Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Reedy Touring Car Race Updates

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2002, 03:17 PM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

linger: I hear ya....I hear ya. I guess not being there for the whole event doesn't allow me to imagine it. Especially after viewing the wide open layout of the track and the smooth flowing feel in the videos I've seen. I can't imagine where they even found time to use the brakes. Guess I'll have to go back and and look at the videos again.

But, if the best R/C drivers in the world can't use one-ways, whats the point of them existing?
Old 05-31-2002, 03:58 PM
Tech Rookie

Here is my two cents-

It's not only that there was a no one-way rule that made the racing better but it was also the work of the Tamiya staff and Scotty Ernst that put out the general vibe that if you drove into people you would and did get penalized. I think the quality of driving would have been pretty close even with one-ways. I think it had more to do with the race officials craking the whip.

If you think about it, two wheel buggies in off road don't have front wheel brakes yet the quality of racing isn't worse than four wheel off road. The grip is much less in off road as well. What is true is the fact that two wheel buggies are considered the most difficult form of off road because of that. People can use brakes when using one-ways in sedans. It's just harder that's all.
Old 05-31-2002, 07:21 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I think that we are over looking a big piece of the puzzle.......the TIRE'S!! This year we actually got a tire worth racing on. The no oneway made for great passes at the end of the sweeper but there were still cases where it didn't make a difference if you had a diff or not. I just like racing so what ever happens....happens but........if they do away with oneways I'll be stuck with 2 oneways, and all these 8 and 9 turn motors...LOL
Old 06-01-2002, 08:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The quality of racing wasn't necessarilly better, just flat-out more exciting. If you've ever watched real racing, the outbraking maneuver is one of the best passing techniques there is. The same is true for RC Cars. While there could have been some real great racing, and pretty passes, you just couldn't get the same excitement as you could with dual diffs.

On a side note, Ling. I'll be there early with a spot for you...