Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New TEAM WAVE racing brushless system

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by decibels
Yes with turbo 2 on you can produce a lot of rpm and will have to gear down about 9 teeth in gearing which is about 10mm for me but you need to make sure not to have any timing on your motor. but on a tight track you might need to try between turbo 1 and 2 as when you are on full throttle to much it heats up the motor to much and fades!! But this also depends on the motor you run as turbo 2 suits low reving motors a lot and brings new life to them!! and remember when running turbo the time shift setting is to control how revs before turbo kicks in!! Just some starting tips hope they help!!
9 teeth
I have just received my rb-s with the 13.5T Linear motor and going to put in my Cyclone TC, previously running Losi Excelerion 13.5 combo on 67/35 giving 4.13 FDR are you saying I should change to 67/26 or the equivalent to get 5.57 FDR.
Old 01-05-2010, 03:22 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks slot guys very helpful!
How are the linear motors doing up against others like speed passion and Orion
Old 01-05-2010, 07:51 PM
Tech Adept

runinonempty:
What is the problem actually? You can't start downloading the firmware or any other problem?

deanomgwhiteguy:
Linear motor is the same as speed passion motors but with 12.5mm rotor. (Some SP motors use 12.3mm rotor)
If you run 10.5T, you need RB-S. Yes, faster and cheaper !

Barry_Hughes:
That depends on your track size, you can keep your ratio if you have long straight.
Old 01-06-2010, 12:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Barry_Hughes
9 teeth
I have just received my rb-s with the 13.5T Linear motor and going to put in my Cyclone TC, previously running Losi Excelerion 13.5 combo on 67/35 giving 4.13 FDR are you saying I should change to 67/26 or the equivalent to get 5.57 FDR.
You can gear a bit more with the linear motor as they have a lot of torque but twin turbo is quite different! i say to gear down because i do not want you to cook your motor on the first run as you need to gear up slowly!! Otherwise it can mean more money!! better safe than sorry but i like rollout better and i went down 10mm on rollout which happens to be about 9 teeth for me but every car works out different but play safe if it is too slow then gear up and check your temps!! But start at around 5.3.
Old 01-06-2010, 03:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Yes team wave I cannot put the new firmwear on to my rb 30 when I go through the correct process on one of the other guys at the track rb 30 as soon as I flick the switch on programing card the new firmwear begins instaling on the rb 30
when I try with mine nothing happens?
Based on the fact that we can get it to work on another rb30 eliminates the possibilty of a doggy USB cable and program card so it must be the speed control
as I mentioned before it stil works fine just a bit slow as it has not had the updated firmwear

what can do to rectify this problem?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by runinonempty
Yes team wave I cannot put the new firmwear on to my rb 30 when I go through the correct process on one of the other guys at the track rb 30 as soon as I flick the switch on programing card the new firmwear begins instaling on the rb 30
when I try with mine nothing happens?
Based on the fact that we can get it to work on another rb30 eliminates the possibilty of a doggy USB cable and program card so it must be the speed control
as I mentioned before it stil works fine just a bit slow as it has not had the updated firmwear

what can do to rectify this problem?
So you have updated a 30 previously with the same computer/cables/program box using the same com port and settings?
Old 01-06-2010, 05:40 AM
Tech Regular

Hey all again!
Last question for me, can you update the firmware on the rb s?
Thanks
Old 01-06-2010, 02:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dragonfire
So you have updated a 30 previously with the same computer/cables/program box using the same com port and settings?
Yes
Old 01-06-2010, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by deanomgwhiteguy
Hey all again!
Last question for me, can you update the firmware on the rb s?
Thanks

Yes you can if there is another firmware revision release for it. The new 1.2 is for the 30-50 not the RB-S.
Old 01-07-2010, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

I just installed RB-S, the lipo setting set at 6v cutoff. When the battery is low, I see my car suddenly goes so slow. Just like a ant is walking on the track, I think this this dangerous on the track to put back the car. Is this normal?
Old 01-07-2010, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by ioxqq
I just installed RB-S, the lipo setting set at 6v cutoff. When the battery is low, I see my car suddenly goes so slow. Just like a ant is walking on the track, I think this this dangerous on the track to put back the car. Is this normal?
This is what happens when the ESC goes into Lipo cut. Try a lower voltage cut off or no cut off. The RB-S will draw a lot off current and need good fresh Lipo's.
Old 01-07-2010, 08:27 PM
Tech Fanatic

Team Wave is there any solution to my problem?
Old 01-07-2010, 08:58 PM
Tech Adept

ioxqq,

When LiPo cut engage, it will slow down your car and let you drive to a safe area, other ESC will straightly cut your power and that is danger !!

runinonempty:
Did you try "Step 8, notes" on the handheld programmer manual?? (You can download from our website)

The "Linear motor" has a wider gear ratio than other "rpm type" motor. You can use timeshift, turbo 1, turbo 2, drive profile and gear ratio to tune what you need. That will cover all low,mid,high power.
Old 01-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pablo Diablo
This is what happens when the ESC goes into Lipo cut. Try a lower voltage cut off or no cut off. The RB-S will draw a lot off current and need good fresh Lipo's.
Hey Pablo I am not normally one to criticize but you have just given possibly the worst piece of advice ever!

What happens to LiPo's when we discharge them below 6v, they either become paperweights or, worse still they GO UP IN SMOKE.

Why on earth would you suggest that someone, who is obviously deep discharging there LiPo's, should turn off the protection for their batteries by dropping the voltage threshold below 6v or worse still TURNING OFF the LiPo cutoff altogether.

I am hoping that the above post was meant as a tongue in cheek joke and was not a serious post, if this is the case then I apologise for getting so het up about this.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by cherry2blost
Hey Pablo I am not normally one to criticize but you have just given possibly the worst piece of advice ever!

What happens to LiPo's when we discharge them below 6v, they either become paperweights or, worse still they GO UP IN SMOKE.

Why on earth would you suggest that someone, who is obviously deep discharging there LiPo's, should turn off the protection for their batteries by dropping the voltage threshold below 6v or worse still TURNING OFF the LiPo cutoff altogether.

I am hoping that the above post was meant as a tongue in cheek joke and was not a serious post, if this is the case then I apologise for getting so het up about this.
Sorry for trying to help.

Most people who race, the people who this ESC is suitable for, would never run their lipo down to 6V. Only people bashing on the street have to worry about this. It is possible for the voltage to drop below 6V, for a very breif moment, when racing when the current draw is very high. Like when on full throttle, using twin turbo, out of a tight corner. Even if the resting voltage of the lipo is over 7V, it can go below 6V momentarily when in use. I assumed you were not stupid enough to run your lipo till it dumped, maybe I was wrong on that assumption. It is common for people with not the latest and greatest Lipo's on the market to have to disable Lipo cut.

Can I suggest you don't over react so much next time you don't fully understand someone else advice??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.