Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2002, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

totally agree!!!! other years we can follow it and have tons of pics form rcracing , when was held at the ripon, but this year ((( and i want to knwo how the Tamiya guys are running!!!
Go Surikarn, Go Dave, Go Jimmy, Go Miura Go Satoshi!!!!! ))))
Old 05-26-2002, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default New Pictures at Reedy Race in Tamiya

http://homepage.mac.com/izzyracer/PhotoAlbum17.html
Old 05-26-2002, 08:36 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah, isn’t odd that there is almost no coverage of the race to be found on the internet?

“Our collective goal is to make this event the biggest of the 2002 year and we invite all manufacturers to join us in reaching out to an audience that may not be aware of our exciting sport.”
Fred Medel-RC Car Sept. 2001

In past years there has been race coverage all over the internet.
Supposedly, this year’s race was moved down south to give the hobby more exposure to the public. My question is this, how can an audience not aware of our exciting sport become exposed to the hobby when people already involved in the hobby can’t find any race coverage anywhere?

If they wanted to move the race, they just should have been honest and said the real reason why they wanted to move the race. I think Reedy and Fred just got tired of packing up their teams and driving up to Ripon R/C Speedway for the past 4 years. Great way to support a hobby shop and track that does their best to represent and support the hobby. Is it any wonder why hobby shops and tracks around the country open and close down all the time?

My 2 Cents,
Masato
Old 05-26-2002, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yikes!

Mosato,
You should not get ahead of yourself, I think there was enough exposure of this event, Heck, you knew about it. In case of the internet, It will come out well over after the event (not during) I don't think they'll have a guy on a computer doing actual time coverage for you, only CNN will do that. This place was packed and believe me, the Media was there. Getting all this manufacturers together is a big deal for our hobby and Tamiya's Race track is a more convenient place to show people.

Kudos, Tamiya, Reedy and to all of the hobby industry!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

so who won the race!!!!!!!!!! TOP 10 in both MOD classes would be nice!
Old 05-26-2002, 09:39 PM
Tech Rookie

izzyracer,

Okay, yeah I was venting, but I think you missed my point. Yes, I did know about the race, but that's because I'm into the hobby.
For the past four years Team Orion's website had daily race results, reports and pictures. What media was there at the race?
Any newspapers or TV stations? Or was it just the usual RC magazines? My main point is that they moved the race to supposedly bring more people into the hobby. How do you do that when the only people that know about the race already are into the hobby? I think you hit the nail on the head in your own post, they moved the race to be more convienent for themeselves, not really to show the hobby to more people. Glad to hear the the place was packed, but how much of the crowd was there racing and watch while waiting for their heats? How many where there just to check out the show? If all the coverage the race gets is just in R/C mags and websites, then how are they reaching people unaware of the hobby?

Thanks,
Masato
(P.S. -Race Results Anyone?)
Old 05-26-2002, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

I'd say 70% of the people there were spectators who stayed at least for a couple of hours...what about rippon, did they have that many people???? I think not! and oh yah they are actually people who are more likely to be able to afford the hobby...you know, it is an expensive hobby so we might as well target a mid to high income level area. I mean, even with better publicity like you said rippon had you still won't get regular Joe to go there, isn't that a corn field area?? They learn about this hobby through RC magazines and from people like us not LA times, unless you have King Kong being attack by Hara's car on the foot, it might make it.....hehehe.
Remember too this is not neutral ground like Rippon so that say's a lot about the manufacturers trying to get together for the better of this business. It is a unique business and I'm sure the manufacturers and Mags are doing there best to expose it within there limit or else they will be the one losing at the end.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Results?

Anyone of you has the results? Who won?
Old 05-26-2002, 11:07 PM
R/C Tech Founder

Barry Baker won the invitational class, or so I've heard. That's all I know.
Old 05-26-2002, 11:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally posted by futureal
Barry Baker won the invitational class, or so I've heard. That's all I know.
Thanks! Cant wait to hear the rest of it. Keep it coming guys!
Old 05-26-2002, 11:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes, Barry won the Invitational class.

Josh Anderson (local OFF ROADER!!!!) won the 19turn Spec class.

Andrew Swanson won the Open Mod class.

This was by far (IMO) the BEST Reedy Race yet. The removal of one-ways from the event made the racing absolutely tremendous!!!! Just to watch cars rocket around the big sweeper and use HUGE HUGE HUGE brakes to make the first turn was truely something you needed to witness first hand!!! I'm glad I got to attend this event, and even more happy with my finish....

3rd in the Open Modified A-Main.

Must give a shout out to my sponsors: Team Associated, Reedy, LRP, Kimbrough, Penguin R/C, TS Racing, ARP, and a special thanks to Steve over at Speedtech R/C.

See everyone next year...
Old 05-26-2002, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Tony, any info were Scott Brown finished?
Old 05-27-2002, 12:03 AM
Tech Adept

I want to know how the tamiya guys did!!!
Surikarn, miura, jacobson, jun, maezumi, was all of them in the top 10????
Old 05-27-2002, 12:17 AM
Tech Rookie

Tony,

Congrats on the 3rd in Open Mod A-Main. "See everyone next year...." @Tamiya track, Ripon, or maybe new location again next year?

Thanks,
Masato

izzyracer,

Uh, what? So people from the Ripon area are low income corn farmers who can't afford the hobby? Nice, real nice way to stereotype people.
Old 05-27-2002, 12:33 AM
R/C Tech Founder

I heard Hara did not make the A, and finished 14th overall.

I have gone every damn place on the web and I can't find any info at all. It's like the secret race that never occured! Hopefully by this time next year, R/C Tech's network of trackside reporters will be firmly in place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.