Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2007, 04:44 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by tantalus007
canto54: thanks for the pic... but did you dremel the alloy diff outdrives for you to fit the tamiya blades???
it's friend who did it for me. I don't think he used a dremmel but you can surely do something with a dremmel. I think he did that on a CNC machine.
Be careful of the wear of your outdrives before. Because mine was having only 3 races and it was hard so do the mod because at some points there were too large for the blade, because of wear. The best is to do it on a new set of outdrives. Another careful point is the diameter of the CVD pin. Tolerence on the yokomo bones isn't good, pin are not 2mm like on the tamiya bones so you may have to use a reammer to make them free.
Old 07-19-2007, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

.......so where can i get a durable alu diff that i can just drop in the car?

this any good-------->

its a TOP spool from rc-car-world.de
Old 07-19-2007, 08:33 AM
JJC
Tech Initiate

Default Fixed layshaft pulley

Anyone got any tips for removing the play between the front drive pulley and the layshaft (when running the fixed pulley)?

Thanks
Old 07-19-2007, 09:37 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tantalus007
canto54:

skypilot: what i was trying to say was if canto54 also used a alum spool and if he was also able to fit the tamiya blades into the alum spool with any modifications done... sorry for the confusion... but tthanks for the offer thou...

lol, it was probably just me...

not sure about the tamiya blades but i know with other brands, a little dremel work is needed.
Old 07-19-2007, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Sorry i haven't seen your second question. For the spool I use a JP Products one. It's a aluminium spool with delrin cups so I don't use blade. I don't like blades with a spool because hey die so fast and the cost is really important. With the JP Product spool, no wear at all
Old 07-19-2007, 11:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JJC
Anyone got any tips for removing the play between the front drive pulley and the layshaft (when running the fixed pulley)?

Thanks
a dab of shoe-goo will help you out,
Old 07-19-2007, 01:09 PM
JJC
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by JasonC
a dab of shoe-goo will help you out,
Thanks Jason I'll give that a try
Old 07-20-2007, 01:20 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
gooday every one i own a yokomo bd but since i have gone too running brushless in it lrp tc spec with a 4.5 in it . it doesnt matter how i do the diffs the rear diff will blow up where the centre comes apart from the pulley i have put 6 new diffs in the back of the car i never had this problem when i was running a brushed mod all i can put it down too is the power of the new motor an batteries now days ..
if any one could help that would be great cheers
i had the same problem with you before, i burned 5 diff pulley and 3 delrin out drive after i put gtb 4.5r. i almost sell my bd and change with other. but now, NOT ANYMORE even using plastic diff out drive..
after u build the diff (i am only using carbide ball diff and trust, and locktite on the screw). screw in the diff set screw all the way in and turn back 1/2 turn, put it in the car, connect all batt and motor . with the car hangging, play with throttle and hold one of the rear wheel a few times for 1 minutes. and then, take off the left universal, screw all the way in again, and back 1/2 turn. race it hard man, no problem. but after EVERY RUN, repeat again. screw all the way in, and back 1/2 turn. even now iam using gtb 3.5r with foam tires, even harder for the diff. but no problem at all. still pretty smooth. good luck...
Old 07-20-2007, 04:25 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

thanks for the tip hopenk another great tip i will be sure too give that a shot i dont race on foam tyres here we all use rubber tyres i western australia but if you are using all that an foams an not haven a problem that is great cheers
Old 07-20-2007, 11:24 AM
Tech Regular

heres my mamba max layout for the BD
Attached Thumbnails Yokomo MR4TC-BD-dscn1151.jpg  
Old 07-20-2007, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

your rear belt looks a little bit loose :-)
Old 07-20-2007, 04:57 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by coons88
Mate, you wont regret it. Its an awesome car. It was released what? 2 and a half maybe more years ago now? I bought the car when it first came out, and then the BDM, and it still goes as strong as ever. The fact that it is now probably atleast a 3 year old design, and its still as competitive as anything says something, when you look at how many cars Xray has released since the BD came out.
And as far as parts, reliability etc, in two and a half years I can count on one hand how many parts I've broken, and probably count on the otherhand how many parts I've had to replace due to them wearing out (running mod too). The only 'weak' thing I found on the car was the plastic and graphite knuckles kept stripping, so it's worthwhile investing in some alloy ones.
You can't go wrong with it.
The one I was using in your heat at the Drivers series last weekend is 2+ years old. Very good car. If buying new though, would definately recommend the BD-M for the extra goodies on it.

Not quite as old as Graemes Xray though

As far as stripping steering knuckles, a drop of CA blown into the holes and allowed to cure will keep them good as new.
Old 07-20-2007, 07:22 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by DOTMAN
your rear belt looks a little bit loose :-)
u know what they say.......'loose is fast' lol

j/k.....the rear diff and tower is out of the car
Old 07-20-2007, 11:48 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mattwoodcraft
thanks for the tip hopenk another great tip i will be sure too give that a shot i dont race on foam tyres here we all use rubber tyres i western australia but if you are using all that an foams an not haven a problem that is great cheers
we are close then, iam in indonesia, everybody start become wild. some times we practice with 1/10 gas power. also race at 1/8 gp race track. we also have rubber tires race, but i just join the foam one. not many people used yokomo amymore here, because of difficulty to find parts...
Old 07-21-2007, 04:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

im pretty lucky on the parts situation the local hobby shop seems too stock alot here and when i do order parts they always arrive on time. the austarlian destributor keeps a good stock of parts in thats for sure...

im thinking of buying the bd-m does it drive the same or better than the old one with the geometry of the car ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.