Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Team Losi JRXS

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2005, 02:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Whoever was asking about the price has to take the one way and spool into consideration too.

Last edited by L.Fairtrace; 01-04-2005 at 02:12 PM.
Old 01-04-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I just heard the car wont be out in time for snowbirds.. Shotting for some time before the carpet Nats....

the wait is still on....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by John Q
I just heard the car wont be out in time for snowbirds.. Shotting for some time before the carpet Nats....

the wait is still on....
To correct someone, the last OFFICIAL RELEASE TIME was end of january to mid feburary... Thought i would clean that up a bit.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The hobby shop I ordered through is getting their first shipment during the last week of January. They are getting approximtely a dozen kits in that first shipment, all of which were spoken for months ago. I would imagine that anyone who isn't high on the list at their local hobby shop isn't going to get one anytime close to the release date. Even then, that particular hobby shop would need to be high on the pre-ordered list (of hobby shops) with Horizon.
Old 01-04-2005, 07:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The carpet nats are in March 17-20...

The thing thats sucks is we get no info from any of the Guys from Losi on here, We know they read the thred. Someone from Losi should like Hodge should come on here and give us some info..

I'm not going to goto the snowbirds with the xxxs when all the Factory Guys will be runnin the new car. how can they give me setup help and so forth if there not running the same car I am..

Just my 2 cents
Old 01-04-2005, 07:45 PM
Tech Adept

well, even if they are running the Jrx-s, they can help you with your xxx-s as they know the car really well..
Old 01-04-2005, 07:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The xxxs has been run at Snowbirds in years past. The setup sheets are on teamlosi.com.
Old 01-04-2005, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

If I don't have my JRX-S by the 'Birds I will not be scared to run my XXX-S G+!!!!!!

It hasn't let me down yet!

I am sure if you tell Francis, Kinwald, Hodge or any of the other Losi guys what your car is doing and what you are looking for they CAN and WILL get you set-up.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:11 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally posted by John Q
The carpet nats are in March 17-20...

The thing thats sucks is we get no info from any of the Guys from Losi on here, We know they read the thred. Someone from Losi should like Hodge should come on here and give us some info..

I'm not going to goto the snowbirds with the xxxs when all the Factory Guys will be runnin the new car. how can they give me setup help and so forth if there not running the same car I am..

Just my 2 cents
simple solution- Dont go to the snowbirds relying on somebody else to set-up your car. Do it yourself.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:13 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally posted by wcoyote
Checking on Team Losi's site it says center spool and one way options. Just thought I would update that.
This reminds me of a question I had when I first saw the info on Losi's website.

Now I know what a "center one way" is, and I know what a "front spool" is, but what the heck is a "center spool"??? Since a spool is basically a solid diff, wouldn't a "center spool" be just a regular old solid center shaft, or am I think of that wrong?

Pricing

I have to agree with some here. I do think the price is a bit high. Not just on this car, but on any TC thats $300+! I normally don't even consider a car that ranges above the $300 mark. Thats why I found myself no longer running Corally cars and not even considering Tamiya's cars. I just don't think the cars are worth it, not when there are so many good options out there around the $280 mark that are just as good. But...since I had a $100 gift certificate to one of my local shops, I decided to give my first $300+ car a try.

Last edited by Darkseid; 01-05-2005 at 06:22 AM.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Well since my YZ10 had the center shaft as well, all I can figure is based off of it.

The YZ had a piece that fit inside the spur gear that you could switch out. Since the spur was directly attached to the center shaft, all you needed was either the piece that had the one-way bearings in it, or the piece that was basically a solid bar to have the spool/locked center diff effect. The thing was, that you still had the option of running the diff up front with standard diff action or spool pads.

So you could run full time 4WD with a functional front diff action or a locked/locked setup. Also you can run a one-way center and front diff, or one-way and a spooled/locked front diff. Gives you more choices than just a simple one-way diff would.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:49 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Hmmm......interesting.

I always liked the idea of a center one way/front diff combo. I used it all the time when I ran my Corally's back in the day. Not as effective as a one-way diff, but also not as unforgiving on 'not so perfect' asphault. Also less prone to breakage.
Old 01-05-2005, 06:58 AM
Tech Regular

I've never tried a one-way/locked setup even in off road so I wonder how that might be. Usually I'd do the one-way/diff or the locked/diff front. Could be something to experiment with. To my knowledge the big difference is that with the center one-way/front diff combo you have better cornering ability than just a one-way diff (less understeer). Just wonder if it would be the same in TC.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Thumbs up

this ride really looks interesting. would be good to see what club level racers think of it once they get hold of it. although knowing losi, it should be an awesome race car!
Old 01-06-2005, 11:11 PM
Tech Master

It has to be one of the most balanced looking cars i have seen so far. In Losi style at that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.