Wiki Posts
Search

Yokomo MR4TC-BD

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JayBee
Better yet go with TC4 bones and EXCEL Delrin diffs

Jaybee, or anybody else that has done the TC4 bones on the BD. Did ya'll have problems with the head of the cvd bone making a tight fit in the diff half? Mine aren't fitting in there, and was wondering if I should break out the dremel.

btw: I've already resized the pins to fit in the slots.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:53 AM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RED-LINE M03
It appears the Yokomo is selling there YS-1SSS-7 Low Friction Shocks that come on there SD and BD touring cars separately from the kit. They will retail for $30 a set of 4 with bladders included according to Xtreme RC.

I just wanted to ask the YOKOMO Drivers about the quality of the shocks and would you compare them to the Tamiya TRF shocks?

Thanks,
E
Probably more like 30 dollars a pair
Old 10-20-2005, 04:56 AM
Tech Regular

the tir cvds are absoultley excellent, used them for ages so far with no wear what so ever, they are also extremely strong. ive broken 2 steel spools, 1 aluminium spool and 1 plastic spool with them in and there has been no damage to them at all. i wont use any other driveshafts apart from these.

you can get them direct from tir at www.titaniumracing.com or you can get them from www.microtechracing.com who ship all around the world

hope this helps you!
agower
Old 10-20-2005, 05:42 AM
Regional Moderator

I think there's misunderstanding for this the dogbone, universal and cvd meaning thing. Dogbone is usually found on a standard (not hopped up) GP car. While universal and CVD is most likely found on all EP cars these days because I've never seen any EP car still using dogbones.

Yes a universal driveshaft and CVDs are definitely better than dogbones, mostly notice on EP cars where every grams count. Dogbone on GP cars are usually made of steel and use for it's durability.
Old 10-20-2005, 05:48 AM
Regional Moderator

Originally Posted by agower
the tir cvds are absoultley excellent, used them for ages so far with no wear what so ever, they are also extremely strong.
Anyone has experience with Rayspeed CVDs? Thanks
Old 10-20-2005, 06:09 AM
Tech Elite

i guess you haven't been around to many taimya cars, dogbones up the you know what,,,

if your using the tc4 bones they will not fit into the plastic yokomo diff halfs or one way outdrive cups, you must use the tc4 one way out drive cups for a one way, but that had to do with pin size.

now with that being said, jaybee, did buy a set of tc4 bones, and they went right in the yok outdrives, mine didn't, the little ball on the end was to big. so i don't know know what to tell you.

pro 4 outdrives will work on the bd, however, they are not a direct fit and you need to "make them fit". to much work for me and i gave mine to jaybee. he knows how to make them fit, but prefers the excell ones cause of the direct fit.

oh one more thing, if using the tc4 bones, you will need to dremel out a little material from the steering knuckle where the wide apart of the shaft fits,
Old 10-20-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daniz24
Anyone has experience with Rayspeed CVDs? Thanks
They're just MIP CVD's so they should be good.
Old 10-20-2005, 11:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Matt Howard
Alex get that chassis yet?
Old 10-20-2005, 11:20 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Matt Howard

Are you sure? The TC4/Pro4 MIP axles are too long and don't fit the Yokomo setup. Rayspeed axles fit fine with TC4 bones.

The Rayspeed CVD's are too short to use with a diff or spool. They come with shims for a one-way to move the cups outwards. I haven't tried them on the rear.
Old 10-20-2005, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by agower
are you saying that they wil be faster with universals?
the tir cvds (with dogbones) ive got weigh 4 grams each, the yokomo hardened universals (the silver steel ones) weigh 9 grams each. surely that wil make more of a differnce than the way they are joined together?
Originally Posted by ChadCapece
How is the power more direct with a universal? If the cvd has no slop and a universal has no slop, then they both will be direct. If anything, the universal should be slower b/c the center of inertia is larger and the unit weighs twice as much as a cvd. Force=mass x acceleration
The driveshaft system that come out of your BD box is already universal one.
Dogbone + axle + pin + coupling = universal. MIP CVD also universal, only different in dogbone & axle part design.
Yes they have no slop anymore and every grams in drivetrain system will count to your car's speed.
I agree Yokomo hardened universals is heavy and don't make any benefit for your car (except it's durability) and this type is one-piece universals.

What I mean dogbone in this quote is REAL dogbone with same shape at both ends that is not connected to the axle by pin & coupling. Usually found on older car/very standard one.
Hope this help clear the misunderstanding.
Old 10-20-2005, 10:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ChadCapece
Are you sure? The TC4/Pro4 MIP axles are too long and don't fit the Yokomo setup. Rayspeed axles fit fine with TC4 bones.

The Rayspeed CVD's are too short to use with a diff or spool. They come with shims for a one-way to move the cups outwards. I haven't tried them on the rear.
in the past, (don't know how long ago) mip made cvds for the older yok belt car. when using these cvds (complete unit) you have to shave the wheel hex to get it not bind up when you tighen the wheel nut, the rayspeed cvds have this same problem, in my opinion, the rayspeed uses the mip axle with a different bone.

when using the tc4 bone you couple it to a mip axle made for the older yokomo, not the tc4 or pro 4.

also the yok hardened universal, is the only true universal, it looks like a "u joint" from a real car. the others are constant velocity drive. or cvd there is more then one design of cvd and mip/rayspeed, is considered the best. not sure why. hope this helps
Old 10-21-2005, 04:27 AM
Tech Regular

I ran my BD with a carpet chassis last night (on carpet and foams); all I can say is wow. The car was better every where on the track. More corner speed and way more consistent between corners. The stock chassis works but a carpet chassis works better.
Old 10-21-2005, 08:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
Alex get that chassis yet?
It was shipped today, and by the way parts arrived as promised by Yokomo.
Old 10-21-2005, 04:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I got a thicker chassis/topdeck on the way, can't wait to try it out
Old 10-22-2005, 10:37 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

I have an older MR4TC that I am trying to order parts for.

What is the best place to order parts? I need the following

aluminum motor mount
rear diff (full)
front pulley
gear adapter
center shaft

Basically I need the following bags from the original kit
bag 2,3 and 4

Any help would be great

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.