Search
Like Tree52Likes

Team Losi JRXS Type-R

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Brian L
I started with what Schreff has been running and then started trying things thanks to Gray's and Hayne's suggestions. Car was awesome and will try and get something posted. Anyone come up with a editable set-up sheet yet?
Brian,

How did that setup work? I'm guessing it pushed a little.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Regional Moderator

hi all! sorry, this might be a stupid question or may have been answered previously but i'll ask anyway and hope you guys can help me out:

when using the spool pads, is the rough/abrasive side of the pad supposed to face the diff pulleys or the diff rings? i dont have an instruction guide on how to use the spool pads since i just got extras from a friend's old stuff. i currently have the abrasive side facing the pulleys and i noticed they slip too much and when i opened up the assembly, the pads basically smoothened out the pulley surface ... much like they were sanded (since the pads i believe are basically sandpaper).

was thinking of doing a few things:
1) flipping the pads so the abrasive side faces the diff rings (although not sure if that will work, hence the question above.)
2) keep them in their current config and maybe put a very small drop of CA so the pads adhere to the pulleys and wont slip and sand the plastic material down.
3) replace the diff pulleys with header board with similar thikiness. am thinking the header board would slip less than the smoot/polished diff rings.

what do you guys think? would appreciate any pointers.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-01-2007, 07:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by schreff
Brian,

How did that setup work? I'm guessing it pushed a little.

It was pretty decent. I probably could of stayed with it, but I tried different things and like what I ended up with. This car impresses me more and more everytime I drive it. Thanks to everyone on the team for all the help and support.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I ended up with a much different then usual setup on my car..it was very easy to drive, however lacked slightly in cornerspeed compared to Andrew's car.

I think it may need a little more tweaking, but is somehting different to try.
Attached Thumbnails Team Losi JRXS Type-R-jrxs-type-r-gate.gif  
Old 05-01-2007, 07:33 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

fafa- i used the smooth side agains the gear when i used those pads last year...if u get too much slip you could put a tiny bit of ca glue to hold them onto the gear.
Old 05-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Here is what was different on my car from Mike's.

Front: .195 hex, 2 camber, 60 wt, 56 piston, 25 spring, no o-ring above bladder, and droop 1mm over ride.

Rear: 50 wt, 17.5 spring, shock mount #3 on tower,1.5mm droop over ride, no washers under ballstud on hub

Misc: only compound 1/2 front tire
Old 05-01-2007, 08:10 PM
Regional Moderator

rcracingkid: thanks! was already planning to do that next but just wanted to get affirmation from you guys here ... its seems to be the logical think to do when i think about it. will try it and let you know how it turns out.
Old 05-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)
Default Editable Setup Sheet

Anyone needing an editable setup sheet PM me your e-mail and I will send you a copy.

It is to big to post.

Later,
Old 05-01-2007, 09:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rcracingkid
I ended up with a much different then usual setup on my car..it was very easy to drive, however lacked slightly in cornerspeed compared to Andrew's car.

I think it may need a little more tweaking, but is somehting different to try.
What's up with running the rear arms back? What does that do over the standard middle set up? I have been wanting to try everything forward like we used to do on the XXX-S.
Old 05-01-2007, 09:56 PM
TLRacing

Originally Posted by RBLove
What's up with running the rear arms back? What does that do over the standard middle set up? I have been wanting to try everything forward like we used to do on the XXX-S.

I feel running the arms back frees the car up in the center of the turn. With the motor in the back of the car, this car does have a lot of traction.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:10 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 90 (100%+)

Originally Posted by T. Hodge
I feel running the arms back frees the car up in the center of the turn. With the motor in the back of the car, this car does have a lot of traction.
Thanks Todd. I will give it a shot next time out. So far so good, but every tenth counts.
Old 05-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fAfA
when using the spool pads, is the rough/abrasive side of the pad supposed to face the diff pulleys or the diff rings? i dont have an instruction guide on how to use the spool pads since i just got extras from a friend's old stuff. i currently have the abrasive side facing the pulleys and i noticed they slip too much and when i opened up the assembly, the pads basically smoothened out the pulley surface ... much like they were sanded (since the pads i believe are basically sandpaper).
What you have described are the OLD sandpaper disks that were used on the xxx-s. The PADs for the JRXS and Type-R are made of something like plastic and snap into the pulley one on each side. Not sure if the sandpaper will work well but before you CA everything try to get some of the new PADs
Old 05-01-2007, 11:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

im not sure if anybody has done this , im too lazy to go back on pages to look, but this may help keep the front arms from breaking
Old 05-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I got a bit of a tweak in the car tonight. It normally runs VERY even from side to side, but I struggled with it this evening. Aside from the normal stuff (rebuild shocks, make sure chassis is flat, re-seat topdeck) is there anything else I should check, or any particular trick to straightening the car out? It seems like every car has an order in which to do things, or tweak tricks that aren't always apparent.

It was mentioned to me that making the shocks a little longer overall will allow for more suspension travel, and should let me run my foams down to the rim once again. I'll look into that when rebuilding the shocks in hopes of getting the tweak out. I was having trouble getting enough uptravel once the tires got around 54mm.

Also, for the second time, I had a front shock retainer pop off during a minor impact. I still can't figure out what's causing them to launch like that, but I've heard at least one other person mention the same thing. They seem to be snug on the shocks, so maybe there's something else I should be looking for.
Old 05-01-2007, 11:59 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Also, for the second time, I had a front shock retainer pop off during a minor impact. I still can't figure out what's causing them to launch like that, but I've heard at least one other person mention the same thing. They seem to be snug on the shocks, so maybe there's something else I should be looking for.
What ive done on all 4 shocks is to put a 3mm screw and a washer in the end of the shock retainer to stop the shock a shock from poping off in an accident, not that one has of yet, but just in case
Malc TCCFM

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.