Search
Like Tree2Likes

GM Brushless

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 02:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi,

I dont have any experience with 10.5, just 9.5T. But i would advise de EVO3 for smaller tracks (more botom end) and the Pro for bigger tracks (more top end). The Pro also has fan and runs very cool.
Old 06-16-2009, 02:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Is pro with fan?? I have pro 9 and pro 8 and they have no fans.... Due to kV rating pro should be geared much faster than evo?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:14 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=TheCoolCanFanMan;5940737]
Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Some time i acelerate and the response comes with a delay, and afther a second the car just jumps foward/QUOTE]

Hi Martin
I had this to, not to sure why though, it even felt like it wanted to go backwards

This was the first time I used the GM120.
I was using the Nosram SPEC prior, and was geared at 4.5 using the GM 13.5 but wasn't sure where I should be with the gearing on the GM120, so started at 6.00 but was dog slow after 2.5 mins, so went to 5.3 with a 13.5 Prince motor but came off at 90 degrees, any help with gearing would be appreciated Martin.

Cheers Malc TCCFM
If the Motor is around 85 - 90°C (GM) your gearing is pretty much right

Originally Posted by Nuno Gancho
Stage 1 of temperature cut, so it is motor temperature to high or speedcontrol? Should i gear up the motor or change set up in speed control (amp limit, frequency......).

About the delay soimetimes afther 1 minut race.

Thanks for your help.
stage 1 tempcut = esc too warm
switch off the tempcut in reserved settings

Originally Posted by Kajman
Has anyone tried all three GM 10.5 motors? Evo3, Pro and Dr Speed? I wonder which would be the best for stock racing on lipo and mode 8--->3. It seems that Pro is strongest, but with lowest kV, dr speed and evo3 differ as far as I know in magnet material and evo3 has fan on rotor. Anyone can say something more about them?
http://shop.graupner.de/webuerp/servlet/AI?ARTN=97289
best one
Old 06-16-2009, 03:17 AM
Tech Regular

Yeah, thanx Martin, but some stupid as...le in Poland decided, that when you want to use LiPo you have to run 10.5T Which one then?
Old 06-16-2009, 03:40 AM
Tech Master

pro

is u can use a regular 12.5mm magnet (red faceplate)
Old 06-16-2009, 04:16 AM
Tech Regular

Ok, no problem magnets are not specified at all, I can use any
Old 06-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Tech Regular

Another question - about logger of current and rpm, how to store it into memory?? I have both Genius 90 and updated 95 and 85 and cannot read out this data, what should I do? Maybe power should be connected after measurement untill PC connected or...?
Old 06-17-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Adept

right so i worked my way through about 52 pages of this topic to try and understand a bit more about the genius120 as i am thinking about using it for 10.5 lipo touringcar.
but i am still left with the following questions:

-I played a bit with the software for the 120 versions 1.1.5 / 1.2.1 /1.3.6
now they all hold the factory settings so i loaded 8.gda changed the value to mode 3 in the software. it comes up with the pop-up questions answered as described in the stock-howto and saved it as a new .gda file.
now with all three software i get exactly the same file as the orginal 8.gda except for the mode now beeing 4 instead of 128 as it is mode3 i am writing.
all other variables are the same as we kept the mode8 background stuff and the basic mode8 values just stored it under mode3. so didn't i just create two the same profiles on my esc?

-software version 1.3.6 has the special functions tab. does the controller need the firmware updated to use these functions?

-so if all programming of the modes is free and the changing of mode value to 3 is of use and suppose i want to quickly see the difference between 6over3 v.s 8over3. can i program both these combinations into the esc in different mode locations (say 2 and 3) so i can switch between them at track with just transmitter and not need a laptop?

hope my questions make sense as i am just going by what i read, tried and understood from the manual and software.
thanks
Old 06-19-2009, 12:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by tomracing

-so if all programming of the modes is free and the changing of mode value to 3 is of use and suppose i want to quickly see the difference between 6over3 v.s 8over3. can i program both these combinations into the esc in different mode locations (say 2 and 3) so i can switch between them at track with just transmitter and not need a laptop?

I know that mode 2 is not like mode 3, so if you want play with copy mode 8 or 6 to 3, you should use PC on the track.

For 10.5T/Lipo if I will have time for testing, I will try test mode 6 and mode 8 over 3 and check lap times, because mode8/3 gives big temp (last I'v got about 95C ...) and it is not good for engine

Maybe you found that mode 8 over 2 is OK, but if it will be OK, there will be wrote about it

Regards!
m.

ps: sorry for my EN
Old 06-19-2009, 08:47 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kajman
Another question - about logger of current and rpm, how to store it into memory?? I have both Genius 90 and updated 95 and 85 and cannot read out this data, what should I do? Maybe power should be connected after measurement untill PC connected or...?
press the button shortly once after driving, then unplug from the batt
connect to the pc and read out the data

Originally Posted by tomracing
right so i worked my way through about 52 pages of this topic to try and understand a bit more about the genius120 as i am thinking about using it for 10.5 lipo touringcar.
but i am still left with the following questions:

-I played a bit with the software for the 120 versions 1.1.5 / 1.2.1 /1.3.6
now they all hold the factory settings so i loaded 8.gda changed the value to mode 3 in the software. it comes up with the pop-up questions answered as described in the stock-howto and saved it as a new .gda file.
now with all three software i get exactly the same file as the orginal 8.gda except for the mode now beeing 4 instead of 128 as it is mode3 i am writing.
all other variables are the same as we kept the mode8 background stuff and the basic mode8 values just stored it under mode3. so didn't i just create two the same profiles on my esc?

there's a reason why I wrote to do the mode copying like the way I wrote ...
don't use the standard settings ... they are not the same as the ones on the esc itself

stick to the stock how-to ...

-software version 1.3.6 has the special functions tab. does the controller need the firmware updated to use these functions?

don't mess around with that ... I asked for it not to be made available to public but it was made available ...
you will very sure mess up your esc settings

every mode is different ...

hope my questions make sense as i am just going by what i read, tried and understood from the manual and software.
thanks
see above
Old 06-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi Martin,

I'm having some problems with the speedo gm120, at the start or when i
try to accelerate on low revs the response comes with a delay.

I'm using an 9,5 t and 5 cell. Program 6 copied to program 3.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

how much of a delay?
Old 06-19-2009, 03:21 PM
chb
Tech Rookie

Hi everyone,

I am a GM fan & I got acquired my 1st product: GM100.
I've read a lot about GM in this thread & learnt a great deal. I still have a question:

1) Is it worth updating to new firmware ? Once updated, does it have all the exact feature of the new GM90 & GM120 ?

2) How much does the firmware update cost approximately ?

Thanks for this great thread & especially to Martin

Chris
Old 06-19-2009, 03:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chb
Hi everyone,

I am a GM fan & I got acquired my 1st product: GM100.
I've read a lot about GM in this thread & learnt a great deal. I still have a question:

1) Is it worth updating to new firmware ? Once updated, does it have all the exact feature of the new GM90 & GM120 ?

2) How much does the firmware update cost approximately ?

Thanks for this great thread & especially to Martin

Chris

Hi
1) Yes, as far as I know almost (sw 4.7)
2)20Eur
Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

correct

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.