Like Tree369Likes

Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2017, 02:49 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Slapmaster6000
There were several track records Sat night. Great work by all!

The Mason's are boxing up and heading back to their newly remodeled home. I think it's been nearly a year, at least 9m, since framing hammers and Sawzalls removed the roof of their single story house to make room for an "upstairs". Pretty exciting time. And while we appreciate the dedication Todd brings to the program, we can afford to cut him some slack until he gets tucked back into his old address.

With just one more Wed Night Worlds at the infamous Hangar 30 left to attend on Mar 22nd....and just one last cherry on our sundae, a small little thing called ECC on Mar 25th... lets go out with a bang before the rug gets rolled for the summer.
Thank for letting us know , Yes I am very much an appreciate Todd hard work...I am in for wed and ECC as well
Old 03-14-2017, 03:25 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 10 Results

10 down, 1 to go, then a short break to replenish bank accounts and catch-up on honey do’s before asphalt season takes us through the end of Summer. It goes without saying we have an abundance of RC riches herein Seattle, be sure to carve-out time to volunteer and do your part to keep our various programs running and supported.

Formula 1 saw Mark Brown lap down a Q1 marker by resetting his track record and fast lap for the second race in a row. If any of you F1 guys think you have something for Mark, we’d love to see you down at the hangar next week. Mark took the win in the main, Bill Swadener 2nd, Dave McMullen 3rd.

Stock Touring was a battle all night between Jake Danilchik and Mike Boyle for TQ, with Bill Swadener and Alex Danilchik locked in their own fight for the last podium spot. Mike managed to get Jake by 1.5s in qualifying for TQ. In the Main, a small boo-boo about 2 minutes in which opened the door for Jake. It’s a little-known fact that one of the mods the Danilchik family has made to the mighty Awesomatix chassis is to widen the car, making it a big challenge for Mike to reclaim the lead. When time had elapsed, Mike had to settle for 2nd, 0.1s behind Jake, with Bill in 3rd.

Stock 1/12 was shall we say……interesting. Brian wanted to know what would happen if he gave his super-dialed motor to Stuart. The findings of his experiment were definitive: Stuart reset track records in each run, dropping 0.15s form fast lap and 1 second off the 49 lap record. To his credit, Bodine turned in performances which would have put his name in the record books on any other night. In the Main, Todd (also in top form throughout the night) finished 3rd, Brian 2nd and Stuart 1st.

Scale Spec saw Mark Brown and Chris Perry nose separated by 1.8s in qualifying, with Mark claiming TQ honors. Mark got away cleanly in the Main, while Chris found trouble twice and tumbled down the order. When time expired, Chris salvaged a 4th place, Willie Chung claimed a strong 3rd position, I took 2nd, and Mark walked home with the win and a smile.

Results, updated track records and season points are attached. See you next Wednesday and at the ECC for the finale!
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (40.6 KB, 326 views)
Round2.txt (41.6 KB, 37 views)
Round3.txt (29.0 KB, 263 views)
File Type: pdf
H30 Season Points.pdf (295.7 KB, 68 views)
H30 Track Records.pdf (323.5 KB, 76 views)
Old 03-14-2017, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The website is updated with track records.

www.seattlercracers.com

I have to dig out the results on Mod 1/12th to see whether Brian topped Korey. That was the wonky night with the software. But, everything else is current.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:12 AM
Tech Adept

Default Getting Ready for the Final Week

One thing that I have been missing from these year's season is 17.5 Touring Car. I ran MOD TC twice, (broke many parts), and Scale Spec Twice. So for the final two races and the outdoor season I am giving my 2016 R11 the 2017 face-lift.

And yes I do think better this way.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-2017-03-17-11.02.02.jpg  
Old 03-17-2017, 11:30 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

http://gripworksrc.com
Is donating Roche rapide p12 2016 to the ecc raffle
Can't wait for this race.

If anyone needs anything specific please feel free to order online and I can bring it with me. Otherwise I will have a few goodies with me.
Old 03-17-2017, 11:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Lence
One thing that I have been missing from these year's season is 17.5 Touring Car. I ran MOD TC twice, (broke many parts), and Scale Spec Twice. So for the final two races and the outdoor season I am giving my 2016 R11 the 2017 face-lift.

And yes I do think better this way.
Cleaner than my area...
Old 03-24-2017, 05:22 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Hangar 30, Round 11 Results

We wrapped another epic season at Hangar 30 with some laughs, a packed schedule with 35 entries and great racing. It was a night of firsts, including B-mains in both Stock Touring as well as Stock 1/12. Season points series cups were awarded in Stock Touring, Stock 1/12 and Scale spec, and the racing in all classes did not disappoint.

Travis Fisher made an impressive first effort in his return to the hobby, taking the Novice win over veteran racer Gary Bennett. Mark Brown continued his dominance in F1, with Adam Shelton 2nd and Scott Heywood 3rd.

In Stock Touring, Jeff Johnson won the B by 1.1 seconds over Ryan Lence. In the A, Top Qualifier Andrew Cartwright and Jake Danilchik traded the lead several times with Donny Banks lurking in the background, waiting for his time to pounce. Donny’s opportunity came about 2 minutes in when Andrew and Jake tangled, allowing him to slip in to the lead. While Jake and Andrew got close, they weren’t able to reel-in Donny, so the top 3 in the A were Donny, Jake and Andrew 1, 2 and 3. In the season points, Jake took 3rd, Jeff 2nd and Mike Boyle claimed top honors.

