Wiki Posts
Search

Corally Owners Club v1.*

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2002, 04:21 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default New Touring Car

I am now back from the Chicago Model Show and wanted to inform you all that we decided NOT to show the new touring car at the show. There are delays on only a few parts for the car that is pushing the release back. The release will be held until the parts are perfect. I know that many of you are wanting to see this new car but, we just can't risk the competition getting the jump on making a copy!!!!! Corally has spent alot of time and money on this new car and it shows!!!!!!!!! The technology and craftsmanship in the car is second to none. It makes other cars on the market look like toys. In this highly competitive day of designing and making competition touring cars it is not in the best intrest of Corally to show off all of the technology that is in this car and not get the rewards of increased sales. Also by waiting gives you the racer the advantage of having this new "work of art" longer and winning more races before the others can catch up. The choice will be to have this new car or finish behind it. The car will back up all of my talk!!! So for now, save your money for this new car and picture your competition looking at your rear bumper!!!!!

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 09-10-2002, 01:47 AM
Tech Champion

All good news...

I remember back when the C4 came out, there was nothing like it was and it's still is a work of art...the new will be nothing less i'm sure.

I can wait, my C4.1 is going well at the moment

Last edited by black-knight; 09-10-2002 at 04:19 AM.
Old 09-10-2002, 08:18 AM
Regional Moderator

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

JANTLE: I can understand being a little more careful after the XRay incident, but really come on, its time to show the car! We've been waiting to at least see this new car forever, and you don't even show it because a couple of parts aren't perfect? Isn't that what showing prototypes is all about?

I hate to break it to you, but at some point you guys are going to have to show the car to the world if you actually want to make any sales with it. And if its as good as you say it is, somebodies going to copy stuff off it.

Or are you going to never show any pics of it and sell it in a box with no pictures of the car on it, and just ask people to take your word for it that its a good car? I loved my C4.1 and Corally quality, but not THAT much!

I first picked up my Mission because you guys were so secretive about the new car. And that was back in May sometime. Here it is Sept. and I'm looking to get a second car, and you guys are still being super secretive, jezzz!

Being careful is one thing, but you guys are seriously approaching detrimental paranoia! Most people will actually want to see the car before they purchase it.

With all due respect to black-knights supreme patience , I'm sure there are more people who actually want to see what they are saving their money for, before they save it!....

....So just show the car already!.......Would it help if I said please!
Old 09-10-2002, 09:06 AM
Tech Elite

yeah, i think i can wait too. though, i do see where you are coming from dark. i am actually more excited to see this car than any other release that i can think of. it's really bum what xray did last time around and i don't think i'd even give anyone a chance to do the same until the very last moment if it were my choice. that will buy corally at least a little time to be the "lone ranger" so to speak. what really gets me is how many people feel comfortable buying the "copy". while i'd admit it's a bit more polished, not so much so that it's going to be faster. just prettier. and maybe not even that.
i do know that corally craftsmanship is second to none and due to that fact alone the car will be great. from what i've read they're focusing on the few things that could've been a trade for the quality and durability of the c41, such as unsprung weight. of course everyone wants that shaft drive efficiency, so i'm sure the drivetrain will be a masterpiece. go corally!
Old 09-10-2002, 01:38 PM
Regional Moderator

Originally posted by seaball
what really gets me is how many people feel comfortable buying the "copy".
Its all about the advertising! What you have to realize is that many local level racers had no idea the C4.1 even existed. When I ran mine, most people asked "hey, is that that new Xray?" Was it because they like the Xray better.....nope! Its because thats the one they saw the most in RCCA. Yeah, Corally ran ads now and then, but nothing like the ads Hudy and Xray ran. To go along with these ads, they gave it a catchy name like "the first luxury touring car" Thats why ad execs get paid so much, to get people to notice their companies product.

So many people bought the Xray not because they thought it was better, but because they knew more about the copy than the original.

anyway.....

You guys are too patient.....I say we storm CorallyUSA headquaters and demand they show the prototype!!!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

I understand all of you feelings Dark. You do not understand how hard it was not to run out of Constant's hotel room with it and race it this weekend. Also it won't help to storm Corally U.S.A Headquarters since the car is on it's way back to Holland as we speak. We were all talking about how we were going to promote the car for advertising and there were alot of great ideas. People will know what this car is!!!!!!! It is also hard to time the release date and the advertising schedule since the press has such a long lead time. We are not having any more delays than Associated did with their TC3 (It is alot less) or Losi did with some of their cars. Word just leaked out early that they were starting the design process too soon. You have to understand that Constant has been burned once in a big way. If it were you would you let it happen again. There is soo much time and money in the design and quality of this car that it is not fair to him to not get the reward. Sure others will copy this new car at some point (they would be crazy not to) but why not control the damage a little bit. I have a gut feeling that you will start to see some spy shots at some time soon since they are doing the final round of testing in the next few weeks. I know how you all feel and I don't have the new car myself but, I will wait like the rest of you and dream about it in my sleep.

