Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2008, 04:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i believe if there is any new specs it will be coming from the current winning platform and with a blend of the M3 specifications. Most of the time Kyosho has always blended the features and technologies from each scale. But i think the most significant changes will be at the CG, roll centers, chassis and clutch assembly system. Or they might changes the whole platform all together...
Old 02-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 15 (94%+)

Im sure if there is a new car we will see it at the worlds this year august
Old 02-13-2008, 05:13 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Riketsu
Why design a new car when we already have a winning a car?
I, totally, agree.
Originally Posted by Riketsu
I'd say, let the other manufactures make their new car and then release the Kyosho... You wouldn't want them copying the new RRR's design features...
Yeah. Haven't they done enough of that already?
Old 02-14-2008, 06:19 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by mrgsr
Im sure if there is a new car we will see it at the worlds this year august

yeah i'm gonna buy it!
Old 02-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Tech Regular

where can i order kawahara parts online?

thanks
Old 02-14-2008, 09:10 PM
Tech Elite

hey mate

www.bartzrcpartz.com.au

Ric Bartolozzi sells kawahara here in australia
Old 02-15-2008, 02:47 AM
Tech Regular

Thanks man

I have bought myself a crashed v1rrr. it had a full speed head on crash into a curb at the track. Just waiting on new front bulkheads and bumper mount. I already have replaced the chassis with the special type (the brown colour one?)

as far as I know, it is just a standard RRR, I hope to have it up to date as an evo version etc etc at some stage.

Slowly it will come together. As i can afford, and when i get time I will work on adding upgrades to the chassis. eventually i hope to score an engine for my birthday

Cheers,
Adam.
Old 02-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Tech Rookie

Little problem friends : i've just stripped 4 55t spur gears consecutively... i don't know why!!! u can help me i hope!
The s.g. start to strip out when 2nd gear get in! Problem came out just yesterday when i decided to tight the screws on the shoes in order to have a later shift... shift get in later but the spur completely wasted!
I use 15-20 steel pinions with 55-60 spur gears or 56-59 or 55-59.

so...
1.engine position is absolutely right!
2.spur gears spins completely freely.

i think :

1.maybe i have to change 2nd speed shoes?
2.maybe 3racing spur gears are bad ???
3.maybe the ball bearing inside the 2nd speed adaptor wasted let the spur to strip out?
4.i've just found out that the clutch bell when centax get in came out 3mm!!, maybe this excessive play? i have to add some washer under the bell guide washer?

if u want photos of something i'll post'em . thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-100_0818.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-100_0817.jpg   Kyosho V-ONE RRR Evo-100_0819.jpg  
Old 02-15-2008, 01:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dowhile
Little problem friends : i've just stripped 4 55t spur gears consecutively... i don't know why!!! u can help me i hope!
The s.g. start to strip out when 2nd gear get in! Problem came out just yesterday when i decided to tight the screws on the shoes in order to have a later shift... shift get in later but the spur completely wasted!
I use 15-20 steel pinions with 55-60 spur gears or 56-59 or 55-59.

so...
1.engine position is absolutely right!
2.spur gears spins completely freely.

i think :

1.maybe i have to change 2nd speed shoes?
2.maybe 3racing spur gears are bad ???
3.maybe the ball bearing inside the 2nd speed adaptor wasted let the spur to strip out?
4.i've just found out that the clutch bell when centax get in came out 3mm!!, maybe this excessive play? i have to add some washer under the bell guide washer?

if u want photos of something i'll post'em . thanks!
I've only seen two causes for this

1) when the gear mesh is too loose. I run mine almost too tight to where it makes a bit of nosie when you spin them and it will wear in.

2) there is a slight wobble in your crank assembly (clutch, whatever) caused by the flywheel not sitting straight or the clutch not engaging straight for some reason.

You're 3mm idea seems likely though, I don't think I ever run more than 0.2mm of end play.
Old 02-16-2008, 01:06 AM
Tech Rookie

ok thanks.. i'll try to solve the clutch bell play by adding more washer. thanks!
Old 02-17-2008, 05:41 PM
Tech Rookie

Big thanks to GMartinez today at SS speedway in Tampa. He really has a spot on answer for an Kyosho question you may have. He gets two thumbs up in my book for sure.

Thanks again.

-Markus
Old 02-17-2008, 08:37 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Right on!! That was some tight racing today. I had a blast.
I thought the kit setup was working for me...
George helped me set my car up(and taught me a few setup tips)...and I shaved a solid second off of my lap times!!! I appreciate all your help. thanks again.
Old 02-17-2008, 08:49 PM
Tech Elite

So Kev what were those setup tips? and how did they solve your issues?
its always good to hear tips from factory drivers
Old 02-18-2008, 06:08 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Relisys
Big thanks to GMartinez today at SS speedway in Tampa. He really has a spot on answer for an Kyosho question you may have. He gets two thumbs up in my book for sure.

Thanks again.

-Markus
Thanks Markus Hopefully the next time I can get there a little earlier & go thru your car there are a couple of things that need to be changed pm when you are working on your car & I will give a couple of suggestions to get it more dialed for the Tampa track.
Old 02-18-2008, 06:26 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevsgsxr1000
Right on!! That was some tight racing today. I had a blast.
I thought the kit setup was working for me...
George helped me set my car up(and taught me a few setup tips)...and I shaved a solid second off of my lap times!!! I appreciate all your help. thanks again.
Anytime Kev I try to get back there in a couple of weeks & try a couple of other things to see if we can shave another second off. you did real good in the Mains nice & smooth & you were very consistent keep it up & if time permits will look over your 1/8th.
Most of tips are basic due to track conditions high bite track & then towards the Mains it got very high both cars were set up with 37's all around when majority of the time other drivers were using 42's or higher & switched to 40 fronts & 37's rears due to certain areas it was slick tire wear was excellent so I was able to set both cars starting point @ 59.5 rear left 59.25 rear right
57.25 fronts ride height 5.5 F- 6.5 R Track is very flowing with some technical areas but very fun
I had my work cut out working on 3 IGT's 3 RRR,s but had a lot of hanging out with some drivers @ the track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.