Search

Serpent 710

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2003, 06:18 PM
Tech Adept

Smile

This thread is kinda odd...

D, 5000 closing rapidly...

FMolzer, Skulle inte du flytta tillbaka till Svedala?
Old 11-14-2003, 06:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by InitialD
Ooophs, my Novamax spots an orange heatsink... Or perhaps Motorman's new line of Ritchey engines would spot orange heatsinks.

Yeah, orange anodised aluminum parts would be cool !
D, just bought 2 Novamaxes in HK, are they as good as I hope they will be? On the break in bench, I have noticed that they seem fairly forgiving of what you do to the needles compared to some other modifieds I have tried, and it took an effort to get the temps up to where I felt I was doing proper heat cycling. Little did I know I was about to try them in a 710 when I bought them...
Old 11-14-2003, 06:57 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by johan
This thread is kinda odd...

D, 5000 closing rapidly...

FMolzer, Skulle inte du flytta tillbaka till Svedala?
Jodå, jag är på väg att flytta till Hbg, men inte förrän nästa sommar... Då blir det Staffanstorp....

Sorry guys, had to do this one in Swedish....
Old 11-14-2003, 06:59 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by fastharry
well,I like having D as the thread "shepherd".....

he follows up,has good info,and doesn't let the thread degrade into a bunch of stupid inside jokes that bring an informative thread to a screeching halt....
Right said Fred
Old 11-14-2003, 07:37 PM
Que
Tech Adept

Cheers to D he has helped us all a little bit
Old 11-14-2003, 08:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Serpent will rules !!

I really believe our new legend will rocks the touring world.
The Feb winternats will be the time.

Whey de serpent guys dont put the "ART" details in their image gallery.. are they still make any improvement ?
Old 11-14-2003, 09:55 PM
Tech Prophet

Originally posted by fmolzer
D, just bought 2 Novamaxes in HK, are they as good as I hope they will be? On the break in bench, I have noticed that they seem fairly forgiving of what you do to the needles compared to some other modifieds I have tried, and it took an effort to get the temps up to where I felt I was doing proper heat cycling. Little did I know I was about to try them in a 710 when I bought them...
Don't need to hoard the supply lines, Fredrik !! One is enough !!

Well, those engines idle very nice. You are right that it's very difficult to get the engine up to temp. Even during break in, you'll find that the engine makes for very scary power !

What we do here to break them in is to run the HSN very rich on the starter box. I believe stock needle settings are 4.5 turns on HSN, 3.5 turns on the LSN and flat on the carb body for the MSN. We turn the HSN out 1 or 2 more rounds anticlockwise to make sure that the engine runs very rich at WOT. We do not touch the LSN. Perhaps to get it starting, the idle needle needs to be opened wide. The wheels will only spin a little at WOT giving the engine some load.

This method of running in is very fast and yet gives adequate break in. You typically run through about 20 tanks or so in about 45 minutes !

The 20 tanks or so is continuous. Therefore refilling one tank to other, care must be taken that the engine does not run out of fuel to give it a lean condition.

After that, lean the HSN little by little and run it slowly at the track. Another 2 or 3 tansk or so, you can tune it to race conditions. On mine, the needle setting is spot on at 4.5 turns on the HSN and 3.5 on the LSN. One copper shim on the button head (0.4 mm total), no. 6 plug with 25% nitro.

And yeah, I hope you opened up those engines and check for metal shavings and burrs. Make sure they are clean.

Enjoy the orange puppies !!
Old 11-14-2003, 09:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: Serpent will rules !!

Originally posted by GoldFinger
Whey de serpent guys dont put the "ART" details in their image gallery.. are they still make any improvement ?
It's now called Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS).
Old 11-14-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Smile

I don't know how much flex is allowed on F1 chassis but I know that having a stiff chassis allows your shocks to work much better. Flexi parts perhaps makes the shock workings less accurate and less direct and that it makes driving more forgiving on lower traction tracks. A flexi chassis allows the car to roll better giving you the needed traction.

Just my 2 cents...

I may be wrong, but I don't think that chassis flex effects shock performance, except that it may make tiny changes in shock angle and length. When the chassis flexes, it acts as a spring (torsion bar) increasing spring compression on one side while decreasing it on the other, but adding to total spring "hardness".
Clearly, it is another variable which cannot be controlled.
Shock performance, on the other hand, is dependent upon the resistance to oil flow, and is therefore modified by oil viscosity and piston hole size .
Old 11-14-2003, 10:33 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default Re: Re: Serpent will rules !!

It's now called Dynamic Rear Steering (DRS).
Thanks D
I guess, i put too much time to watch de "dutch guy party" , instead of watching TSN.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wink 710

Hey MS or Julius

Can you tell us the gear Teeth numbers for the Brake, R/Diff, Side gears , F/Diff etc. on the 710 so we can compare them with the 705.
Just cann't wait to get the car.
Old 11-14-2003, 11:56 PM
Tech Addict

Wink Happy Forum

This i a real Happy and getting drunk forum on the moment,
I did't see Rene a couple of days maybe still past out of the bottle of wine wich he shared with Michael
Old 11-15-2003, 12:20 AM
Tech Prophet

Default Re: 710

Originally posted by Pacman25
Can you tell us the gear Teeth numbers for the Brake, R/Diff, Side gears , F/Diff etc. on the 710 so we can compare them with the 705.
Well, I think we'll have to wait for them to recover from their hang over.

From the pics at mytsn, I can surely tell that the brake pulley is 24T. So going by the information that the internal drive ratio of the car is 1.875, the rear diff pulley is 45T.

Other pulleys remain a mystery to me but looking at the size of the rear side pulley as well as the front side pulley, I guess that they are the same as the brake pulley. So I think the pulleys are configured like this;

30T

24T 16T

24T 24T

45T

Incidently, this gives the front and rear internal drive ratio as 1.875 which makes the overdrive 1:1.

p/s: Ooophs, Rene just woke up !
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Talking

Thanks .
Old 11-15-2003, 12:33 AM
Tech Addict

Default He Michael

Some times ist good to be Rookie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.