Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

All noise, no signal.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

turn the squech up, and hit the ANR button, you might learn something about big boy racing.
Old 08-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Tech Champion

was reading back a few pages so try and find out why people get so butt hurt over a little knowledge and I found this exchange, truely amazing how someone will post stuff just to post stuff and forget his previous posts.

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Just look ...

17.5 is just as fast & driveable as my 8.5 with boost now days ....
Originally Posted by Derry
No it's not...
Originally Posted by loriding69
ha ha ha, yeah it is!
+1

Hell ! Even being pulled on the straight....

Derry , not yours of course....
Hey Ritchiesssssss !!!!!

I don't what you to leave , come back !!!

Show everyone at TRCR how a turtle motor can go faster than my 8.5 on boost ....
seems to me you agree with double EE, so i really don't have anything to prove.
Old 08-20-2011, 06:19 PM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by mdowney
All noise, no signal.
All I hear is
hisssssssssssss
Old 08-20-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Champion

All I hear is
hisssssssssssss
the sound of a burning roach no doubt
Old 08-20-2011, 08:15 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Aghhh

Stock has never been stock for as long as I have raced....

Every week there was new cells and new motors, new esc's all to make the spec speed faster. (kind of a weird statement shouldn't spec be all the same speed?)

The closest I have ever been to a spec class is when we were all running the novak brushless system because it was the one that worked, when brushless is new.

It will never be spec, just stock, or 17.5 whatever you want to call it, because as soon as someone finds an article on how to sleep with you motor under your pillow and get 5 tenths we will all be cuddling up to our motors.

So don't hate the fact some guy who races spec decides to zap the hell out of his cans. I remember a time when one super fast guy started charging cells with 10 amps to get them all punchy, and guess what everyone including the guy who had 2 year old cells was charging at 10 amps. Was it safe? Hell no. It was the price we all took to try to win.

Until the rules change to a spec esc, battery and motor, it is just the 17.5 class. Zap it, charge the hell out of it, grab the new hotness in batteries or motors every other week and spend a lot of $$ on "spec" racing.

Or don't play the game and complain how people "cheat".
Old 08-20-2011, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Let me put my part out there.

1st I had alot of fun at the Nats. I learned alot about setup and cars when it came to high bite and high temp setups. Other than that, yup i got my butt handed to me by Motor and chassis sponsored guys. No, i'm not making an excuse cause i had tons of fun running in the B-Main with better competition and even lap times no zapped rotors or rebuilt motors just driving skill. I went to Nats not expecting to WIN but come from it with experience and meeting tons of new people. When i say meeting new people. I mean meeting new people in high places that matter. They didn't care that i wasn't in the A-Main. But that i did well in the B and most importantly I helped a fellow racer out with no hesitation and when no one else had the parts. I was greatly awarded with that effort with more to come my way. I'm grateful thank for you >>>>>>>>>>>Company Name here<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LOL

To set the record straight. Yes i could hang and pull an 8.5 on the straight(boosted 17.5). I dont want to be part of the spat that is going on. so to let it be known. I can run a non boosted 17.5 SC with lap times of a 13.5 or faster. Not bragging, just saying what is possible to be done (its all about setup and driving).

Moving to 4wd mod as soon as i get one. Stock is to damn confusing when it comes to ROAR (after Area52 race of course).
Old 08-20-2011, 09:55 PM
Tech Legend

I dream that someday we will eventually eliminate the stock class's & just have open 2w bug , 2wT, 4w, sc, ect.....

Of course a Novice class for each class as that would be good for business..

If my dream came true today?
We would all be racing each other, not split in two as now...

A,B & C mains would decide how fast you are, not your motor....
Old 08-20-2011, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I dream that someday we will eventually eliminate the stock class's & just have open 2w bug , 2wT, 4w, sc, ect.....

We would all be racing each other...

Good luck with that dream....
Old 08-20-2011, 10:00 PM
Tech Elite

WAKE UP

We would all be racing each other...

Old 08-20-2011, 10:09 PM
Tech Legend

EE

The present program is not working ....

We could make racing so much better for everyone ....

