Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snoopyrc
So you geared down for more off the line and balanced it with timing for top end. ???
Well. last season. we were spec @ a 5.2 and found a sweet spot in timing. its a risky setup tho. u have to me smooth or motor temps will go 200+ in 6min . i have throttle speed on my tx turned down to just a hair fastr than the car can excelerate. keeps me from building up access heat
Old 02-02-2011, 04:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

For the usvta nats - what needs to be brought, from a pit setup position? Like are chairs and tables needed or just extension cords??
Old 02-02-2011, 05:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
For the usvta nats - what needs to be brought, from a pit setup position? Like are chairs and tables needed or just extension cords??
The Track has pit benches with lights, power strips, and chairs. Your own power strip and pit light (if your eyes are bad like mine) is about all you really need.

Jimmy
Old 02-02-2011, 05:58 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

power strip maybe...thats about it...oh yeah smiles and a Coke...and if you are like me...bring your 1 year old so she can throw-up on your new t-shirt..lol
Old 02-02-2011, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
power strip maybe...thats about it...oh yeah smiles and a Coke...and if you are like me...bring your 1 year old so she can throw-up on your new t-shirt..lol
Thanks everyone - sadly, I don't have a 1 year old to puke on my clothes, I have a 4 year old that will quickly bore herself at the event, will that qualify??
Old 02-02-2011, 06:33 AM
Tech Champion

Thanks everyone - sadly, I don't have a 1 year old to puke on my clothes, I have a 4 year old that will quickly bore herself at the event, will that qualify??
well she is 3 now, Ive taking her the last two years...road trip and all...lol...its plenty to get into in the area for them.....they wasnt bored at the track...but they did take the credit card and leave for a spell or two....and the car seem more crowded on the trip home...lol..I wonder why..hummmm

but all jokes aside...if you bring her...its alot of sites and things to do while you get your race on....cya there

here is the link to some 09 pics..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/calinsi...7616494586304/

I also wrote a report on it..not sure where it is...

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 02-02-2011 at 06:49 AM.
Old 02-02-2011, 07:46 AM
Company Representative

Yesterday we added the GTB2 to both our Trade-In Program (for currently mfg items) and our Legacy Lifetime Program for (discontinued/obsolete electronics):

TeamNovak Trade-In Program

We will keep the original GTBs as a replacement option (cheaper) as long as we can continue to RMF them; when we can't, all orig GTBs will be considered obsolete, and upgrades will be handled through our Legacy program only
Old 02-03-2011, 07:51 AM
Tech Champion

thats great to hear...Novak just gets better and better...

also thanks again to Novak, Charlie and yourself for the sponsorship of the VTA Thunder 1000....ppl are real excited about it..thanks again
Old 02-03-2011, 11:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Hey guys, I have been getting ready for a VTA comeback—putting together a couple of cars for the Scale Nationals this spring, and I wound up with a few more parts than I had planned on. I have a spare Team Losi JRXS Type R that would be perfect for a VTA or RCGT class racer. Cheap, easy to set up and drive, and very well-balanced.

If you are looking for an inexpensive VTA roller, check out my JRXS-R in the Classifieds.

PM me directly if you are interested...

dc
Old 02-03-2011, 05:37 PM
Tech Champion

Default 2011 USVTA SCALE NATIONALS

what is the trophy looking like this year?....and is it 1st - 10th like last year?...or 1st - 5th like in 09?....will trophy be for all the mains?.....any new details?...any sponsors?...early sign up?...hotel sponsor?.....will it be on Liverc or ustream?.....

I know this is alot...but they keep asking....oh yeah what is the weather going to be like in April...

here are my Scale Nats trophies....are we doing these?...the other is the BTH 10 trophy...those are cool as well...

just asking cause Im hyped about going north again...and dont mind the 3rd place...it will be 1st this year...in both classes...j/k...Ill be happy with an "A" main finish....

any info I can pass along Sunday will be great...cya
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-trophy-sponsors-gifts-011.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-trophy-sponsors-gifts-023.jpg   U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-trophy-sponsors-gifts-016.jpg  

Last edited by DARKSIDE; 02-03-2011 at 05:48 PM.
Old 02-03-2011, 06:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DARKSIDE
what is the trophy looking like this year?....and is it 1st - 10th like last year?...or 1st - 5th like in 09?....will trophy be for all the mains?.....any new details?...any sponsors?...early sign up?...hotel sponsor?.....will it be on Liverc or ustream?.....

I know this is alot...but they keep asking....oh yeah what is the weather going to be like in April...

here are my Scale Nats trophies....are we doing these?...the other is the BTH 10 trophy...those are cool as well...

just asking cause Im hyped about going north again...and dont mind the 3rd place...it will be 1st this year...in both classes...j/k...Ill be happy with an "A" main finish....

any info I can pass along Sunday will be great...cya
Nats will be on Liverc

Hotel is once again the Gurnee Grand, make sure you mention Harbor Hobbies for the $55 room rate.

If everything comes together, you will not want to miss this one. Remember the "curbs of death"....................only better
Old 02-03-2011, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
If everything comes together, you will not want to miss this one. Remember the "curbs of death"....................only better
Uhhh, understatement of the year
Old 02-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 75 (100%+)
Thumbs up

I'm in!

On a completely different subject, I created a survey for VTA racers of all levels. One question for everyone—what is your preferred front axle setup on your race chassis? Spool, diff or one-way?

Please check in to THIS LINK to field your response. You don't have to log in or anything, just answer the question. I'll make the info public once I give it some time to collect... thanks!

dc
Old 02-03-2011, 09:45 PM
Tech Addict

One-ways are not allowed in this class.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 261 (100%+)

Au contraire, mon frere.

Unless there has been a recent change, one-ways are very definitely allowed under USVTA rules. Some TRACK rules (like the, apparently, perenial host of the USVTA Nats...go figure) ban them rather than discipline drivers who drive like morons and blame the one-way.

That said, even though I probably can get my ultimate fastest lap with a one-way I don't choose to race with them. My belief is that in the cut-and-thrust of racing the ability to dive up the inside of someone if they leave the door open, nail the brakes and turn in is a bigger advantage.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.