Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tamiya Ta06

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2014, 04:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Yep, the Sakura is similar in concept, but very different in execution.

On the battery, yes it will fit, but you might need to play around with the wire connections depending on how you have them now.

Assume it is this one?
http://www.hobbyking.com/mobile/view...dproduct=20585

I had a similar turnigy battery, and it fit with length to spare (I made a foam block for one end) but had to use vertical bullets.

The holes *just* lined up if you ran the battery as far back as possible. Would be better if you mounted it front forward (the car needs extra front weight, not rear!) but you would need to attack the chassis with a dremel for the battery to fit.

If you used a battery with hardwired, end exit wires this would work.

Such as.....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._TRA2843_.html
Old 08-15-2014, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Hi guys, I have a ta06 currently with the exotek chassis - I have a gearing problem. I'm trying to use 64p gearing and need advice on pinion/spur combination for running a sensoreless speed passion 3500kv motor - not quite sure what the turn equivalent of the motor is but seems to be 9.5-10.5t from what I've read. Thanks!
Old 08-20-2014, 10:40 AM
Tech Rookie

does ta05 front oneway fit ta06?
Old 08-20-2014, 10:55 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by addicted2blue
For those who are searching for more speed in their TA06 chassis, install the TRF418 suspension.
This will make the car faster then it already is.
So far no TA05 chassis has overtaken my TA06 pro chassis and i've been racing it for over 2 years now.
The car is very fast with the right setup.
I've been helping several TA06 car owners and they all improved their laptimes significantly.
It just depends on the right setup and perhaps on the driver too

addicted2blue,

What kind of surface are you racing on? Carpet/Asphalt? Long Track? Short?
Can you offer any other setup advice for outdoor asphalt aside from swapping to the TRF418 Suspension?

I built a TA06Pro upgrade kit with the spool and other hop ups. But it really doesn't feel that I've got the set up down.

Any advice would helpful! Thank you!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

An update... We just concluded the TCS nationals and I'm happy to report that I placed my TA06 in A-main. Video for the A1 is here (courtesy of Torg). It's the white car with black strip sitting in 9. I wish I could have done better but I have not been in a competition for about a year so nerves really kicked in throughout the day. But the TA06 can definitely be as good as any. We just need people not to give up on it and don't treat it like a TA05. Hopefully next TCS season, I can get better results with it.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by izzyracer
An update... We just concluded the TCS nationals and I'm happy to report that I placed my TA06 in A-main. Video for the A1 is here (courtesy of Torg). It's the white car with black strip sitting in 9. I wish I could have done better but I have not been in a competition for about a year so nerves really kicked in throughout the day. But the TA06 can definitely be as good as any. We just need people not to give up on it and don't treat it like a TA05. Hopefully next TCS season, I can get better results with it.
Glad that i could be helpfull with the setup.
What type of motor do you guys need to use in the GT2 series?
Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by markpoleon
addicted2blue,

What kind of surface are you racing on? Carpet/Asphalt? Long Track? Short?
Can you offer any other setup advice for outdoor asphalt aside from swapping to the TRF418 Suspension?

I built a TA06Pro upgrade kit with the spool and other hop ups. But it really doesn't feel that I've got the set up down.

Any advice would helpful! Thank you!
Hi there,

I didn't saw your post, it's better to send a private message. That way i will see it quicker
The surface i'm running on is asphalt and carpet, they are also short and long types of tracks.
I've tried one time to drive the TA06 with a spool but i didn't liked it, did not had enough steering and feeling in the car.
Meaning that i Always run the car with a gear diff at the front with 100K, in the rear for an outdoor track i used between 800, 1000, 1200 gear diff oil and for an indoor track 2000.
Shocks i'm Always running in front 450&3holes with a blue or white spring, depending on steering.
For the rear i also used to run 350&3holes with a red or yellow spring, depending on rear traction.
Droop for the front is Always between 5 or 5,5mm; the rear always between 4,5 or 5mm depending on track conditions.
Before i mounted the TRF418 suspension i never raised the suspension blocks.
Suspension blocks at the front were: FF 1D; FR 1C for the rear: RF split 1XA RR 1D.
Suspension spacers i'm Always running 3mm on the innerside of the suspension arm.

I never changed a lot about my setup when running on asphalt or carpet, just some minor changes and the car was Always very fast(est).

Hope this helps
Old 08-26-2014, 02:20 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Glad that i could be helpfull with the setup.
What type of motor do you guys need to use in the GT2 series?
Thanks, your input was helpful. We were running 17.5
Old 08-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Thank you so much!