Sedan has nothing but spec class's or rather favored spec, correct ?

Now on the very edge of extinction......

Having a true novice class would go miles in making racing more fun for the entree level racers that just started the sport....

They need protection from guys who have major equipment & racing experience advantages....

These racers are who pay the bills and keep the track open to all of us ..

All the experience racers ?

Will still come back anyway no matter what kind of motor they can or cannot use ....

Because they love racing .....
Old 08-20-2011, 10:33 PM
Tech Champion

Let me put my part out there.

1st I had alot of fun at the Nats. I learned alot about setup and cars when it came to high bite and high temp setups. Other than that, yup i got my butt handed to me by Motor and chassis sponsored guys. No, i'm not making an excuse cause i had tons of fun running in the B-Main with better competition and even lap times no zapped rotors or rebuilt motors just driving skill. I went to Nats not expecting to WIN but come from it with experience and meeting tons of new people. When i say meeting new people. I mean meeting new people in high places that matter. They didn't care that i wasn't in the A-Main. But that i did well in the B and most importantly I helped a fellow racer out with no hesitation and when no one else had the parts. I was greatly awarded with that effort with more to come my way. I'm grateful thank for you >>>>>>>>>>>Company Name here<<<<<<<<<<<<<< LOL

To set the record straight. Yes i could hang and pull an 8.5 on the straight(boosted 17.5). I dont want to be part of the spat that is going on. so to let it be known. I can run a non boosted 17.5 SC with lap times of a 13.5 or faster. Not bragging, just saying what is possible to be done (its all about setup and driving).

Moving to 4wd mod as soon as i get one. Stock is to damn confusing when it comes to ROAR (after Area52 race of course).

This post right here, this is what you come home with from a Nationals.

"I went to Nats not expecting to WIN but come from it with experience and meeting tons of new people. When i say meeting new people. I mean meeting new people in high places that matter"

This is what i go Nationals, Reedy, and the IIC for. heck when i go to the IIC I run Mod knowing full well I will be racing Pro level drivers and expect to be in the C main.

Last edited by skypilot; 08-20-2011 at 10:53 PM.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:34 PM
Tech Elite

How is it you missed the whole picture.

And as far as your comment goes for onroad spec classes. They are NO where near being extinct. Cherry, get it together dude. Honestly, don't talk about onroad if you don't know. I will say this to you..... Practice makes perfect so MOD buggy i'm going to give it a try. (by the way, Daniel Lee waxed all of your azzes with a boosted 17.5 last year NOW WHAT)!

EE

The present program is not working ....

We could make racing so much better for everyone ....

Sedan has nothing but spec class's or rather favored spec, correct ?

Now on the very edge of extinction......

Having a true novice class would go miles in making racing more fun for the entree level racers that just started the sport....

They need protection from guys who have major equipment & racing experience advantages....

These racers are who pay the bills and keep the track open to all of us ..

All the experience racers ?

Will still come back anyway no matter what kind of motor they can or cannot use ....

Because they love racing .....
Old 08-20-2011, 10:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by skypilot
This post right here, this is what you come home with from a Nationals.

"I went to Nats not expecting to WIN but come from it with experience and meeting tons of new people. When i say meeting new people. I mean meeting new people in high places that matter"

This is what i go Nationals, Reedy, and the IIC for. heck when i go to the IIC I run Mod knowing full well I will be racing Pro level drivers and expect to be in the C main.
People in high places mean, that i have tires that even the team drivers dont have yet!!!!!!! If you have been listening to what i say at the track then you would have an idea of what i'm talking about.
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

How is it you missed the whole picture.

And as far as your comment goes for onroad spec classes. They are NO where near being extinct. Cherry, get it together dude. Honestly, don't talk about onroad if you don't know. I will say this to you..... Practice makes perfect so MOD buggy i'm going to give it a try. (by the way, Daniel Lee waxed all of your azzes with a boosted 17.5 last year NOW WHAT)!

hey brother great job at nats

seems like ill be back for winter i gots to get everything new cause i sold everything oh well hope to have your help again aloha

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.