Search
Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2017, 03:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by arn671
Hey guys, Looking for a shorty hi speed servo from R1, KO or Xpert. Let me know if you have one for sale. Thanks-Alvin
I have an Xpert 3402
Old 10-28-2017, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

husky football game lets out around 4, so expect traffic !
Old 10-29-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Race Video of Mains at Magnuson RC Track
October 28, 2017 Presented by the Seattle RC Racers

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...OtDAXd_KwyHsw-

Enjoy!
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 28Oct2017 Race Report

Our core group of racers turned out on a Halloween party and Husky football traffic nightmare Saturday night and for their troubles enjoyed some vintage Magnuson indoor racing action. I guess 41 entries and eight heats is what passes for a light night for us, but it allowed us to clock in with a full three quals and a main, and with nearly everyone hanging around for tear down, we were out in 30 minutes. It was a fine night, overall.

Scale Spec: Mike Boyle set a new track record and then sat out the main, leaving Donny to roll away into the night with the win.

Novice: Ken was back, as was Ayden, a junior Cartwright. Ken will be good enough for Scale Spec pretty soon, and Ayden will have to bring out his brother to race with, or hope that Team Lence shows up for a showdown.

Stock 1/12th: Brian was back for the first time this season and immediately asserted himself with a TQ and win. I will say that Stock 1/12th has beefed up this season, and I'm seeing steady improvement out of a number of our newer drivers. Keep it up!

Modified Touring: The big field of the night. Jake and Andrew were in their own special place all night battling out front. Andrew TQ'd, but Jake flipped it around in the main to take the win. That's a the on points for both at 5 each. In the middle of the field, though, we had a massive scrum with six racers all on a 27 lap pace in qualifying. That group had a rager to settle out the down sheet places. It was intense for all of them. Our Mod TC field has been strong this season! It probably did not go unnoticed that a certain past national champion was watching from the sidelines with a spanking new TC looking nearly track ready. Maybe he shows up at the next race?

Formula One: McMullen came back strong for this round of racing, showing the way in the quals and taking the main with a breakaway drive. Russ and Hawley gave the fans a battle to watch in the main. I will say that Hawley has stepped it up lately and has a good looking car.

Stock Touring: Sam and Donny have been going at it in Stock TC this season, with Sam previously showing dominant speed. But Donny evidently had enough of the Forbes-style beat down and showed up with a fast car and a winning approach to take the TQ, by 3-thousandths! and the main win. But let's be clear, Sam was right there until the very end. I suspect this battle will continue in future outings.

Modified 1/12th: A small but fast threesome of Bodine, Stuart, and myself took on the 8 minutes of madness that is Mod 1/12th. Brian and I were on fast 49s at an 01 and 02 respectively, with Stuart not far off at an 07. That's as fast as any of us has ever run. In the main, I enjoyed a brilliant car and put in a patient steady drive, picked off Brian at about the one-third mark, and never looked back. The three of us now just have to break the 50-lap threshold to enter the rarefied realm that Harbke lives in. I think we can do it!

Next weekend is the Big Chill up in Chilliwack, BC. It's a great race hosted by Overgeared Racing, which members are long-time friends of this club. Many of us will be in attendance. If you're looking for a good three-day with competitive fields and a wallet-friendly exchange rate, this is the race to attend!

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Q1 28Oct2017.pdf (264.7 KB, 76 views)
Q2 28Oct2017.pdf (271.1 KB, 64 views)
Q3 28Oct2017.pdf (270.1 KB, 100 views)
Mains 28Oct2017.pdf (235.3 KB, 138 views)
Old 10-30-2017, 10:22 AM
Tech Master

I really need to make it out to a Saturday race. I miss racing on "Heaven on Earth".

New post is up for you clowns that read it.....
https://theracerunderground.blogspot...-clubbing.html
Old 10-30-2017, 10:56 AM
Tech Master

I would have been in that novice picture but Gary threatened me and made me wait in the corner.
Old 11-01-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

RACE NIGHT!!!
5pm Track Build
6pm Practice
7pm Q1
Rolled up, tucked away, and off for cheesy fries by 10:30.
Be there!!!!

Old 11-03-2017, 09:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 3 Results

We are taking a different approach to this week's race report. this week's report is brought to you by Jesse Anderson from The Racer Underground. Be sure to let him know what to think!

Ah, the Hangar…..

The O.G. home for Seattle RC shenanigans never seems to disappoint. With the tight and fun layout being a bi-weekly constant, great battles in each class seem to come naturally, and last night was no exception. A few fresh faces coupled with the usual suspects made for 6 solid heats and full Mains. A crisp program from top to bottom meant “lights out” just past 10PM and a solid bench racing session at the Broiler.

Toy car racing and cheesy fries – Name a more iconic duo….. I’ll wait.

Scale Spec:
Scale Spec was quite simply “The Donny Show” in qualifying, with Mike Boyle sitting in second and Gary Lewis slotted in third for the Main. From the sound of the tone, we were instantly reminded why we run races and do not crown qualifying positions. Mike Boyle ran into trouble in a first corner pileup, and just as Donny seemed in clear control of the race, he too pulled off with mechanical problems. The unexpected race of attrition concluded with Gary Lewis driving a solid 5 minutes to the top step of the box, with Kyle Bradshaw in second, and Jeff Johnson taking third.