Definitely worth a try!

Hi there,

I didn't saw your post, it's better to send a private message. That way i will see it quicker
The surface i'm running on is asphalt and carpet, they are also short and long types of tracks.
I've tried one time to drive the TA06 with a spool but i didn't liked it, did not had enough steering and feeling in the car.
Meaning that i Always run the car with a gear diff at the front with 100K, in the rear for an outdoor track i used between 800, 1000, 1200 gear diff oil and for an indoor track 2000.
Shocks i'm Always running in front 450&3holes with a blue or white spring, depending on steering.
For the rear i also used to run 350&3holes with a red or yellow spring, depending on rear traction.
Droop for the front is Always between 5 or 5,5mm; the rear always between 4,5 or 5mm depending on track conditions.
Before i mounted the TRF418 suspension i never raised the suspension blocks.
Suspension blocks at the front were: FF 1D; FR 1C for the rear: RF split 1XA RR 1D.
Suspension spacers i'm Always running 3mm on the innerside of the suspension arm.

I never changed a lot about my setup when running on asphalt or carpet, just some minor changes and the car was Always very fast(est).

Hope this helps
Old 09-02-2014, 12:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by izzyracer
I put my TA06 into the A-Main as well in GT3 (21.5T) Finished 9th in the end.

I did not have the speed (or experience) like the other drivers but had a lot of fun! I had a TB04 for comparison testing and it had more "umph" out of the corner but with limited running it was a bit more loose in the back. The TA06 is very nimble, I still really like it.

I didn't tinker with the car at all, setup unchanged throughout except for a slightly lighter battery on Sunday.

1454g weight
3.42 FDR
Killshot 21.5 motor high rpm @ 55 degree timing
LRP Flow ESC blinky
battery Thunderpower TP5300-2SPR65D (Saturday)
battery Thunderpower TP4300-2SPR65D (Sunday)
Futaba S9551 servo w/direct horn #42248 and mounted on the right
LaFerrari body #51544 (everyone thinks I'm crazy for running this)
Lightweight Carbon wing #53470
Adjustable wing stay #54510
2K gear diff rear
1M gear diff front
DCJ front
418 arms, uprights and stabilizers (front med, rear soft)
Tamiya B3 spec tire (that we all know and love )
Soft springs all around
Camber was at two all around I think?
Can't remember the ride height, ~5mm?

I get a lot of free setup help from the volunteer crew, I'm still learning.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:34 AM
Tech Regular

The right hand side (legal) steering conversion for my TA06 came up yesterday at the Tamiya track. Here are the details

Old 10-01-2014, 12:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default TA06 for world in Japan

TA06 has best lap time and easier to drive so far when Julian is practice in HDRC for last few weeks. We have tried almost full option TB03 and box stock TA06 pro.

The TA06 should be faster if we can get more steeling out it. It is kit setup with following changed:
1. 2.5m in front gear diff.
2. ball diff in rear.
3. 500 oil all around.
4. yellow spring in front and blue in back.
5. STD shock setup.

It is running Tamiya type C tire on low to mid traction carpet track.

Any recommendation?

Thanks in advance
Old 10-01-2014, 03:21 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TamiyaW1688
TA06 has best lap time and easier to drive so far when Julian is practice in HDRC for last few weeks. We have tried almost full option TB03 and box stock TA06 pro.

The TA06 should be faster if we can get more steeling out it. It is kit setup with following changed:
1. 2.5m in front gear diff.
2. ball diff in rear.
3. 500 oil all around.
4. yellow spring in front and blue in back.
5. STD shock setup.

It is running Tamiya type C tire on low to mid traction carpet track.

Any recommendation?

Thanks in advance
Wow, you are running blue on the rear? that's very interesting.
What body you are running? what bodies are allowed?
Old 10-01-2014, 04:47 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tobyzhang
Wow, you are running blue on the rear? that's very interesting.
What body you are running? what bodies are allowed?
Because the car is so heavy on back with NICD battery, 1520g.

We found the 599xx is better than R8 on track, so we may want to use LWT body. NSX is not allowed on 2014 Japan regional so we assumed it will apply to world too.
Old 10-01-2014, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by TamiyaW1688
Because the car is so heavy on back with NICD battery, 1520g.

We found the 599xx is better than R8 on track, so we may want to use LWT body. NSX is not allowed on 2014 Japan regional so we assumed it will apply to world too.
They haven't posted official rules anywhere yet?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.