Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree170Likes

Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck

Hide Wikipost
Old 11-05-2018, 08:42 AM   -   Wikipost
R/C Tech ForumsThread Wiki: Yokomo YZ-2T 2WD ST truck
Please read: This is a community-maintained wiki post containing the most important information from this thread. You may edit the Wiki once you have been a member for 90 days and have made 90 posts.

Last edit by: Cain
Yokomo YZ-2T details to include setup
3 Pad Slipper Conversion Parts needed:
  • YOKS4-303OP Slipper Outer Plate
  • YOKS4-303P1 Slipper Pate Disc Plate
  • YOKB2-670C Slipper Pad (need 1 of these)
Stock Spring Measured Rating (By Neal Lewis)
  • Front: 7.17 n/cm 4.10 lb/in 54.5mm length
  • Rear: 3.77 n/cm 2.15 lb/in 72mm length

Print Wikipost

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2018, 01:07 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mes
Same feel as Racing Performer black, but longer.
you hear anything about when truck specific parts will show up at amain?
Old 10-05-2018, 01:44 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cain
you hear anything about when truck specific parts will show up at amain?
Possibly a day or two before the kits arrive, but that's just speculation on my part. If you want to buy the gearbox parts, side rails and battery mounts, you'd better be quick. I guess many people are going to convert their buggies.
Old 10-05-2018, 01:57 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mes
Possibly a day or two before the kits arrive, but that's just speculation on my part. If you want to buy the gearbox parts, side rails and battery mounts, you'd better be quick. I guess many people are going to convert their buggies.
thanks. for conversion parts I am looking to see if a conversion kits gets out there down the road.
Old 10-06-2018, 11:10 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Had a great day at Panik Raceway today! Unfortunately the hardware for my rear swaybar only arrived at home after I had left, so the truck is not 100 % there yet, but really great to drive despite some wet patches on the track that did not dry the hole day.
While I dialed in the YZ2T for 13.5 turns, Guido Kraft worked on his 8.5 turn set-up. I followed him a lap or so with the mobile, the video should be in the YZ-2 facebook group AFAIK. This is a very balanced truck and does not need a lot of extra weight in the front. Guido's truck also had all the plastic parts on it and with his driving the battery brace held the battery in place as is. After a wild tumble, I decided to replace the set screws with normal screws. Nothing broke, I am very happy with the kit! On an outdoor track, you should definitely give the T6.1 Proline body a try, which felt a bit smoother than the JConcepts kit body. I hope they'll release a compatible version of the HiFlow soon!
Cain likes this.

Last edited by mes; 10-07-2018 at 04:57 AM. Reason: removed set-up sheet, available on petitrc
Old 10-06-2018, 04:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

so when's the titanium turnbuckles coming out?
Old 10-06-2018, 11:33 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by LOW ET
so when's the titanium turnbuckles coming out?
Not sure about that, but there is always Lunsford!
Old 10-08-2018, 02:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 109 (100%+)

look what we have here

Cain likes this.
Old 10-08-2018, 09:59 PM
mes
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by jpcopeland1
Truck looks nice, I just hope Shin fixed durability issues I had with the YZ-2 CAL2... Hopefully Yokomo revises the YZ-2 chassis to not be as flexible so people stop breaking top decks.
FYI the new topdeck seems to be much sturdier than the previous one, and it may also help that the screws at the very front don't thread into the topdeck any more. I heard that Lee Martin used it on his buggy at the last EOS, but did not see it myself. Maybe we'll see it as a standard part on future buggy releases just as the new side rails, maybe even with a new bolt-on front wing mount that keys into the ST body mount holes.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 166 (100%+)

mines on the way!
If you plan on running it on carpet I highly recommend getting a set of AE V2 Red fronts, and Blue Rears for buggy and run the longer offset AE spring cup you can to get correct ride height. When I was running Yokomo on high grip turf and carpet, I was not a big fan of their spring options. Was at SCVRC and they were running either AE or XRAY springs and the cars were better, jumped, and landed better. Yokomo springs are too soft even at their highest rates.They also need to shrink down that truck chasssi and make it available for the buggy ASAP. Every gripe I have ever heard about the buggy is how it has way too much flex. The truck looks just about perfect.
Old 10-10-2018, 05:36 AM
Tech Legend

If you plan on running it on carpet I highly recommend getting a set of AE V2 Red fronts, and Blue Rears for buggy and run the longer offset AE spring cup you can to get correct ride height. When I was running Yokomo on high grip turf and carpet, I was not a big fan of their spring options. Was at SCVRC and they were running either AE or XRAY springs and the cars were better, jumped, and landed better. Yokomo springs are too soft even at their highest rates.
So AE improve there consistency? And are these the items:

https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c91835/p742895
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c91840/p742900
https://www.amainhobbies.com/team-as...c91310/p239779

As for xray springs do you have any recommendations?

Wonder when Yokomo will have some proper spring rates on the way.