Novice:
Let me just say that having a novice class on a Wednesday night is a great sign for the club. Typically you would expect to see newer racers on a Saturday race, but we were once again treated to a trio of novices battling it out all night. The ageless wonder Gary Bennett would TQ the night’s qualifying, but it would be Paul Nortness taking the win in the Main, with Gary second, and Fritz taking third. Well done, boys!

Stock Touring:
Stock Touring has so far touted “Regional Race talent on a Wednesday night” for each round so far this season, which seems to be par for the course with this club. While Jake and Donny would trade un-humanly possible fast laps in qualifying, it would be Jake taking pole position, with Donny and Alvin slotted in second and third. The Main was nearly the same, as Jake would prove to be too much for the field, taking a clean sweep of the night’s activities. Donny would drive to a solid second place, with Stuart redeeming himself from a dismal qualifying effort to land on the podium.

Stock 12th:
This was the class of the night in my book. With Brian Bodine and Tim Copp separated by a mere 2 seconds in qualifying, the Main was shaping up to be a classic – and they didn’t disappoint. The 8-minute Main would see north of 5 lead changes, and a three-car freight train for the top spot for nearly 4 minutes. As the race wore on, Brian began to stretch his lead as Tim and Stuart fought heavily for the second spot on the podium. As the tone sounded, “The Prodigy” edged out The elder Copp by a paltry 1 tenth of second. I will say that for all the intense battles that the 12th A main had, everyone drove extremely clean and composed. It was a treat to watch!
We’re off for a couple weeks until the 15th of November, when we do it all over again at Hangar 30. We are truly getting into the meat of the schedule, and the meat of the cold dark depression that is Seattle Fall/Winter. I couldn’t think of a better place to waste a cold, dreary weeknight, so come on out and race the rug with the cool kids!

Thanks again, Jesse! Race Results are attached and more data available on RC Scoring Pro
Old 11-04-2017, 08:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default NORA VTA/Scale Spec Enduro Nov 12th

Hey everyone... we are still taking signups for the VTA/Scale Spec Enduro for Sunday Nov 12th at NORA in Mt Vernon, WA. 4.5 hours of team racing. 3+ driver teams. $60 per team. We will race 90 minutes lights on. 90 minutes lights off. And 90 back on again. Cars will need to be equipped with headlights and tail lights for the 90 min with the lights off.

Seattle/NORA 25.5 Scale Spec rules will be in effect.

Doors will open at 8:30am. Q1 for seeding at 10:15. Racing at 11am.

Contact Jim Glasgow at [email protected] or Facebook @NORA OnRoad Racers.

We have some solid teams lined up.

Team Glasgow-Lewis

Team w/Trav, Donny, and Matt Atkinson

The Premier team w/Dave Erlich and company

Team Not Last

And a few others will be there. We could use a few more teams. Gonna be a blast.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 11-04-2017, 02:55 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Points are attached through 3 weeks!
As Todd has mentioned, 1st is 5pts, 2nd is 4pts, 3rd is 3pts etc...
There is a bonus point for being TQ and you must run the main to get your race points (Malkinson rule lol)
Attached Files
2017-2018series-Week3-CC.pdf (361.9 KB, 65 views)
2017-2018series-Week3-H30.pdf (383.0 KB, 49 views)
Old 11-10-2017, 12:02 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

put some jumps in. Carpet is all the rage in offroad, especially in the pacific northwest. Die hard is doing a race every 2 weeks with over a 100 entries.

Only other indoor track in Wa is Tacoma and if you been there you know the dirts a handful.

Having carpet offroad in Seattle proper would be epic. I am sure people have thought about and posted the idea here before, but I am seeing surge in carpet. That's all they have in Oregon.

Who knows may even get some offroad guys into carpet or vise versus.
Old 11-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

I think we prefer to keep our carpet rip free. Pins wear the carpet pretty bad. We tried it for a few weeks a couple years ago, then we were over it. Die hard is 20 mins north, easy to hit for everyone.
Old 11-11-2017, 01:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Could always run Banana Racing Skins foam tires...
Old 11-13-2017, 01:32 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

I wasn't talking pinz! I was talking slick tires. Diehard runs every other week. No week days. Double your entries. I'll build the jumps. use existing layouts same sauce as you guys and we will run slicks!

I'm from California and we had the same off-road onroad fued there. So I understand but it could be done. Bridge the gap between the 2 disciplines also Introduce them to the opposite crowd.

Just thought.

Not trying to ruffle feathers! Happy racing!

Last edited by Kozo4680; 11-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kozo4680
I wasn't talking pinz! I was talking slick tires. Diehard runs every other week. No week days. Double your entries. I'll build the jumps. use existing layouts same sauce as you guys and we will run slicks!

I'm from California and we had the same off-road onroad fued there. So I understand but it could be done. Bridge the gap between the 2 disciplines also Introduce them to the opposite crowd.

Just thought.

Not trying to ruffle feathers! Happy racing!
Up here in Canada we have an off-road ozite club and an onroad club. The on road club got maybe 1 carpet cut per season if that when running on our grey carpet that lasted at least 15 years. Our new black carpet is also cut free due to the dillegance of our members

At the off road track, all the carpet was used but in good condition.
On any given weekend there will be 3-10 new cuts in the carpet. And thats a good weekend. All it took was one driver with a loose screw and a damaged chassis protector to cut the carpet 8 times in one run.
Unfortunately due to the nature of off road racing. There cars are more prone to cut the carpet even with the measures of chassis protectors and shock guards.

So I don't think this is a matter of two groups not wanting to work together. It's more so that srcr wants to protect the investment of their carpet.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.