Jeff Antle
Team Corally U.S.A
Old 09-10-2002, 04:04 PM
Tech Adept

Talking

Hanging out for the new car, probably won't make me a faster driver, but hey I can't get any slower. I brought the C4 then the upgrade to C4.1 because it looked/was super trick and wasn't what everybody else (the one's sufferng car of the week syndrome)had. I am confident the new car will be enhance Corally's reputation.

The best in life is worth waiting for!

Cheers
Old 09-10-2002, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

I've been patient waiting for the new car because i drive for the Corally distributor here in Australia, so i'm not just going to go and change brands....

Over the years here in Australia the Corally C4.x has been very popular, good avertising and distributor support, the car has also been very sucessfull, Australia has had 2 National Titles that included Touring cars and the Corally C4.x's won both!

There are alot of people waiting for the new car here in Australia so Constant's/Corally's efforts will be rewarded i'm sure.
Old 09-11-2002, 03:48 PM
Regional Moderator

JANTLE: I feel you....I feel you.....

Man, so I missed the chance to storm the headquarters huh? Dang! I guess I don't have any choice but to wait now huh?hehehe
Old 09-12-2002, 04:28 AM
Tech Fanatic

Corally has spent alot of time and money on this new car and it shows!!!!!!!!! The technology and craftsmanship in the car is second to none.
So basically you are releasing a xray then! Rick
Old 09-12-2002, 05:10 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Rick Draper
So basically you are releasing a xray then! Rick
i even rate a Tamiya 414 above an xray
Old 09-12-2002, 06:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

i even rate a Tamiya 414 above an xray
lol so you shud do as the 414 is the current world champ! If corally want more people to use there car then they at least need some factory teams and far better support, I dobute there is one C4.1 racing in the BRCA nationals this year, as opposed to the many Xrays. Rick
Old 09-12-2002, 11:07 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

The truth to the matter is- Xray has great products, great marketing and great support.... but still is only a copy of the Corally.
Old 09-12-2002, 04:33 PM
Regional Moderator

Rick: You don't neccesarily need racing teams to get people to buy your car. HPI sold the RS4pro and Pro 2 in huge numbers before they ever fielded a serious racing team.

Besides, Xray may have a more drivers, but their no closer to beating the huge teams fielded by Associated, Losi, and Yokomo, then Corally is. The only company that fields a small racing team that still competes with the big teams, is Schumacher. And even then their probably afraid to win too much, because they know sooner or later, their best driver will get a bigger $$$ offer from the other teams then Schumacher is willing to pay.(Its happened to them before!) The same would happen to Corally or Xray's drivers if they started winning big international races instead of just races in Europe. Because, as we all know, Associated, Losi and Yokomo don't have enough sponsored people!

Anyway, I know I don't have any beef with Xray's products. Corally trusted the wrong people and it cost them. They learned from it and moved on. They also learned that simply having a good car isn't good enough, you have to blow your own horn, advertise, offer gimmicks like "official membership cards" or whatever, give your products neat names like "luxury touring car" and a free set up system and tools doesn't hurt sales either! It may all be B__S____ to most people with common sense, but B___S____ sells to the masses!

I still can't believe no one has taken the time to copy Xray's battey hold down system. Hell if its okay to take what you like from other companies cars, I would take it!

Last edited by Darkseid; 09-12-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Old 09-12-2002, 05:38 PM
Tech Adept

Wow, you guys are still on the Xray copy thing. Are you saying it is a copy cause it looks similar? Or because you have held the two next to each other and compared design peice by peice. Well I have done just that, and the only thing that can be considered a copy is the center pulley\one way. Many cars use pivot ball suspension so please get past that. The rear on the xray hubs have adjustment (corally doesn't). The corally had adjustable wheelbase incorporated into their kits after Xray had it in theirs. Xray diffs fully enclosed (corally?). the bulkheads are very similar, but then again so are Tamiyas. Upper deck not close. Center point steering(same essentially).Chassis Xray is diff and battery hold downs coolest in industry. shocks are the same but hey they came from Serpent anyway. Shock towers not the same (more adjustment on Corally). I'm done babbling, but in a nuthsell let it go.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.