Any opinions on swaybars (needed, not, etc) for the carpet?
Old 10-10-2018, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

Could somebody please do me a favour and measure the front arms for me?
I need the overall length , the length from inner hinge pin to outer hinge pin, the inner and outer width where the inner and outer hinge Pins are...hope you understand what I mean, I'm german.
Thanks!
Old 10-10-2018, 08:37 AM
mes
Tech Elite

If you plan on running it on carpet I highly recommend getting a set of AE V2 Red fronts, and Blue Rears for buggy and run the longer offset AE spring cup you can to get correct ride height. When I was running Yokomo on high grip turf and carpet, I was not a big fan of their spring options. Was at SCVRC and they were running either AE or XRAY springs and the cars were better, jumped, and landed better. Yokomo springs are too soft even at their highest rates...
Intersting! Everybody I know ditched the rear Xray springs from their XT2 as soon as the second battery. Yokomo's racing performer springs have been the best on carpet tracks and smooth astro tracks, not so much on bumpy ones. AE truck white front springs seem to do pretty well, too.
Old 10-10-2018, 09:49 AM
mes
Tech Elite

So AE improve there consistency?

Wonder when Yokomo will have some proper spring rates on the way.

Any opinions on swaybars (needed, not, etc) for the carpet?
AE have improved their consistency a lot with the V2 line of springs, but IMHO they are only worth buying if you want to replicate an AE set-up.Their truck springs seem to work pretty well, but I have no first hand experience with these. For carpet and smooth astro turf tracks, the Racing Performer springs have been the best around, orange/orange has been a go-to combination for 2WD buggies on various tracks. When I started with carpet racing, I thought that an ultra-stiff spring and heavy oil was best, but once you start playing with roll centers, you will find softer settings much more reactive. If you are running on tracks with many straights and huge jumps landing in the flat, things may of course be different for you. Yokomo's Racing Performer springs were engineered with carpet racing in mind and will be perfectly ok at low ride heights, as long as you choose the right ones. As jcopeland1 suggested, AE spring cups may be a good idea, and I'd start with one rate stiffer than on a 2WD buggy to accomodate the 17xx grams of weight.
On our carpet-like astro I ended up using RP purple with a 1.4 sway bar in the front and Avid yellow (~RP Orange, did not have it with me) in the rear, but would have liked to add a 1.0/1.1 sway bar in the rear. Guido Kraft ended up with an AE white truck spring (f) and RP black (r) because he had no sway bars at all at hand, but he agreed that my truck was much smoother to drive with the softer springs and sway bar, which is worth a lot in the 13.5 class.

On high-grip tracks, I'd say a selection of sway bars is a must for fine-tuning. For the rear end, Z2-412RS2 should be sufficient, for the front end I'd say get Z2-412F3 and some 1.5 and 1.4 wire to make your own sway bars.
Old 10-10-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Legend

Thanks for the info mes! Yeah I agree on going too stiff isn't good, supension still needs to actually work.

So right now I got on my list:

- ASC91310 Associated 12mm spring cup set
- Z2-412F3 Front sway bar set
- Z2-412RS2 Rear sway bar set
- YOKRP-083PU Race Performer Purple Front Springs
- YOKRP-084O Race Performer Rear Springs (carpet)

What did you end up modifying to get the sway bar sizes you mentioned and what tools did you use to get the proper "bend"?

Any idea on when yokomo will have proper front truck springs?

This your setup?

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...orf2018100607/

I run on a carpet grey ozite surface with slicks due to rule limitations or other clay tires. so slightly less traction than carpet pins.

If all goes well with UPS, should have my truck today! Schelle parts will be in today too!
Old 10-10-2018, 11:29 AM
mes
Tech Elite

Thanks for the info mes! Yeah I agree on going too stiff isn't good, supension still needs to actually work.

So right now I got on my list:

- ASC91310 Associated 12mm spring cup set
- Z2-412F3 Front sway bar set
- Z2-412RS2 Rear sway bar set
- YOKRP-083PU Race Performer Purple Front Springs
- YOKRP-084O Race Performer Rear Springs (carpet)

What did you end up modifying to get the sway bar sizes you mentioned and what tools did you use to get the proper "bend"?

Any idea on when yokomo will have proper front truck springs?

This your setup?

http://site.petitrc.com/setup/yokomo...orf2018100607/

I run on a carpet grey ozite surface with slicks due to rule limitations or other clay tires. so slightly less traction than carpet pins.

If all goes well with UPS, should have my truck today! Schelle parts will be in today too!
Yes, that's my set-up! I used some simple needle nose pliers to modify the B-Max4 wire and took the YZ-2 front sway bars as a template. However, there is no need for the double bend and I ended up bending the wire slightly more backwards because it touched the upper arms.
Unfortunately I haven't heard anything about Yokomo truck springs other than the kit set so far. They seem decent, but are too long for running on carpet. I think I'll shoot Shin a few lines via Facebook.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.