Stock 1/12 saw the usual battle between Todd, Stuart and Brian, but this final race added a mysterious figure known as The Stig into the mix. We don’t know much about The Stig, some say he was once bitten by a king cobra, and after 6 days of agonizing pain, the cobra died. All we know is his name, and that he managed a convincing 4th, Todd 3rd, Stuart 2nd and Brian 4th. In the points, Todd claimed 3rd, Stuart 2nd and Brian added the champions cup to his whiskey drinking options.

Scale Spec was only 8 cars, but packed with talent as Mike Boyle joined frequent winners Franko Roberts and Chris Perry, albeit while rocking an amazing flat-nosed 18-wheeler body he called the Maclan Truck. For those of you what didn’t see it, let’s just say it was about as aerodynamic as a barn. Franko took TQ honors, with Mike and Chris lining up behind. As is often the case in this class, the Main got off to a rough start – to in fact. The initial attempt was aborted in the first corner after a 10’ section of pipe transformed into a turnstyle and collected half the field. Red flag. Reset. The restart yielded incidents on lap 1 and 2, dropping the top 3 to the back of the pack and promoting me to the lead. I clinched my cheeks, tried not to allow any poo to sneak out and ran as fast as I could from the carnage. When the clock ran down, Adam Shelton claimed 3rd, Chris worked his way from 7th to 2nd, and I took the win. In the series points, Tim Cook took 3rd, I claimed 2nd and Chris Perry was crowned our Scale Spec champion.

Thanks again to everyone who raced, set-up, hung out, and generally contributed to making Hangar 30 a great place to race. Results and final series points are posted below. I hope to see you at the ECC tomorrow, SeaTac in April, or back at Hangar 30 next September!
Attached Files
Round1.txt (51.1 KB, 41 views)
Round2.txt (52.3 KB, 34 views)
Round3.txt (48.1 KB, 64 views)
H30 Season Points.pdf (310.1 KB, 73 views)
Old 03-24-2017, 09:13 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by bradshawkyle

Stock 1/12 saw the usual battle between Todd, Stuart and Brian, but this final race added a mysterious figure known as The Stig into the mix.
I was very proud of my two 9.8 second laps in 1/12 17.5 Made the whole season, first time every hitting 46 laps at H30. Maybe I should just focus on 1/12 scale? (Naaa, got to let the ADHD rule the day)
Old 03-28-2017, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Default Carpet fix

For those of you that haven't gotten enough carpet for the season
Overgeared racing up north still has 3 more races.
April 1st
April 8th
April 22

For anyone that is interested we have had a modified 12th class going
How ever there won't be enough cars for the April 8th race as three of us will be racing in Calgary
If not we'll see you some time on the black top.
Old 03-29-2017, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Signups for the "Sven" starts this Saturday at 8:00 am. Please contact me for the link if you have not got it already.
Old 03-29-2017, 10:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I seem to have lost my almost full roll of blue towels.

If you've found it, enjoy.
Old 03-29-2017, 12:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by R3VoLuTiOn
I seem to have lost my almost full roll of blue towels.

If you've found it, enjoy.
I used them to mop up your 12th scale

I attached my ARC stock setup if any of the locals are interested for next season. Thanks to Mike Boyle for filling it out.

I'm rebuilding my Awesomatix and will be posting it for sale. I also have a Hobbywing v3.1 and 4.5 motor. Shoot me a PM if your interested
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/Hangar 30-stock_2017_ecc.jpg  
Old 03-30-2017, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by A_Cartwright
I used them to mop up your 12th scale

I attached my ARC stock setup if any of the locals are interested for next season. Thanks to Mike Boyle for filling it out.

I'm rebuilding my Awesomatix and will be posting it for sale. I also have a Hobbywing v3.1 and 4.5 motor. Shoot me a PM if your interested
That rocks many thanks for sharing that setup. You car was a rocking.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2017/2018 Magnuson Schedule

Here's the schedule for the 2017/2018 Magnuson indoor season.

Note, the ECC will be two days next season. Saturday evening and all day Sunday. A true, two-day, travel-accommodated race! One hotel night for two days instead of two hotel nights for one day

Website is updated: https://seattlercracers.com/onroad-racing/

Saturday, September 30 (CC)
Wednesday, October 4 (H30)
Saturday, October 14 (CC)
Wednesday, October 18 (H30)
Saturday, October 28 (CC)
Wednesday, November 1 (H30)
Fri, Sat, Sun, November 3, 4, 5 Big Chill (Chilliwack, BC)
Saturday, November 18 (CC)
Wednesday, November 15 (H30)
Wednesday, November 29 (H30)
Saturday, December 2 (CC)
Wednesday, December 13 (H30)
Saturday, December 16 (CC)
Wednesday, December 27 (H30)

Fri, Sat, Sun, January 5, 6, 7 IROCC WCICS (Sydney, BC)
Wednesday, January 10 (H30)
Saturday, January 13 (CC)
Wednesday, January 24 (H30)
Saturday, January 27 (CC)
Saturday, February 10 (CC)
Wednesday, February 21 (H30)
Saturday, February 24 (CC)
Wednesday, March 7 (H30)
Saturday, March 10 (CC)
Wednesday, March 21 (H30)
Sat, Sun, March 24, 25 Emerald City Classic
R3VoLuTiOn and cementsurfer86 like this.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:15 PM
Tech Master

If anyone wants one last race on the rug, overgeared racing is having their season final on Saturday the 22nd up here in Canada.
Otherwise I will see you guys on the 29th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.