Search
Like Tree7828Likes

Kyosho Mini-Z Series

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2020, 11:35 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Pembalap_amatir
Hi, EMU
Does the clone dasmikro asf board will work too with ex-5ur ASF version transmitter???
The steering servo wires (3 of them, if you're converting from MR02) are not the same order as Kyosho. If you wire it up and the steering slams hard to one side, re-arrange the order.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 02:10 PM
LJH
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Question, The fastener holes for the T-Plate on my Stock car and pretty close to the end of their life so I am getting close to having to replace the chassis. Is there a distinct performance advantage to the PN 2.5 Chassis? As for bodies I run this chassis at 94mm and run a F360GTC, 575GTC, and a C5R I am guessing I will not have issue with this bodies but I imagine I cannot run a Lotus Europa body with the 2.5? Can I just switch everything from my MR03RWD chassis right into the 2.5? I do not need to run the PN front end correct?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 06:07 PM
Tech Adept

I like the PN 2.5 because the batteries are easier to remove. Didn't see a major performance improvement. You will be limited to wide bodies.The MP12c barely fits with some trimming on the body clips.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by LJH
Question, The fastener holes for the T-Plate on my Stock car and pretty close to the end of their life so I am getting close to having to replace the chassis. Is there a distinct performance advantage to the PN 2.5 Chassis? As for bodies I run this chassis at 94mm and run a F360GTC, 575GTC, and a C5R I am guessing I will not have issue with this bodies but I imagine I cannot run a Lotus Europa body with the 2.5? Can I just switch everything from my MR03RWD chassis right into the 2.5? I do not need to run the PN front end correct?

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
if you just want to repair the fastener holes and continue using the same chassis then this
helicoil helicoil
kit has worked great for me.

when it comes to raw on track performance PN chassis will always be faster specially on the smooth side of RCP. you can transfer all your RWD electronics as well as RWD front suspension directly onto the pN chassis. Ive never owned a 575 but from memory 360 and C5 are both originally MR-02 bodies so they will fit the wider pn cassis.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 07:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH

Thanks.

Cheers,
Jim
Have you looked into one of these? I solved that problem once with one.
mugler and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-18-2020, 09:29 PM
Tech Addict

I hope I can win this auction. Seems like it had plenty of atomic parts on it. With no pcb board installed,it should be less appealing to some people.

BTW, what is the damper setup om this chassis? Is there any advantage of running this over a traditional disc damper setup ?
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-18-2020, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by superfly05
Have you looked into one of these? I solved that problem once with one.
👍
So long as the other necessary chassis holes to mount this piece are also not stripped this will be the quickest fix since your running 94mm only on that chassis.
the helicoil tool can fix any stripped hole on the chassis or top plate . In my experience if using MR-03 style front suspension it is essential to helicoil the two front clip holding holes on the chassis and use machined screws for a positively tightened screw...even a partially stripped hole which happens with less than 10 front clip swaps for different bodies ( coarse screws + soft plastic) in that area causes uneven front spring tension from right to left making the car never handle at its best.

AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 08:50 AM
LJH
Tech Master

This is my second chassis so it has gone through a number of configurations in the almost 24 months I have had it. I do use the aluminum T-Bar clamps on a couple of my cars but this chassis has the 3Racing adjustable fulcrum T-Bar mount that still used screws going into the plastic. I have had a bunch of Tamiya plastic tub 1:10 scale so I know how to be careful of plastic threads but over time they do wear.

With that said I never thought about Helicoils at this size, I used them fairly often when attaching hardware to carbon masts and booms on race boats but they were always in the M6+ size range. I just checked and if I want to wait M2 Helicoil kits are very reasonably priced since they come from China....If I do not want to wait they are quite expensive.

I may just order up a kit from China and get a new Kyosho chassis in the mean time but be prepared when it happens next time.

I am guessing from the replies the PN2.5 does not offer any real performance advantages?

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 09:55 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by LJH
I am guessing from the replies the PN2.5 does not offer any real performance advantages?

Cheers,
Jim

I would say it does offer real performance advantages, but it's not like a night and day difference. The material is very nice, and wiring is straightforward and easy. It's a little easier to get the batteries in and out. The CG is probably slightly lower. Hard-wiring transponders is easy with forward solder points.

Disadvantages: more exposed PCB cover allows RCP and tire dust to collect. Chassis is slightly too wide to fit a McLaren 12C without modification.

If I were replacing a chassis like you are, I would choose a PN chassis. I don't know that I would buy a PN chassis just to replace a perfectly good Kyosho chassis.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 10:30 AM
LJH
Tech Master

Originally Posted by superfly05
I would say it does offer real performance advantages, but it's not like a night and day difference. The material is very nice, and wiring is straightforward and easy. It's a little easier to get the batteries in and out. The CG is probably slightly lower. Hard-wiring transponders is easy with forward solder points.

Disadvantages: more exposed PCB cover allows RCP and tire dust to collect. Chassis is slightly too wide to fit a McLaren 12C without modification.

If I were replacing a chassis like you are, I would choose a PN chassis. I don't know that I would buy a PN chassis just to replace a perfectly good Kyosho chassis.
Good info here, thanks.

Hearing that the 12C does not fit perfectly makes me wonder if the F360GTC will fit, I am thinking not.

Cheers,
Jim
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 04:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

Got my motor back from Kennon Hobbies. They said nothing was wrong with it and sent me a video of my supposed motor tested on their track. They sent me some wire for free to try so after looking at "Mini_z RC" youtube channel I wired it the same configuration he used and it ran no problem. It wasn't working when I sent it out but the important thing is now I don't have a $50 paper weight.

Billy Kelly and AlvBo like this.
Old 03-19-2020, 05:37 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
Got my motor back from Kennon Hobbies. They said nothing was wrong with it and sent me a video of my supposed motor tested on their track. They sent me some wire for free to try so after looking at "Mini_z RC" youtube channel I wired it the same configuration he used and it ran no problem. It wasn't working when I sent it out but the important thing is now I don't have a $50 paper weight.
did you send them a video of what it was doing
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

No, I didn't think to do so and they never asked me to. I will next time.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-19-2020, 06:32 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by aaron joy
No, I didn't think to do so and they never asked me to. I will next time.
You still could. Even if it’s just so they can see what it was doing in case they get another.
AlvBo likes this.
Old 03-20-2020, 08:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

I can't now, It came back working so all is well.

My two cents on the PN chassis tho I've only had it for two weeks it just feels better. I believe it helped my confidence going quicker thru big sweeping turns with less worries of traction rolling.
AlvBo likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.