Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road > Team and Company Discussions
T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada >

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

T-Bang Hobby Technology - Vancouver, Canada

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 08:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

I cant wait to try your motors and batteries.
Whats the best way to make an order from you Trent?
Old 04-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Talking

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT
20mil is about 0.5mm - mil is the "metric version of imperial". 1mil = 1/1000th of an inch. Bizarre, but popular in the lamination and vinyl world. Average sticker stock is usually 3 or 4 mil, so you're looking at a giant sticker about 7x thicker than normal stock. Ride height should be ok though.....

I'm with you on the motor prep Stu - I grow weary of hearing people say how much work brushed motors are when a lot of it tends to be make-work. (This excludes low wind mod motors though, which truly are a ton of work).

In reality, if a Stock or 19T motor is clean and geared properly with a good brush and spring combination, you should see multiple runs from it without a huge loss in performance. Run 2 and 3 are often the sweet spot because as much as we think we break the motors in on the bench, we never really do. The first minute on the track with 30A going through those brushes "motivates" the seating process a lot.

You will lose some power over time, but it's not actually as bad as a lot of people think as long as there's not too much arc'ing and burning going on. Again, it all goes back to the brushes/springs and gearing on the car. For the average club race, losing 4% over 3 runs isn't that big a deal.

Even that loss can be minimized a lot by just watching the motor, cleaning off the face of the brushes between runs and so forth. I think the ritual of a complete motor teardown between runs is overkill for stock, and unless you've got your break in routine totally dialed for your motor and brush setup, you might actually slow down a little bit for the start of that first run after the re-build.
Have to agree with you on this. I ran my CRC3.2r with a T-Bang 19t Komodo last weekend with the same brush/spring combo all weekend. I only skimmed the comm once to clean it up and cleaned the motor after every run. The motor had at least 11 runs on it with practice.

Trent just wanted to thank-you for the awsome product you put out. The 19t, stock motors and brushes I got this year were awsome. Combo'd with the TQ Cells it was ballistic power. Thanks again

Taking the summer off so I'll see you in October at the Big Chill Out race.

Thanks again
Old 04-04-2007, 06:18 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks a million Doug! I am definitely glad that the line-up ran strong for you this season and I definitely appreciate the support. It means a lot to have a top driver like yourself choose the products, and even more to me that we were able to keep up with you and get you the power you needed.

Hopefully we'll have that brushless rig ready for you by the time you're back in fall!

Have a great summer!
Old 04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by BigDaddyT

Chassis Protection Film

We are pleased to announce a new product in the line-up just in time for the start of the summer season.

T-Bang "Johnny9's" chassis protector is now available. It is a 20mil thick, crystal clear polycarbonate film that is easy to apply and cut. It can be used to protect carbon fiber chassis for asphalt racing as well as for a variety of other applications where a clear protective layer is required.

The film will be available on-line, as well as to our dealer network within the next week.
Sweet!!! I'm famous now!! I can autograph your chassis protection film at any of the race days for a small fee...
Old 04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
Tech Addict

Hey John - Maybe next year we can get your likeness silkscreened onto each protector with a big "thumbs up" or something.
Old 04-12-2007, 02:06 PM
Tech Addict

Hey Gang,

Time for a quick T-Bang update..... The elves have been busy in the workshop for the past few weeks:

Web Store: Finally, it's ready to roll. Just putting some cosmetic touches on it and it will be live. Everything is up there - motors, brushes, batteries, etc. so it should make the process of ordering a lot smoother. If all goes as planned, it will be live this weekend.

Brushless: If all goes well, round 2 of brushless motor testing will go down this weekend. I torched my ESC during round 1, which put a damper on the affairs, but it was fun while it lasted! Thanks to the guys at Castle for the quick turnaround on my repair job.

Team Announcements: T-Bang is headed East! We would like to welcome Kevin Phillips, Clint Ford, Steve Laliberte, and Pascal Paquette to our team. Kevin races out of the Saskatchewan clubs and became a force to be reckoned with at this years WCICS. Clint and Pascal race out of the RC Ottawa Club, and Steve is from the Montreal area. We've very excited to be spreading the word across the country, and welcome the drivers to the team.

We also want to thank Dwayne Flodell for his efforts racing on our team. He's decided to take a break from the crazy RC world for a bit. Take care dude! Hope to see you on the track again soon.

Once that store is up, I'll work at getting the rest of the site back up to snuff! Lots of new data and features to go up there..... so little time!
Old 04-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Tech Regular

Good to here your expanding the team.

Welcome to the team
Kevin Phillips, Clint Ford, Steve Laliberte, and Pascal Paquette.

You will be very happy with Trent's motors and products.

cant wait till Sunday first out door club race for irocc.

Chris Morrison
Old 04-12-2007, 04:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

I just received my motor today I cant wait to strap it in my evo5 and haul some a@# with it.
Very happy to be part of your team!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:13 PM
Tech Addict

Awesome. It got there fast! Canada isn't such a big place after all.

Give me a shout if you have any questions on the motor - good luck!
Old 04-12-2007, 07:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Will do thanks again Trent.
Old 04-14-2007, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Hey Trent thanks for the kind words. Your stuff is top notch keep up the good work! Glad to be on the Team.
Old 04-16-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trent pretty much picked up where i left off last summer season in 19 sedan
Qd 4th trying to learn my new tamiya on ashfault.

Finished first a main my time in the main was over 7 seconds faster then the tq pace, finished on my own lap in the main.

Thanks for the awsome komodo 19 turns.

Chris Morrison
Old 04-17-2007, 10:37 AM
Tech Addict

Right on dude. Glad to hear that the magic is still there with the T-car.

I started to set up my Cyclone's on Sunday, got a setup working for 19T, but I was pushing with mod power in there. Back to the drawing board for the second car.

Should be a good summer - looks like there's some new electric blood over here, which is great! Hopefully we can bring more guys over for the Speed Weekend.
Old 04-17-2007, 10:49 PM
Tech Addict

il be the first to say it

THE SITE LOOKS KICK @$$

kudos

and on another note i will send payment tomoro morning

matt
Old 04-17-2007, 10:51 PM
Tech Addict

Thumbs up T-Store is Open!

Ok guys. I finally got everything put together and uploaded..... seems to work!

Please stop by and take a look around the T-Store: www.t-bang.ca

Comments and feedback are welcome!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.