Like Tree13Likes

RCLAB 7even Cars.

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2016, 08:29 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KREATOR1
where do you buy parts for this kit?
I've got quite a lot of spares, some I've listed on ebay as I've got too many! What do you need
Old 12-01-2016, 04:35 AM
Tech Adept

Does anyone need any parts? Got lots just let me know if so
Old 01-17-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by chrisimp
Also my ex team car for sale!
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282329012550
Old 03-21-2017, 11:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I just bought some parts from chrisimp via ebay and he was quick and efficient to deal with
I'm surprised that these cars didn't get more love, they are really nicely made

Has the RCLab company turned into another company or been bought by another, or did it just disappear?
Old 09-06-2018, 08:06 AM
Tech Adept

Default guess who's back!!

yep still here. down to my main old 7.6 other chassis gone and swapped out the drift settings back to tourer to do some more club racing this year for the fun of it! come on labbers anyone else still out there, let's see some pics.

also still interested in any parts people want to off load etc.

Old 09-06-2018, 10:51 AM
Tech Addict

yep still here. down to my main old 7.6 other chassis gone and swapped out the drift settings back to tourer to do some more club racing this year for the fun of it! come on labbers anyone else still out there, let's see some pics.

also still interested in any parts people want to off load etc.

What parts do you need I have everything except alloy diff halves?
Ive got 7.6 7.7 and GT3 stuff
Old 09-06-2018, 11:18 AM
Tech Adept

anything really, just keen on keeping it running and building up good stock.

if I could get hold of the belts needed for the 17/37 pulley setup that would be great as I have no spares and these are getting worn now (got spares for the other size which I don't run)

also if I could get front and rear bulkheads for the 7.6 I would be able to make up another car with the parts I have.

otherwise yep anything.... oh! would you happen to have any of the alloy outdrives for the spool setup? stupidly sold mine

Old 09-06-2018, 11:24 AM
Tech Addict

I know I had a spool and I'm sure I have all the pulleys and belts for both sizes they did.

I probably have the bulkheads for the 7.6. I think I have blue from the Evo and the normal silver.
I will have a look at the stuff at the weekend and take some pics but I know I have tons
chrisimp likes this.
Old 09-06-2018, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

WoW.. it’s been so many moons gone by... still going.
RClab had been dissolved many years ago. Now a new RClab HK started. Not the same owner, it’s totally a new company starting small.

As for parts for the 5.2TTT to 7 series, I may have some new parts packed away. Once I find them I’ll try to post some pics or let me know if you have FB messenger so I’ll send pictures that way.

Cheers!!
Old 08-09-2019, 12:38 AM
Tech Adept

I know there's no real interest anymore but I'll still update this. this year there's a big indoor carpet event happening with different classes. I've entered 17.5 spec class and will run my bsr bt4 and my Rclab gt3 which I've started to get ready.

Last time I used it in 13.5 I went too far with modern power on boosted and ripped the front apart destroying the ultra rare front solid diff and snapped a universal so got to work with modifying the outdrives ready to add plastic c parts and fitted a new driveshaft cleaned all bearings and're shimmed everything nice and right! next will be centre and rear clean and shim.

Lonestar and syntex1 like this.
Old 08-12-2019, 05:15 AM
Tech Adept

I'm under no illusion even in 17.5 blinky class at the MICC events coming up starting November I'm up against mega competitive racers many who are better than myself so what better way than to challenge with what is a vintage tourer?! 😮🤪 giving the old girl best possible chances whipped out a load of new in pack parts and got busy building a new diff up and belts, these cars have always ran smooth and free but this is on another level now! need to finish up the rear axles bearings and full shock rebuild yet but it's looking great. back in the day these cars could hang with the old tc3 in 27t and those things paved the way for most modern tourer suspension and steering geometry (minus all the low c&g stuff going on with shocks, I'll just turn these upside down aka rc10 buggy era to shift the weight ) so I'm clinging on to that fact to convince me it'll do well. Christ as long as I can get it to carry speed through the corners then I'll be ok, just don't crash!

Rick Vessell and Dan the Man like this.
Old 08-13-2019, 12:26 AM
Tech Adept

last night I whipped out a pair of brand new universals and got to work on the rear end, all shimmed out nice and right no wobbles here. (those odd coloured shock tops do annoy me lol. I feel a new built set of blue threaded shocks coming soon from the 7.7lab version!

BuggyFan21 likes this.
Old 08-28-2019, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

been a few weeks since I worked on the rclab but tonight I started with the electronics, yeah racing hacktronic esc and savox servo in place, small electrics these days make it so much easier!

Lonestar and BuggyFan21 like this.
Old 09-17-2019, 03:15 PM
Tech Adept

a little while ago we investigated what diffs might fit from other cars, main want was for a gear diff due to modern brushless power , finally I think I could have located a possible candidate!

a gear diff from a tamiya ta04 it's the same 32t pulley and roughly the same overall size so went about checking it out....

the diff!!

not sure how well the oil is going to stay in it, no seal?! started with 4k

also didnt fancy pulling apart my main car ive been meticulously setting up ready to race so found a part chassis to check fittment inside the bulkhead.

well it fits in and rotates nice and freely, only issue is alot of side play so have ordered a few schumacher diff shims to space it out.

to see how much shimming would be needed I gradually slipped out the left bearing from the plastic housing to see how much needed to move, not that much to be fair so shims should work out, ill leave the diff sitting still to see if the oil makes a run for it while waiting for the shims and hopefully build it up in the main chassis!
Old 10-02-2019, 06:52 AM
Tech Adept

well I've ran the car with the diff and it worked really well. my concerns with oil escaping did come to light though l, while in use some could be seen trying to escape and by the third use the backend felt looser even though grip levels on track had increased so will need to revisit with heavier oils. 7k next as it felt slightly better looser helping mid corner rotation just want to see if I can keep it consistent and inside the diff! maybe use some sort of semi perm sealant made for real cars?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.