Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Nitro Off-Road
Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!! >

Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine engne engine grrr..Looking for a new one!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 06:22 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by RC-ZOMBIE
Werks B6 same power delivery and alot cheaper
+1 I love my Werks
Old 06-28-2010, 08:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
novarossi plus 21-4 buggy (tuned) 275$

9901ss / 41005 or if you like alot of torque use 41021
Engine + Pipe + header = $400+ For the +4.

Engine + Pipe = $300 for Werks B5, but because I already have the pipes =$200.. So, 2 engines or one for the same price? I wasn't doggin the Nova +4, just said it was out of my price.. I've driven a few cars with the +4, and I do like the engine.. Nice smooth linear power, but I don't know that it is worth the extra $75..
Old 06-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Trevor Williams
if I were to pick one engine, it would be a Novarossi 21-4 Team with a 9853ss and a 41005.....butter smooth with gobs of usable power delivery when you need it........im trying a OS speed next time at the track.
I like the os speed engines. I have run them for a year and they are at the top IMO. But even better than a speed engine is any powerhousercperfoemance.com engine. They have never let me down and performance is always through the roof.
Old 06-28-2010, 08:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
The last two races i lost the competition due to my engine and clutch. Its been two years now i am running the o.s vspec but not the speed. I used to run the stock kyosho aluminium clutch setup both on my st-rr and mp9 but i had quite a few bearing failures, so i then switch to the mip buggy clutch and i was suprised how smooth and flowless is oparating but the last two races the springs loose and on the accelaration the engine was struggling. I also have one vspec that needs rebuilding so i came here to ask which is the best engine, and the best pipe for that engine and which is the most popular clutch setup. When i say best i mean first of all reliable and then fast.. Cause i dont want an engine than will run for 4-5 gallons and then i will need a rebuild. But at the same time i need the engine to be powerfull enough so that i will do the long jumps and also fast enough on the straights.

as soon as i get enough help i have 400 euros ready and if i need more next week i will have more for buying the what you guys recomend.

Btw the engine will be running either on an st-rr,xray xb808,mp9. but if its not useable foor a truggy then no problem.

Thanks.
well i would run the werks b5 they are a bang for the buck or even the newer dynamite .21 are really nice for 200 flat cant beat it exspecially how much power that dynamite has i was not exspecting a dynamite to win a amain that day

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...ine-Turbo-Plug

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_...tor-Turbo-Plug
Old 06-28-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by (MRC)Scotty!
Engine + Pipe + header = $400+ For the +4.

Engine + Pipe = $300 for Werks B5, but because I already have the pipes =$200.. So, 2 engines or one for the same price? I wasn't doggin the Nova +4, just said it was out of my price.. I've driven a few cars with the +4, and I do like the engine.. Nice smooth linear power, but I don't know that it is worth the extra $75..
I just switched from a werks to a nova and omg what a difference. The nova is much better and the power just feels right.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:21 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RB FIVE
I just switched from a werks to a nova and omg what a difference. The nova is much better and the power just feels right.
now you see my point
Old 06-28-2010, 09:25 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

We just switched from a Nova to a Werk's and couldn't be happier ! I like the power , can't live with the mildness of the Nova's, at least not in my conditions....
Old 06-28-2010, 09:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

The Dynamites are making a come back powerwise but they still suck down the fuel. I was shocked at what a 2013 pipe did for the platinum .21 xp with a standard head. The thing turned into a beast. Totally exceeded my expectatiions for power. Biggest downfall is they are usually shot by 5 gallons, even with proper care.
Bottom line you cannot go wrong with the Werks B5. It's a brute, gets better fuel consumption than any other .21 and really does not need modified.
Old 06-28-2010, 09:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by didrace
The last two races i lost the competition due to my engine and clutch. Its been two years now i am running the o.s vspec but not the speed. I used to run the stock kyosho aluminium clutch setup both on my st-rr and mp9 but i had quite a few bearing failures, so i then switch to the mip buggy clutch and i was suprised how smooth and flowless is oparating but the last two races the springs loose and on the accelaration the engine was struggling. I also have one vspec that needs rebuilding so i came here to ask which is the best engine, and the best pipe for that engine and which is the most popular clutch setup. When i say best i mean first of all reliable and then fast.. Cause i dont want an engine than will run for 4-5 gallons and then i will need a rebuild. But at the same time i need the engine to be powerfull enough so that i will do the long jumps and also fast enough on the straights.

as soon as i get enough help i have 400 euros ready and if i need more next week i will have more for buying the what you guys recomend.

