im after a new tc wat is better and y?

thanks ..
Old 09-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
im after a new tc wat is better and y?

thanks ..
theres already a thread about this topic..

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...6-get-why.html
Old 09-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Regular

thanks , but the thread went on bout a geared diff
Old 09-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I think most of these guys talk about top level racing meaning, really big professional tracks.We race on a little small tight concrete track.On our track a cheap Ofna is outrunning T3's TCX, Shuie's,TC6,all the top level cars.It seems nobbody talks about little small, not very well maintaned club tracks.I think it depends a lot on the track you are going to be running on.And if you are going to traveling to other tracks.Tc racing is not popular where I live.And the nearest track is just too far away. So for me the TC6 is my choice, because of parts support and the fact that there is no telling what car is going to win on our crummy little track.Like I say TC is dead in this part of the world.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I don't think you are likely to get the answers you are looking for. There are a lot of people that have brand loyalty for various reasons and will recommend the car they own. Virtually any competition grade TC can be set up to win in the right hands. Different people also like their car to handle differently based on how they drive. I don't think you can definitively say that one car is better than than another. I think if you were to put just about any high end car, set up well, in the hands of someone like Atsushi Hara, he would win with it.

Just pick the color of anodizing you prefer.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:34 AM
Tech Regular

i have hotbodies and t3 already but wud like a new car so i think ive made my mind up tcx as soon as the come in stock
Old 09-24-2010, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mwoods
i have hotbodies and t3 already but wud like a new car so i think ive made my mind up tcx as soon as the come in stock
TCX is in stock at Speedtech
http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...il.asp?id=9614

By the way, I own a Photon and love it
Price of kit, price of spares, ease of maintenance and it's forgiving (still drives pretty well with a poor set up and drives great with a good set up) There are a few minor parts that tend to wear out, but T.O.P. are constantly improving in those areas and updating their kit, so I have to respect them for that.

I would definitely buy another Photon, but I'd also like to own a few other TCs eventually including the TCX. If I could afford it, I'd own one of every brand and 2 or 3 of some of them.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Second for a Photon. However, my choice was based on what parts were readily available at my local track, and how many others there were already running the Photon to gain tips and tricks from. It was a no brainer. Have been happy with it ever since. TC may be dead in some parts of the country but righ now out here in Nor Cal, TC is alive and well.
Old 09-24-2010, 11:45 AM
Tech Regular

I had a go on my mates photon last week end and
It was realy gd better then my t3 .. I think
Most cars r the same but just how u set them up
Old 09-24-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

+1 for photon...

I have raced on similar tracks with low grip... and would suggest, whatever car you decide, use a thin lower deck to get some flex for more traction.

Don't get sucked into all the new car hype. I have recently been running my Pro4 on a low traction LARGE track (19 sec laps in stock 17.5) and its as good as anything else. I'm considering backing off some of the top deck screws to get some more flex!

Hope this helps...

Remember.... a new car is only new and shiny for a few meetings... then its second hand anyways...
Old 09-24-2010, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

It depends on what class you want to race and how deep are your pockets.

I am partical to the Photon because the parts and hop-ups are not big bucks. The photon out of the box is competitive and not requiring a bunch of hops-up to run with the big dogs...

My opinion only BTW...
Old 09-24-2010, 08:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)
Default Photon

Take Locked's advice. I was a Mi4 guy.. However Locked ran well and knows his stuff. We ran at a temp parking lot track and could not get the MI4lp to run right. I have a Photon now (2) and find it well thought out. The only thing must have is the steering upgrade. Depending on what kit you buy it comes with 2 chassis plates and a extra set of suspension parts. Its a no brainer for me.
The option of the gear diff. I like the gear diff. less messing around. I am just a club level racer (and proud of it). The endless support on this site is second to none. The guys at TOP USA are great.
I have had a tc5, Cyclone, Mi4.. Now a Photon and (416 for tcs).. I have stopped at the photon.. The base set up are spot on. The only thing on the car I changed was the diff to a gear diff.
The only thing I have broken is the front driveshaft(bent). I changed from the red alloy to Steel and have no issues. Thanks to Locked for pointing that out.
So I give a +1 for the Photon.

You wont be sorry with a Photon..

Last edited by zleader_99; 09-24-2010 at 08:18 PM.
Old 09-25-2010, 12:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

and another for the photon, , i have one for indoors on carpet , and ive just bought another for tarmac ..

i absolutly love it ( or them ), i had a mi4lp before , and it was really inconsistent , but since changing to the TOP PHOTON , i feel alot more confident ..

the only thing ive broke is , hinge pin holders ( after big hits ) but better ones will be out soon , and ive pulled the threads of the steering knuckles .......

but ive got sooooo much love for the photon !!
Old 09-25-2010, 03:01 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I guess allot of people are drinking the Photon Kool-aid. I have had the T3, Photon, TCX and currently run A Tamiya 416X. Out of those 4 cars I love my Tamiya. It handles the best for me. I am actually a Xray fan, I love my T3 foam car, you couldn't pay me enough for it, but on rubber it just doesn't do the trick. ( for me anyway) and honestly not sure if it is doing as good as Xray hoped it would. Now if the T3 2011 comes out and I can get it to feel like my Tamiya then I'll probably get another one, but until then it's all Tamiya. I have a friend who drove my 416 last weekend and is now selling his Photon and buying a Tamiya. I bought a TCX and decided not to keep it after I built it, I have another friend with a Photon who wanted to try the TCX and he is now selling his Photon and buying the TCX from me. There is no doubt the photon is a good price, but I am a firm believer of you get what you pay for.

After having both the TCX and the Photon my personal opinion would be to buy the TCX. The quality, fit & finish, and the instructions are better than the Photon. (in my opinion)
Old 09-25-2010, 07:54 AM
Tech Regular

As a supported Muchmore UK driver I must say the Photon. Also and most importantly, the spares support for the Photon in the UK is the best for any make of car with over 98% of all optional and standard parts available on next day delivery!

Stick with T.O.P. its awesome also on carpet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.