used?

Also I am happy to see a stockfull of parts from stormerhobbies and towerhobbies, also eBay for the cyclone!
Old 01-22-2008, 09:50 PM
Tech Elite

my kit was missing 1 rebound foam for the shock. I decided to skip the foams in the rear shocks, what will this do?
Old 01-22-2008, 11:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifter73
Where is a good place to buy parts. My HobbyTown does not carry HB parts, and the website doesn't seem to offer them either. I want to sell my Losi Type-R and buy a Moore Speed Cyclone, but I want to research the parts first. I would like to have the car ready for the Roar carpet Nat's in March....
Your LHS has quite a bit of the parts but they are HPI... shocks, arms, c hubs, knuckles, diff screws, servo saver. They also have a top plate, shock end balls, blades, pivot balls, belts, FR pivot blocks, ver 2 bones, and I just bought a spool from them. TowerHobbies has a good selection of parts which means they can get them at HT. Just tell them what you want and they can get it. Otherwise if out of stock you can look at the HK shops, RC Champ, Speedtech, tower... they all have Cyclone parts.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

my kit was missing 1 rebound foam for the shock. I decided to skip the foams in the rear shocks, what will this do?
It should provide more rear grip... less rebound = more grip, less reactive.
Old 01-23-2008, 05:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by padailey
Your LHS has quite a bit of the parts but they are HPI... shocks, arms, c hubs, knuckles, diff screws, servo saver. They also have a top plate, shock end balls, blades, pivot balls, belts, FR pivot blocks, ver 2 bones, and I just bought a spool from them. TowerHobbies has a good selection of parts which means they can get them at HT. Just tell them what you want and they can get it. Otherwise if out of stock you can look at the HK shops, RC Champ, Speedtech, tower... they all have Cyclone parts.
Thanks Paul, so what I'm hearing is that a lot of the old HPI Pro-4 parts will work on the new Cyclones! Is this true?
Old 01-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Drifter73
Thanks Paul, so what I'm hearing is that a lot of the old HPI Pro-4 parts will work on the new Cyclones! Is this true?
Yes ... most of the suspension parts are the same as the Pro 4.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Tech Elite

looking for a good setup for a moore-speed using foams on carpet
Old 01-23-2008, 10:27 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

looking for a good setup for a moore-speed using foams on carpet
i have a great set up but it calls for the BMI chassis it may work with the regular chassis just dont know.
Old 01-23-2008, 10:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
i have a great set up but it calls for the BMI chassis it may work with the regular chassis just dont know.
hey Marco, i would really appreciate that setup, although I don't have the BMI chassis, im planning on picking up the HB 3.6mm chassis once $$ comes around. But that setup will really help.

Oh and I don't wanna rebuild my shocks again, i just did them last night with stock pistons and AE 50wt oil all around. Gold springs up front with silvers in the rear, no rebound foams in the rear.
Old 01-23-2008, 11:59 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Put some Rubbers on that Clone and Run it. Leave the foams at home.
Old 01-23-2008, 12:06 PM
Tech Elite

Here's the winning stock foam set-up from the Snowbirds last year. You have to take into account that the traction level at the Snowbirds is insane!

MarcosJ - You going to the Snowbirds this year?
Attached Thumbnails Hot Bodies Cyclone-foam-stock.jpg  
Old 01-23-2008, 12:34 PM
Tech Adept

what is the bennefit of useing aluminum c-hubs and othe componets?
Old 01-23-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Elite

hey man thanks for that setup sheet!

I plan on running 4 degrees castor for our low-medium grip carpet, did that setup sheet call for 6 degrees since it was high grip?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.