Proposed R.O.A.R. rules change

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

you do not have to buy anything. you can run your tekin, and your 17.5
Old 01-11-2011, 12:24 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Xpress
Well that rules out LRP, Tekin, and SP. Who else is there?
Speed Passion is just a marketing company, Hobbywing is the developer off the dynamic speedo off SP, so...think only Tekin and Hobbywing are out off the picture.

They all say they want best for the hobby, but its all about money, they even started to believe there own propaganda stories...
Old 01-11-2011, 12:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Is ROAR doing away with the "super stock" class all together? Right now isnt it Mod, Super Stock and Stock for each class? What these rules are talking about isnt that just for Stock...the lowest class? Or are they doing away with the middle class as well? Because if this is for the lowest class then I really dont see any issue with it at all. If they are doing away with the middle class then I see the good and the bad.....but thats on them they will have to live or die with it.

I will sit back and wait for like what Syndr0me said in the other thread....Rick Howart to come on and tell us all to run mod....and some off-road clown to preach about how offroad and its 16+ class is AWESOME. I would say the silvercan lover-boy but that guy already showed his hand early in this one.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Is ROAR doing away with the "super stock" class all together? Right now isnt it Mod, Super Stock and Stock for each class? What these rules are talking about isnt that just for Stock...the lowest class? Or are they doing away with the middle class as well? Because if this is for the lowest class then I really dont see any issue with it at all. If they are doing away with the middle class then I see the good and the bad.....but thats on them they will have to live or die with it.

I will sit back and wait for like what Syndr0me said in the other thread....Rick Howart to come on and tell us all to run mod....and some off-road clown to preach about how offroad and its 16+ class is AWESOME. I would say the silvercan lover-boy but that guy already showed his hand early in this one.
You forgot the "everything would be better if we could just run Paragon guy."
Old 01-11-2011, 12:46 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
You can't compare those races unless they were run on the same track with the same layout ...

Regarding the classes ... I can see why ROAR wants to ban boosted ESCs. They take a lot of resources to tech. Even if the ESC has spec class programming, can you be sure it's really at zero timing?

That being said I think there is a place for boosted classes. I think ROAR should run 3 classes. Mod, boosted 17.5 and non boosted 17.5.
Actually what Andrew was trying to show is that the difference in speed between the classes has not changed as much as made out to be. He's not saying look at the same lap times. Look at the difference between the two over the years. Its stayed about the same. I agree there should be 3 classes as well with one being open.

Originally Posted by al dente
you do not have to buy anything. you can run your tekin, and your 17.5
With the current proposal...False. New Speedo for spec classes.

Originally Posted by Kevin K

Not 100% clear on that. 2nd part was awesome! LOL

EA
Old 01-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Tech Apprentice

I think the new rules sound great. What's funny is the whiners that say they have to spend more money for another esc that can be had for under $60.00are the same guys with an $80+ friggin pit lamp.
Old 01-11-2011, 12:54 PM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

Originally Posted by H.N.
I think the new rules sound great. What's funny is the whiners that say they have to spend more money for another esc that can be had for under $60.00are the same guys with an $80+ friggin pit lamp.
Playing devils advocate.....If speedo companies all of a sudden loose out on all these 160+ dollar speedos do you think they are going to still sell a 60.00 speedo (just using your number you used)? They wont be able to stay in business more than likely (Guessing). They are going to have to make their money somewhere since their other market is gone.

And I dont have an 80.00 pit light

EA
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

What's funny is that the same whiners that say that costs are getting out of hand so they force other people to buy yet another esc, are the same ones that are buying a frigging $600-700 chassis every 1 or 2 years. and blame the esc for letting the cost go out of hand!!
Old 01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

WHOA!!! you didn't go there did ya??
Old 01-11-2011, 12:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

when its all said and done.. here is whats going to happen..

Fast people will still be fast.
Slow People will still be slow
Middle of the pack people will still be in the middle
Old 01-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

What about instead of having to buy new speedos, the racers can send their speeds back to the manufacturer and they get reprogrammed to spec and cant be changed by the consumer. Maybe some other sort of blinking light sequence so tech can tell.

This way they only have to pay for shipping not a new speedo. I suggested this before it went to spec but no one took my advice. Making racers buy new speedos is not going to help the situation.

Paul Ciccarello
Old 01-11-2011, 01:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 2wdrive
What's funny is that the same whiners that say that costs are getting out of hand so they force other people to buy yet another esc, are the same ones that are buying a frigging $600-700 chassis every 1 or 2 years. and blame the esc for letting the cost go out of hand!!

Just wait, most of those guys aren't home from school or work yet........this should get real interesting in a couple of hours.

Making popcorn and re-filling the pop glass right now.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:04 PM
Tech Master

So will it be legal to download updated software that the manufacturer has developed, as long as you can't tweak the software?
Old 01-11-2011, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Johnny Wishbone
Just wait, most of those guys aren't home from school or work yet........this should get real interesting in a couple of hours.

Making popcorn and re-filling the pop glass right now.
Old 01-11-2011, 01:07 PM
Tech Legend

Lucky , Roar has not tried to change the mod class rules one bit and that is one thing I can appreciate more than ever ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.