Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Spec-R R1

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 07:21 AM
Tech Initiate

I don't know about the Revento Pro, but I have a Reventon R and the brakes take half a second to engage, so when I was using it I'd always over shoot my corners. Maybe it was just a programming issue though, as I don't have the programming box.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:11 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I read a message on the TQRC site stating that a new 'S2' model would be coming out at the end of the month. I'm pretty excited to see what changes Spec-R has made to the new model.

Originally Posted by PEEKracing
So was just looking into assembling a CVTA on an S1 so as to race two classes next season, but all the S1s seem to be out of stock. Does anyone know if they're planning another production run, or is the car finito?
Old 03-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by DBM
I read a message on the TQRC site stating that a new 'S2' model would be coming out at the end of the month. I'm pretty excited to see what changes Spec-R has made to the new model.
Hmm... Interesting. You got a link to that? I can't find it.

I'm wondering what they've changed?
Old 03-17-2014, 09:53 AM
DBM
Tech Fanatic

I not sure if you can see it without being logged in to the forum. I did a screen capture of the page. .... I'll try to attach the photo from my phone.

Originally Posted by .crispy
Hmm... Interesting. You got a link to that? I can't find it.

I'm wondering what they've changed?
Attached Thumbnails Spec-R R1-screenshot_2014-03-17-10-50-48.png  
Old 03-17-2014, 11:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
I not sure if you can see it without being logged in to the forum. I did a screen capture of the page. .... I'll try to attach the photo from my phone.
Interesting.

I wonder if they'll be bringing out an R2. I've only just got the Pro Spec

I'm not sure there's really much to improve on the S1. It was pretty much perfect as far as budget cars go.
Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
Interesting.

I wonder if they'll be bringing out an R2. I've only just got the Pro Spec

I'm not sure there's really much to improve on the S1. It was pretty much perfect as far as budget cars go.
maybe metal shock bodies and aluminum wheel hexes and improved ball cups and steering rack? about the only things I've seen thru this thread that need improvement
Old 03-17-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by k_bojar
maybe metal shock bodies and aluminum wheel hexes and improved ball cups and steering rack? about the only things I've seen thru this thread that need improvement
I didn't have any issues with the plastic shock bodies.

The ball cups are awful so that would be good.

The steering rack and hexes aren't going to improve without a price increase. The beauty of the original was its price. It was a good kit that you could slowly upgrade if you wanted.
Old 03-17-2014, 12:49 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by daveaustin5
I didn't have any issues with the plastic shock bodies.

The ball cups are awful so that would be good.

The steering rack and hexes aren't going to improve without a price increase. The beauty of the original was its price. It was a good kit that you could slowly upgrade if you wanted.
I understand the point of the car. I was just saying if they're releasing a S2 - then these should be cheap updates ($11/4 shock bodies, $6 wheel hexes - retail/internet, so manufacturer costs should be less)

maybe some updated suspension pins

other then that, I have no point of reference since I'm still waiting on my S1 kit to get here from HK... found it for a steal on ebay w/free shipping - but obiviously, its SLOOOOOWW free shipping
Old 03-17-2014, 01:40 PM
Tech Regular

S2 interesting. Wonder if there will be an R2 as well?
Old 03-17-2014, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by mrjudd77
S2 interesting. Wonder if there will be an R2 as well?
Why wasn't the Pro Spec the R2?

I hate inconsistent naming schemes...
Old 03-17-2014, 02:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey guys, just a heads up that I'm going to have at least one used R1 for sale soon, probably two (one original and one Pro Spec). Both will be rollers with some spare parts. I'll make a post within a week.
Old 03-17-2014, 02:58 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DBM
I've been playing around with the car a bit more to try to find the reason(s) behind the inconsistent centering, as well add trying to remove more play from the steering. The kimbrough servo saver fits very loosely on the splines. ... I'm sure this would cause some/all of the problem. Too bad, cause the servo saver seems to function decently. ...firm, but not too firm.
I removed the 0.2mm shims from the steering and replaced them with 0.3mm ones which helped a bit, but there is still a lot of play in the smaller 3mm ID bearings.
I used the"plastic bag" method of taking up play in a couple ball cups, and swapped out the servo saver for a plastic servo arm that was supplied with the kit. The servo am is a tiny bit longer, so gives a bit more steering throw, which my car needed.
I'd like to try the inner holes on the steering blocks, but it results in the tie rods hitting the sway bar links....grrrr. That is a bit of a design oversight methinks.
I had an R1 that was wandery and would not center. What fixed it was. 3 racing 416 rack
Old 03-17-2014, 03:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Smile

I was going to order a few fancy red pieces but when I got the email response, I thought I'd wait it out and see what is diff, changed, updated... maybe order the S2 instead... I really like the car, did break the steering but put another plastic set in with a servo saver and no issues since.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:08 PM
Tech Regular

thinner and a more narrow chassi, and thinner topdeck is probably the new parts on the s2
Old 03-17-2014, 05:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Lowered towers? Don't know what else it needs.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.