Like Tree387Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 01:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
I hate pre-cut bodies myself as a painter
My painter hates the precut bodies I've sent him!

I'll be getting my first J-C bodies back from my painter soon - 250 and Finisher for B4.1 and am excited to try these out. I like the design of the Ford and Chevy SC Bodies. I'd like to see a Toyota or Nissan.

My dream would be a Toyota FJ Cruiser body for Short Course!!!
Old 04-18-2013, 02:00 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Grandturk

I'll be getting my first J-C bodies back from my painter soon - 250 and Finisher for B4.1 and am excited to try these out. I like the design of the Ford and Chevy SC Bodies. I'd like to see a Toyota or Nissan.
Great to hear and stay tuned
Old 04-19-2013, 01:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by samuelsonmark71
I hate pre-cut bodies myself as a painter
Interesting, how come? My painter likes them. Are you using Liquid mask or are you using tape? My painter uses liquid mask. If you're taping, that would make a lot of sense that the pre-cut bodies make it a little more difficult.
Originally Posted by PW
Here is the problem; Losi only makes one body and one truck, so it's very easy for them to tool up for pre-cut bodies for their particular vehicles. For us (JConcepts); how do we choose which body and which truck? We have 4 or 5 popular model bodies (over a dozen total) and each one has to fit 9+ different manufactures trucks. It's just not realistic for us to do it, but maybe a single style that is partially cut is an option.

I remember once upon a time this was....ahhh nevermind
Paul, that makes a lot of sense actually. I agree maybe the more "Performance" based bodies like 1-3 models could have pre-cut options. But I'm sure tooling for pre-cutting bodies can't be cheap and is probably pretty complex. But I also remember back when you had to tape bags to the outside of the body so you wouldn't get overspray back in the day
Originally Posted by Grandturk

My dream would be a Toyota FJ Cruiser body for Short Course!!!
I've got a Toyota FJ Cruiser as my daily driver, I'd LOVE an FJ Cruiser Shortcourse body!!!!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 110 (100%+)

I dont mind when people send me precut bodies to paint. Its less Liquid mask for me to use. But like Paul was about to say. This use to be more like a hobby. Now everything is done for you. Where is the pride in that? BK touched on this on the last RIP podcast and he is so right.
Old 04-19-2013, 03:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 125 (100%+)

Paul
Will there be Finnisher turnbuckles for other buggies like RB6, 22, etc?
Old 04-19-2013, 05:28 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by elex300
But like Paul was about to say. This use to be more like a hobby. Now everything is done for you. Where is the pride in that? BK touched on this on the last RIP podcast and he is so right.
That's exactly where I was going

Paul
Will there be Finnisher turnbuckles for other buggies like RB6, 22, etc?
I do believe there are plans to have "Fin" turnbuckles for other cars, but not sure how soon. Keep an eye out for all sort of new items coming soon
Old 04-19-2013, 08:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I personally enjoy cutting out new bodies. i like carefully trimming the vent holes and such. I only use tape to paint, but i'd like to move on to liquid mask.
Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ScottKelly911
I've got a Toyota FJ Cruiser as my daily driver, I'd LOVE an FJ Cruiser Shortcourse body!!!!
Yeah Buddy! I knew there was a reason I liked you.

Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I'm looking for some suggestions for SCT 2wd tires for outdoor track. Surface is well maintained and smooth but doesn't have much clay. Other racers suggest Holeshot for buggy but not Double Dees as they wear too fast.
Old 04-20-2013, 03:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

hey guys<
got a quick question, I have a 22SCT, and I just picked an illuzion Hi-Flow body for it. when I look at, it looks like it has been marked for the 22sct, but I am unsure if they are or aren't. I have looked at the little key, and for the rear, it has 2 holes pictured, but my body has 2 extra holes just outside them.

long question short, has the body been updated with dots that are for the 22SCT?
Old 04-22-2013, 05:44 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by AndrewTom
hey guys<
got a quick question, I have a 22SCT, and I just picked an illuzion Hi-Flow body for it. when I look at, it looks like it has been marked for the 22sct, but I am unsure if they are or aren't. I have looked at the little key, and for the rear, it has 2 holes pictured, but my body has 2 extra holes just outside them.

long question short, has the body been updated with dots that are for the 22SCT?
Yes, the Hi-Flow has been updated. The easiest way to tell is the outer rear roll-bar will have a notch in it where the rear post go.

I'm looking for some suggestions for SCT 2wd tires for outdoor track. Surface is well maintained and smooth but doesn't have much clay. Other racers suggest Holeshot for buggy but not Double Dees as they wear too fast.
I suggest the 3D's (#3061). I personally like green 3D's in the rear and blue 3D's in the front. Wear is extremely good as well.

Old 04-22-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Hey Paul

What tyre would you recommend in Buggy for an Outdoor hardpack fine dirt track that starts off the day with medium traction but then drops too low/medium traction as it gets further into the day?

I have tried Double Dees in green and they were good but no side bite.

I was thinking 3D's? Or would Goosebumps be better?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:38 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Cloaked
Hey Paul

What tyre would you recommend in Buggy for an Outdoor hardpack fine dirt track that starts off the day with medium traction but then drops too low/medium traction as it gets further into the day?

I have tried Double Dees in green and they were good but no side bite.

I was thinking 3D's? Or would Goosebumps be better?
I would say 3D's and sauce them with WD40 for 20-25 mins
Old 04-23-2013, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Thanks to Darkside Designs for my new paint for 2013. Kris Norlock is one fantastic painter.

JConcepts Finnisher RC8.2 and High-Flow Short Course bodies pictured:

Old 04-23-2013, 06:30 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Bodies look sick!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.