Search
Like Tree1Likes

U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2011, 03:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
hey rob - so, what's the date for the 2011 USVTA nationals??

need to see if its possible to make a road trip this year
Rob is at the Hurricane race.............looking at early april
Old 01-22-2011, 07:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

whats up eric!!??!!
i went to indy last weekend(the big rug)..i had TQ for the 1st & 2nd quailfier..we had 11 vta cars & i came in 2nd...i still got the same set up u gave me
Old 01-23-2011, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by starrx
whats up eric!!??!!
i went to indy last weekend(the big rug)..i had TQ for the 1st & 2nd quailfier..we had 11 vta cars & i came in 2nd...i still got the same set up u gave me
That's awesome Von , great job
Old 01-23-2011, 10:32 AM
Tech Adept

DARKSIDE, I will pm you my email now.
Old 01-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Wish I had video. We had some of the best VTA racing Friday night. There were 5-6 cars nose to tail for laps. At one point 3 cars wide through almost every section of the track. We really loved racing this class. It's plain awesome
Old 01-23-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default 69Camaro

I just got my 69 camaro and the frt. cut out for the tires isn't big enough for the tires to turn, it hits on top of the wheel well.I know your supposed to cut on the lines but it needs to be cut like the 68 body.
Old 01-23-2011, 06:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Thunder Jam in Nashville was big this year and 1st and second place was less than 2 seconds in the A main. I finished in second. My car was very good till about 2/3 and something in the left rear went soft and kept spinning me around in the sweeper. I tried to keep it together but got passed about 3 laps to go and just couldn't gather it back up.

1st car was running a GTB and Novak 21.5, my car was running a Tekin in blinky mode and 21.5 Novak, 3rd was using Havok and 25.5 which was a disadvantage for sure.

Good close racing all day.

Results
http://results.rc50.com/Thunder_RC_N...AM_A-Main.html
Old 01-23-2011, 06:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ercwhtsd
That's awesome Von , great job
THANKS!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 06:57 AM
Tech Elite

Default HPI 1966 Mustang GT body

I've been really wanting to do this body. I had a 1972 Mustang convertible once upon a time (that would be a cool body too HPI!) but I also have a soft spot for for the late 60's style.

I don't think this body will hold up as well as the HPI Camaro body for regular racing now that I've completed it. The lexan in the nose gets really thin in some spots due to all the detail they mold in. Even with Shoe Goo, I don't think it will last as long as the Camaro. So, this may just be a "show" body for at home. We'll see. Regardless, HPI does some killer stuff!

The paint color is Faskolor Key Lime. I airbrushed it and also applied a faux carbon fiber look on the hood. They had carbon fiber in 1966 didn't they? Not! Oh well, hopefully the VTA gods will forgive the transgression.

Its sitting on an Associated TC3 chassis.
Attached Thumbnails U.S. Vintage Trans-Am Racing-mustanggt196602r.jpg  
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 AM
Tech Apprentice

I have actually found the HPI mustang body to be much more durable than the HPI Camaro. The guys I race with have had the Camaro fronts tear during the first race night, the mustang i just push out the dents and keep going. After 8 weeks with the mustang body, I just added some shoe goo to it last week.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:28 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
I've been really wanting to do this body. I had a 1972 Mustang convertible once upon a time (that would be a cool body too HPI!) but I also have a soft spot for for the late 60's style.

I don't think this body will hold up as well as the HPI Camaro body for regular racing now that I've completed it. The lexan in the nose gets really thin in some spots due to all the detail they mold in. Even with Shoe Goo, I don't think it will last as long as the Camaro. So, this may just be a "show" body for at home. We'll see. Regardless, HPI does some killer stuff!

The paint color is Faskolor Key Lime. I airbrushed it and also applied a faux carbon fiber look on the hood. They had carbon fiber in 1966 didn't they? Not! Oh well, hopefully the VTA gods will forgive the transgression.

Its sitting on an Associated TC3 chassis.

That is an AWESOME looking car. I Wish they had this type of racing around here in NY.....
Old 01-24-2011, 09:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jms493
That is an AWESOME looking car. I Wish they had this type of racing around here in NY.....
Build one and show up at the track. Guaranteed there will be two more next week.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jms493

www.rampagerc.com
Old 01-24-2011, 03:23 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default THUNDER RC RACEWAY THUNDER JAM

thanks to all the guys that came out to Thunder Jam #3...it was a very good event....

thanks to Donald "TQ" Martin, this brain child of a race is just as much your fault as me and Roberts...lol...thanks Buddy

thank you again Robert for even allowing this event to take place...I dont care how bad of a racer you are, you are good dude...No Homo

thank you Tim Moore as always being there...and for putting me in 1st place in the concourse.....

thanks to the TC and 12th scale guys....

thanks to the out of towners.....you guys are great sports, and a credit to the Mid-south for your travel and effort to spread the VTA/on-road love across the region...

thanks to all the VTA loyal racers that helped make this event....you guys are the heart and soul of on-road racing and I hope all of you stick with it and progress to the next level of VTA racing....

the VTA class will continue to grow as long as we work together to help each other get faster and smoother. The progress I saw Sunday blew my mind....watching you guys jump up to the "A" main and fight it out for position was just mind-blowing...my hats off to all of you...

and I promise to keep making the class as fun as I can for you guys that continue to support VTA, Thunder RC Raceway, and the USVTA...thank you very much...

Myron "BATTMAN" Kinnard

ps ....to the guys that are getting USVTA legal....extra thanks...I predict that by the Indy Race...90% of us will be FULL USVTA...even if I have to buy the stuff myself...thats the truth!!!!!
Old 01-24-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by raffaelli
thanks man....thats about 1 hour away. Doable but not ideal. Not sure I could get there on a regular basis.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.