Like Tree4Likes

Tamiya TRF416 / TRF416WE / TRF416X

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2009, 04:51 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CarKing
I have a question for you guys:

When you are running lipo batteries with this car, and you have to add weight to get to XXXXg for race limits, where do you typically put the weight? Some people rung a strip down the center of the chassis, some on top of the battery, and some on the outside of the battery. Has anyone found the best way to do this or is it more of a feel type thing? I feel like now I am over thinking it.

Randy....in case you don't know who this is...e-mail me when you get your order
There can only be one CarKing, lol. I'm gonna be experimenting with weight on this car during my build, I'll let you know what I end up with, I'm going to come out to the Tamiya track on the 7'th and we can do some testing then if you can make it.
Old 01-22-2009, 05:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Randy Caster
Since everyone is showing off pics of their 416/WC's. I finally have a pic of my WC to show off.

...back to work

ROOKIE!!!!
Old 01-22-2009, 06:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by STLNLST
ROOKIE!!!!
and slow
Old 01-22-2009, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by TryHard
Yup, that's all i've done, added a 1mm shim behind each ball joint. It's more so the lower spring retainer clears the arm than anything else

HiH
Ed
Cool, Thanks
Old 01-22-2009, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Grizzbob
Ok, I guess I can add mine to the mix, though I don't have any off-body pics since I added a Novak Sentry to it...
Thats ok man.. Thats a Bad Ass paint job!
Old 01-22-2009, 11:42 PM
TFR
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Since everyone is showing off pics of their 416/WC's. I finally have a pic of my WC to show off.

...back to work
What blue screws did you use for the Orion ESC fan?
Old 01-23-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Elite

I just got my 416 WE today, at the moment just finished 'CA'ing the carbon fiber parts edges as per the instruction. I m a bit disappointed by the cutting quality of the carbon fiber parts its not smooth as my TA05MS that I have just recently finished assembling. Anyhow I just to ask whether to CA the upper carbon deck edges or not, the instruction doesn't say so. What difference does it make if I CA it or not? Also if you guys have any tips on building it pls advice me, before I go further.

Thanks!
Old 01-23-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Champion

So, just out of interest, how much quicker is a 416/we against a trf415msxx typically on a fast lap?

As much as I like the 416, I still think I will have to stay with my msxx, i'm just curious to hear peoples opinions.....
Old 01-23-2009, 08:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
So, just out of interest, how much quicker is a 416/we against a trf415msxx typically on a fast lap?

As much as I like the 416, I still think I will have to stay with my msxx, i'm just curious to hear peoples opinions.....
You might get a bunch of biased opinions but from what I've seen with the original 416 and the 415MSXX the msxx was faster. Some will say that these guys didn't have the right set up on but these guys know how to set up a car and I watched them take a few steps back. I don't know if the suttle changes made to the WE will solve the problems at the "CLUB LEVEL" I've seen but what doesn't work out here might TQ out your way. If you can get a true comparison from a non team driver that has done back to back testing then you'll get your answer. I've watched the local Tamiya hot shot do this sort of test after running just the 416 when it first came out then pulling his 415 out. Needless to say he's running the msxx now and the 416 became his parts car. This is just what I've seen in the Norcal area. Others may disagree but this is what these public forums are for.... I hope you find your answer.
Old 01-23-2009, 08:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by STLNLST
You might get a bunch of biased opinions but from what I've seen with the original 416 and the 415MSXX the msxx was faster. Some will say that these guys didn't have the right set up on but these guys know how to set up a car and I watched them take a few steps back. I don't know if the suttle changes made to the WE will solve the problems at the "CLUB LEVEL" I've seen but what doesn't work out here might TQ out your way. If you can get a true comparison from a non team driver that has done back to back testing then you'll get your answer. I've watched the local Tamiya hot shot do this sort of test after running just the 416 when it first came out then pulling his 415 out. Needless to say he's running the msxx now and the 416 became his parts car. This is just what I've seen in the Norcal area. Others may disagree but this is what these public forums are for.... I hope you find your answer.
Thanks for the answer, i've raced for about 15 years in total now, so I can pull a fairly consistant lap, I just wondered at an experienced level with little or no incidents how much of an advantage the car has potential for an advantage.

seeing the changes on the car being made from the last 415 to the 416 and how faster the car can get is very interesting for me
Old 01-23-2009, 09:10 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dameetz
I just got my 416 WE today, at the moment just finished 'CA'ing the carbon fiber parts edges as per the instruction. I m a bit disappointed by the cutting quality of the carbon fiber parts its not smooth as my TA05MS that I have just recently finished assembling. Anyhow I just to ask whether to CA the upper carbon deck edges or not, the instruction doesn't say so. What difference does it make if I CA it or not? Also if you guys have any tips on building it pls advice me, before I go further.

Thanks!
Glueing the edges on the chassis is a good idea ,., but I think it will alter the ridgidity of the piece . I didnt glue my edges on the upper deck either .
Old 01-23-2009, 10:03 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TFR
What blue screws did you use for the Orion ESC fan?
If you've heard of Marc Rheinard using a blue sharpee to add some color to his parts, my roommate Josh Numan is the person who came up with the idea
Old 01-23-2009, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

If you've heard of Marc Rheinard using a blue sharpee to add some color to his parts, my roommate Josh Numan is the person who came up with the idea
LOL I've used a black Sharpie to cover up tool marks and scratches for some time now. Well... now I just replace the screws. I thing GS has screws almost any color... and in aluminum.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:21 AM
Tech Addict

Anybody know if fastener express sells screws in Tamiya blue?
Old 01-23-2009, 11:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Adam?
Anybody know if fastener express sells screws in Tamiya blue?
They are blue, but not quite Tamiya Blue. Kinda matte and not particularly shiny

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.