Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by Stealth_RT
I asked Andrew about the different colored belts. Evidently, they are different compounds, hence the different colors. Kinda like the green and blue center/front belts on the Street Weapon. I would guess that the rear belt is made to be stronger, while the front belt bends more easily to reduce drag.
Or they just are not the same length and it's just a matter of knowing easily which one is which.

Or both...
Old 10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Someone.... we need an applause emoticon for SpeediPHATT..... he speaketh the truth!!

The only reason I hardwire is because I've had everytype of R/C style connector come apart in a hard enough hit, and usually the corner worker would just sit the car down instead of checking my connectors to see if the battery was still plugged in.

Those golden, "euro style" connectors are the worst IMO. Over time they become weak and loose their ability to stick. In more than one instance, I've come off the track to find those connectors half in, half out, or just about to fall out completely.
But hey....that's just what I've experienced...your results may vary.

So I just hardwire, keep my stuff clean and I have no problems.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:06 PM
Tech Master

I'm sorry if this has been asked already but...are the batteries loaded into the car from below?
Old 10-15-2004, 03:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by JimMcClure
Pooky,
My film is getting developed. I thought they were gonna call security on me when I started picking it up and snapping pics. Lots of stuff is still secret I guess. When some questions were asked about outdrives and diffs and such all I got was a big smile.
007 Jim on the hunt for Pics! I bet they were a lil weird when the camera appeared. Glad you were able to escape!

Brant
Old 10-15-2004, 03:12 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by Keith Billanti
im sure they would physically go in the car,, but routing the pigtail may be an issue.... at one end you have a spinning diff and the other a layshaft...

Again, with the ideal that a pro level car is to be used with pro level equipment, fitting a stick pack most likely wasnt considered an essential feature for the already cramped quarters...

I could be wrong...

Perhaps Hodge could chime in here...
In Japan stick packs are the norm, pro level and every level in between. So whether stick packs fit or not was probably based on the most likely user not "level".
Old 10-15-2004, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by SpeediePHATT
You dont really loose any efficiency using connectors over hardwireing. That is just a myth. The difference is so minimal its insignificant to our application... If ya think Im wrong go do the tests. I did and the numbers werent even worth writting down.
Personally I have not done any tests, but to me it's insignificant.

I use plugs because I grew tired of having a to have a hot iron ready all the time. In my statement I was only trying to point out a way that using plugs could still be accomplished.

E
Old 10-15-2004, 03:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rod_b
I'm sorry if this has been asked already but...are the batteries loaded into the car from below?
The link on page 27 or 28 there's a photo of the bottm of Hodges car with the battery tray removed.
Old 10-15-2004, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by RKeasler
In Japan stick packs are the norm, pro level and every level in between.
Hmmmm....I bet Masami's competition at the World's in two weeks is hoping HE will be using stick packs!
Old 10-15-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally posted by RKeasler
In Japan stick packs are the norm, pro level and every level in between.
Man what planet are you talking about....the last time I saw a stick pack used at a Pro level event in Japan was for a set of tire warmers ... but really I have only seen stick packs used at a TCS race where the rules state you have to use them... other than that the "norm" in Japan in Bare cells..
-Dave
Old 10-15-2004, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

actually in japan stick packs are more common... i used to race with a guy a few years ago from japan.. he used to let me look at hios japan rc magizines... ( they read back to front.) anyway.. all i saw in it was stick packs.. why do u think when tamiya first made pro level cars they were in stick pqack form, with the option of saddle cells... now i think the side by side packs are getting to be more common there...
Old 10-15-2004, 03:55 PM
Tech Master

well, might as well add my comment, in the UK, most of the tracks (read 99.9%) of the tracks, you have to provide your own power source, so having a soldering iron on quite a bit of the race day would me one hell of a big 12V battery, so hard wiring in the UK is almost non-existant. I mean, most race meetings are held in the middle of nowhere.

In the US, a lot of the tracks do seem to have dedicated pit areas, with supplied mains level voltage, so you could have your temp controlled soldering iron sitting there all day and not to worry about your power source going flat.

I think, direct solder has some bennefits, like not losing a connector mid race (yes, as long as it is soldered correctly ), but then I do worry if you have a short, it is impossiblt to pull the connection apart. Whereas with connectors, if there is a problem, the cells are easily disconnected, but you do run a slightly higher risk of losing a connector mid race.

The fact the the JRXS means that you DO have to hard wire, or make a right dogs dinner of the wiring to run connectors is a genuine concern for a lot of racers, so it isn't something to be belitlled, remember, for this car to be a financial seuccess, it will eventual have to transcend all levels of racing. If the cell issue is real, then it might hit a problem with its mass market, the average joe racer at the club.

So, guys, take your girlies handbags back to their rightfull owners, and have constructive comments, I think we done the cell thing to death now don't you??

I am more interested in the way the anti-roll bar (sway bar) mounts personally.
Old 10-15-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

attached are links tobetter pics.. if u have not seen them

http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showphot...&cat=518&page=

http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showphot...cat=500&page=2

http://photos.hobbytalk.com/showphot...cat=500&page=2

i dont understand hw u wont be able to use connectors.. just solder them to the battery bars.. itis the same as hard wiring a regular wire to it...

and connectors do have a greater difference in performance then most people think..... though it may not be able to be felt on the track, on the turbo it is a diference..... in order to feel something like that your car would have to be perfect.. same as higher voltage packs.. you wont feel it if the car doesnt let you..
Old 10-15-2004, 05:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default The car looks sweet and I think everyone should...

buy one. Is that better?

I was just asking a question EricF. I was not bad mouthing the car because it had two diffent colored belts. I just wanted to know the engineering reason. That's all. Does it really matter to you what I think of the new car? I feel special. I think there are many nice features on the car, but I just don't think it's for me.

Last edited by Nightbreed; 10-15-2004 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 05:56 PM
Tech Adept

Well I contacted my lhs and preordered mine.
As for wiring.....I normally use corally type connectors, so I might do the hardwire thing or just go with deans (no biggie). Got bout 2mo. to think about it.
Anybody hear what the internal ratio is going to be?

Last edited by dasupacat; 10-15-2004 at 06:45 PM.
Old 10-15-2004, 06:48 PM
Tech Adept

that car looks sweet.. i want one!.. anyone got more pics from the show?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.