Btw the engine will be running either on an st-rr,xray xb808,mp9. but if its not useable foor a truggy then no problem.

Thanks.
Sounds like you could use an Alpha Plus Z852. Pulls through the mid like a V Spec and runs on top like a Toro Nero With better fuel mileage than both AND for $400 Euro you could buy 2 with pipes!

(and free shipping
Old 06-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Old 06-28-2010, 09:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ScroggJL21
The Dynamites are making a come back powerwise but they still suck down the fuel. I was shocked at what a 2013 pipe did for the platinum .21 xp with a standard head. The thing turned into a beast. Totally exceeded my expectatiions for power. Biggest downfall is they are usually shot by 5 gallons, even with proper care.
Bottom line you cannot go wrong with the Werks B5. It's a brute, gets better fuel consumption than any other .21 and really does not need modified.
my buddys dynamite ran super fast at 222 degrees and got 9:30 mins on the new .21pxe with the o.s. 2053 i beleave
Old 06-29-2010, 12:00 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by houston
now you see my point
I'm not knocking anyone's opinions on engines but Houston I would take anything that RB Five has to say about our products as a grain of sand. He is the typical pissed off ex-customer that every company seems to have one of. The kind that will not listen to anyone's advice and afterward finds it necessary to talk negatively about a products every opportunity that he can possibly get. Frankly it got to the point where everybody basically had to ask him to stop posting on my thread lol

In any case as far as the OP is concerned there are a ton of good, high quality engines available at a reasonable price point today. If anything it is the best time ever to get involved in nitro racing! Are there bad engines, I think relatively few. My personal opinion be it going with one of our engines, Novarossi, RB, Alpha or which ever other brand just make sure that it is from a reputable company with support that is easily reachable in the form of either the manufacturer directly or one of their representatives like Houston or Racecrafter. Try to get a brand where some of the local drivers are also using them so that if you need some help at the track there are people there that are familiar with tuning them and will be able to help you out. Hope this helps and happy racing with your new engine which ever brand it might be!

Regards,

Ron
Old 06-29-2010, 12:24 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Werks
I'm not knocking anyone's opinions on engines but Houston I would take anything that RB Five has to say about our products as a grain of sand. He is the typical pissed off ex-customer that every company seems to have one of. The kind that will not listen to anyone's advice and afterward finds it necessary to talk negatively about a products every opportunity that he can possibly get. Frankly it got to the point where everybody basically had to ask him to stop posting on my thread lol

In any case as far as the OP is concerned there are a ton of good, high quality engines available at a reasonable price point today. If anything it is the best time ever to get involved in nitro racing! Are there bad engines, I think relatively few. My personal opinion be it going with one of our engines, Novarossi, RB, Alpha or which ever other brand just make sure that it is from a reputable company with support that is easily reachable in the form of either the manufacturer directly or one of their representatives like Houston or Racecrafter. Try to get a brand where some of the local drivers are also using them so that if you need some help at the track there are people there that are familiar with tuning them and will be able to help you out. Hope this helps and happy racing with your new engine which ever brand it might be!

Regards,

Ron
+1 its always nice to have a engine people use at ur track so just incase u need help there are people there that have the same engine also they might even have a spare parts engine for example other day my buddy bought a werks and must of got the older carb because it was defected but some happen to have spare o.s. carb from a v-spec lucally it fit just perfect and he got to race
Old 06-29-2010, 08:16 AM
cdc
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

RB B10 is the best engine. It has lots of power. It is very reliable.
Old 06-29-2010, 08:22 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by cdc
RB B10 is the best engine. It has lots of power. It is very reliable.
Why do you think it's the best?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.