Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

Kyosho VoneR Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2004, 06:03 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by EiKuD
can you or rather do you think it's possible to run rear rigid axle on a technical tight track.....i am running a rear rigid on a speed track and it is very very GOOD, but i have never try it on technical tight track.
we used to run rear solid axle on a VERY technical and medium track and it is very good. downside is fast tire wear in the rear.
Old 01-17-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Regular

wow that sounds new to me.....i used to think that rigid axle don't work on technical track.... ok i will try it out. yeah by the way, i am using front one-way also...so you sure this combo can be used on technical cum tight track huh...
Old 01-17-2004, 09:26 PM
dtm
Tech Champion

wow that sounds new to me.....i used to think that rigid axle don't work on technical track.... ok i will try it out. yeah by the way, i am using front one-way also...so you sure this combo can be used on technical cum tight track huh...
Its all in the throttle finger....if you can not run it it is driver problem.....not car!!
Old 01-17-2004, 10:10 PM
Tech Champion

a Lola body shell works best with this combo but you need to do thing you dare not to do with a rear diff. i.e. you need more throttle time and drive it like you steal it !!
Old 01-17-2004, 11:42 PM
Tech Regular

ok...thanks....
Old 01-18-2004, 04:26 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Bong

<SNIP>

. . . if i use rubber tires, can i still use these or do i have to change the pulleys to make it run 1:1.

by the way, am running front diffs. any help/info will be greatly appreciated. thanks guys .
You'll need to use the 1:1 ratio for rubbers.
Use the 27T front pulley.
Old 01-18-2004, 04:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by carkillaii
I have the rr but i want to run the 0.8 gears
should i use the gears from the fw05 or the evo
and can someone tell me the pros and cons of both
what will be better for me to run
Use the gears for the EVO.
The 0.8M gears are supposedly more efficient but I must say it's difficult to notice the difference. You need to be rather more exacting in setting the gear mesh, also. It might be my imagination, but it seems to me they wear more quickly.
Old 01-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Holy smokes!!

Old 01-18-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

Ok, who makes it and were can we buy it at?
Old 01-18-2004, 08:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by drfritz
Ok, who makes it and were can we buy it at?
As best I can work out it is a one off custom made item by a French guy. My French is pretty rusty
Old 01-18-2004, 08:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

what is the best gear to use for a high speed tight course? i used 16/22 pinion and 44/48 on the track but the straight is so long that my car shifts to second gear 1/3rd of the stretch... just wanted to add more power on my 2nd gear. hope anyone can help out... i use an rb x12 turbo with rd logics in-line pipe and it gives a huge push its just my gearing that is kinda short. and does the kfactory low friction belt really work?
Old 01-18-2004, 10:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Tried fitting the Low Height engine mounts for the FW-05R today and found out it doesn't work. The clutch bell hits the chassis. I would have to mill out a recess in the chassis for it to work. Just a heads up incase anyone else decides to try this. Luckily this wasn't a waste of money since I still have the FW-05 to use the engine mounts on.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by AMGRacer
As best I can work out it is a one off custom made item by a French guy. My French is pretty rusty
BUMMER I'm sure k factory will make a new top deck that will work with tank.
Old 01-18-2004, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Racing4Evo
Tried fitting the Low Height engine mounts for the FW-05R today and found out it doesn't work. The clutch bell hits the chassis. I would have to mill out a recess in the chassis for it to work. Just a heads up incase anyone else decides to try this. Luckily this wasn't a waste of money since I still have the FW-05 to use the engine mounts on.
This is normal and has been mentioned by several of the posters on here. You can use the 5 star bell which misses the chassis, or you can dremel a small relief into the chassis. I did this over 2 years ago and it works fine. If you look at the Mugen MTX3 the chassis comes with this relief in it from the factory. (Or mayby this is on the Kawahara chassis I forget).
Old 01-18-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by rbboy
what is the best gear to use for a high speed tight course? i used 16/22 pinion and 44/48 on the track but the straight is so long that my car shifts to second gear 1/3rd of the stretch... just wanted to add more power on my 2nd gear. hope anyone can help out... i use an rb x12 turbo with rd logics in-line pipe and it gives a huge push its just my gearing that is kinda short. and does the kfactory low friction belt really work?
Yes the K Factory belt does free up your drivetrain.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.