Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Novak GT7

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2002, 05:59 PM
Tech Initiate

We have it at our store for more than a week already.
packaging sucks though ugly yellow box.
Old 09-05-2002, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

for those who has tried the new esc, please post more info thanks. i'm considering in getting one
Old 09-05-2002, 12:12 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally posted by ruf
What's scary is that my dealer cost for an American product is within dollars of the street price in HK. Plus I have no availability on the thing aside preorders.
ruf: actually the asia region especially those that source out their stocks thru japan get their "US made" stuff quite quickly -- sometimes even faster than the US market. strange i know, even the TC2/C2 came out sooner here than there in Houston ... Alfred & Abit Cruz were actually asking back then if they could get a couple thru me here in Manila. plus they do sometimes cost a tad cheaper.

Last edited by ROBORAT; 09-05-2002 at 12:32 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 04:57 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by OSherman
kinda wierd that a "made in america" product is first sighted overseas.
Not really, the original TC3 was available in Hong Kong a few weeks before people reported buying it in the States....I guess planes are quicker than trains for delivery!!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 04:59 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by spongebob
Is the case srewed together or did they get cheap and make it a Lego Block that pops open on impact.
They use the Lego blocks....but it looks tougher than your average LRP Lego!!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:01 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Super38
We have it at our store for more than a week already.
packaging sucks though ugly yellow box.
I would agree...the yellow looks crap....same goes for the sticker on the ESC!!!!
Old 09-05-2002, 06:47 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Theres been a couple guys come on and say they have it, but nobody has come back to comment on performance.

Is the speedo eating them alive or something!
Old 09-05-2002, 09:31 AM
dtm
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Darkseid
Theres been a couple guys come on and say they have it, but nobody has come back to comment on performance.

Is the speedo eating them alive or something!
Sorry, I run on Saturdays...so I'll let you know after that!!
Old 09-05-2002, 05:11 PM
Tech Master

My LHS just got 1 in today, I didn't buy it though, I already have 3 really good esc's. It isn't the translucent orange, normal Novak orange.
Old 09-05-2002, 07:36 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Todd Hodge posted on Trinity's page that they were having a problem with the translucent case and how it was not working out correctly when they pulled it from the mold, or something like that.
Old 09-05-2002, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

sorry, not the ESC, but any word on their module for the M8??? The one that's in BK's radio. . .boy would that be nice!
Old 09-05-2002, 10:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)

Boomer: I haven't seen that yet. What's so special about his module?
Old 09-06-2002, 12:12 AM
CL
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)

The Novak module for the M8 does not use any crystal.
Old 09-06-2002, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

My GT-7 just arrived last night, and I went about installing it in my TC3. First of all there's is a sticker on the box that says the translucent orange was replaced with the original orange case, for whatever reason I dont know, but the traditional color is fine with me as long as it doesnt melt. Instead of 256 steps, with the cyclones, this GT-7 has 1300 steps!!!
The case is snapped together at all 4 corners, it should hold up rather well. The cap, and switch can be mounted on either side by simply sliding them on the case sides, you must make sure you push them on all the way or they will stop where the case seams are. They do hang down about 1mm past the bottom, but any double sided tape will make up the difference. The wires are 13-14 guage (no markings except, Novak) and are pre-installed!!!! and the cap is soldered on too!!!!! But can be replaced at any time. Set up is far different from my cyclones, in that in the radio set up sections, you must hold down the set up button first, then turn on the esc switch. To do the actual programming you turn on the esc then hit the set up button last. There are 7 profiles which will meet almost all needs, but #7 can be changed, and initial braking can be adjusted from 20% on up on all profiles.
After I managed to squeeze it on the chassis, I played with some set-ups and it seems silky smooth, I'll know more when I can go out to play with it.
But ..........Honestly, I wouldnt sell off your cyclones to run out to get a GT-7, unless your like me and have to try everything new out. I still love my cyclones, and atom (I have 4+ pit wizzard) and dont plan on replacing the rest anytime soon. I see this speedo being targeted more towards people who dont have a pit wizzard, or Millenium Pro, but want a high end programmable speedo from Novak. I really think the pit wizzard is alot easier to use, and quicker to make changes to the profiles. Trust me, no one will be able to remember how to program #7 profile without the instruction card, there are too many blinking lights, and sequences to go through. But for the money the GT-7 should give the $200 Keyence a run for its money!
Old 09-07-2002, 09:55 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm glad they went with the solid orange case. I thought the clear case looked a little cheap anyways. Boy I can't wait to give it a try.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.