Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree9Likes

Losi 1/10 TEN-SCTE ARR 4x4 Short Course Truck Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

APE Battery Trays are $5 off this weekend!

Hey guys, I'm a little late, but I wanted to have a little sale this weekend. APE battery trays will be $5 off until Monday morning.

Have a great holiday weekend and remember our active duty and veteran military members who have sacrificed so that we can have our freedom.

Thanks,

Chris
Old 07-05-2013, 05:28 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ChrisAttebery
APE Battery Trays are $5 off this weekend!

Hey guys, I'm a little late, but I wanted to have a little sale this weekend. APE battery trays will be $5 off until Monday morning.

Have a great holiday weekend and remember our active duty and veteran military members who have sacrificed so that we can have our freedom.

Thanks,

Chris
Just came in here to say the APE battery tray is a worthwile upgrade!
Never regretted buying it. If you have an SCTE 1.0, get one !
Old 07-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tc5 man

Shoot man i was looking at getting the MIP kit but this looks like it will be cheaper im on it !
TBH the new BCE chassis looks nice, but it's no SCTE 2.0 or MIP Kit.
It's "just" a chassis with the diff more to the rear.

The SCTE 2.0 has (aside from the diff positioning) better servo mounts, battery mounts, shock towers, TLR hubs etc.

The MIP kit has (aside from the diff positioning) better servo mounts, battery mounts, different shock towers, other shock springs, and the MIP Shock piston system.

You can buy the MIP for $160 - $180 depending on where you are.
Upgrading to use Losi 2.0 parts will probably cost you more than $200.

The new BCE chassis is nice, but it's noway near a MIP kit or 2.0 imho.
Old 07-05-2013, 06:14 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by Pygmy

The SCTE 2.0 has (aside from the diff positioning) better servo mounts, battery mounts, shock towers, TLR hubs etc.

The MIP kit has (aside from the diff positioning) better servo mounts, battery mounts, different shock towers, other shock springs, and the MIP Shock piston system.

Yea but the new BCE chassis still will make a good diffrence and handling jumping and the price pretty good.

The MIP chassis i would just get that for indoor track racing on the big outdoors tracks im not sure its pretty light.
I tried out a SCTE with the MIP conversion from a guy i race with indoors on carpet and it was really good.

If the 2.0 chassis was cheaper maybe i would convert to a 2.0 but its to expensive to do that .
Old 07-05-2013, 06:18 PM
Tech Prophet

I might take a look at that APE tray next mouth . I tried out the battery toward the rear with the stock battery tray i dint like it jumped to nose high.
Old 07-05-2013, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Love my APE tray
Old 07-06-2013, 10:43 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ta_man
I run that motor on 3S for racing with a 14T pinion. 13 might be better on 4S to keep temps low enough for extended bashing.
So with a 2200Kv motor you can run 2-4 cells and get speed with a good range to be at the track and bash too..? sounds like my next motor
Old 07-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

ape tray is dialed!
Old 07-07-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by chucko
Being i'm not a pro at painting. I got tired of the plain oh paint. so I went with a stripe or two. I'm waiting for some cash to come in so I can get the new BCE chassis from Bill ...Even though,.... I think this one works great!!!!!!!! this is a great truck don't ya think ... you have to try that BCE JMO but I personally think its ahead of all the rest..
Attachment 1086209
Attachment 1086210
Attachment 1086211
Attachment 1086212
Hey Chuck Looks cool
makes me want to yell out "PANAMA" For some reason
I still cant belive you have been running Our One version for almost two years? WoW Awsome
Great to Hear about your Grand opening!!
I know lots of guys that are real Happy about your New super track..
Keep us posted on your 2.0 Build..

Also Here is a little update for some who are confused with our latest product line up for the Racing SCTE Guys Hope this helps..
Also just for clarification there are 3 BCE chassis's currently offered for the scte
V1 - made for the scte 1.0 truck (the original BCE chassis for this truck)(Above)

(NEW) H1 - made for the scte 1.0 truck to allow it co be converted to a 1.0/2.0 hybrid (hence the H) using the 1.0 front and rear clips/ center with the addition of the 2.0 side guards, f/r chassis braces and battery hold down system (these parts must be purchased separately) This option gives the 1.0 owners the advantage of the new motor/ esc configuration
and utilize all of their High$$ parts that have been accumulated over the past years..

And Finally The
(NEW) V2 - made Just for the SCTE 2.0 truck

Old 07-08-2013, 08:42 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pygmy

I agree but a lot of people including myself have a 1.0 with tons of upgrades and by just getting the new BCE chassis and a new 2.0 battery mount I will have a truck that is just as good if not better than a stock 2.0 or a MIP chassis for about $120.
Old 07-08-2013, 12:10 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I'm a new SCTE owner with the following upgrades based on information found here:

HD Diff Cases
HD Lightened Drive Cups
Bump Chissis
Long Durin rear brace
Aluminum front brace

Ran a full day at WCRC with no problems but noticed my wheels were wobbling while the truck was on the stand. Looks like bent CV drives. I searched the thread but didn't find anything specific to the CV's being weak. Can someone set me straight on this? I just rebuilt my diff with the HD upgrades. Now it seems I should have gone with the MIP CV option?
Old 07-08-2013, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by -DOZER-
I'm a new SCTE owner with the following upgrades based on information found here:

HD Diff Cases
HD Lightened Drive Cups
Bump Chissis
Long Durin rear brace
Aluminum front brace

Ran a full day at WCRC with no problems but noticed my wheels were wobbling while the truck was on the stand. Looks like bent CV drives. I searched the thread but didn't find anything specific to the CV's being weak. Can someone set me straight on this? I just rebuilt my diff with the HD upgrades. Now it seems I should have gone with the MIP CV option?
The mip cv was not available as of last night. Most guys are using tekno Cvd's.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:01 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mxgregg
I agree but a lot of people including myself have a 1.0 with tons of upgrades and by just getting the new BCE chassis and a new 2.0 battery mount I will have a truck that is just as good if not better than a stock 2.0 or a MIP chassis for about $120.
If the $98 BCE Chassis included a battery mount and servo mount it might be competitive imho, but currently when the BCE chassis with battery mount is $120 and the MIP Kit is $160 (on EBay) with chassis, battery mount, servo mount, shocktowers, "realshocks" shockpiston kit, shock springs and body cover it seems like the MIP kit is a better deal.

I'm in the same situation btw, I have the KH chassis and hardly any stock parts anymore, so I figure if I'd go for the MIP kit I might have enough spareparts to (almost) build a back-up SCTE
Old 07-08-2013, 02:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc5 man
Yea but the new BCE chassis still will make a good diffrence and handling jumping and the price pretty good.

The MIP chassis i would just get that for indoor track racing on the big outdoors tracks im not sure its pretty light.
I tried out a SCTE with the MIP conversion from a guy i race with indoors on carpet and it was really good.

If the 2.0 chassis was cheaper maybe i would convert to a 2.0 but its to expensive to do that .
Your assumption on the MIP kit too light for outdoors is off. The top three this weekend at the ROAR E-nats warm ups at LCRC were all MIP trucks. I tq'ed and finished 2nd. Two weeks ago I also won the round three of ROAR region 2 series at the Tiltyard over top of a Losi 2.0 driven by the current series points leader Brian Miskowlszi. Most of my racing is on large 1/8th tracks outdoors also.
Old 07-08-2013, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jmackani
The mip cv was not available as of last night. Most guys are using tekno Cvd's.
Right right right, I ment Techno CVs. Are the stock ones so weak they bend easily?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.