Search
Like Tree19Likes

Serpent Cobra GT-E

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2013, 08:41 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
What did you use to lock it?
I packed it full of modeling clay. It does not budge a millimeter. Also easy to clean out later if I change my mind.
Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got my rear diff housing assembled and its cogging a bit I used one shim
Is this normal until breakin or is it too tight??
Old 08-29-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Regular

Never mind it was a casting burr in the diff housing dremel fixed it
Old 08-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Tech Regular

Ok getting pissed now, I'm about to take the rear diff case apart for the third time. When I assemble it and tighten the hinge pin bracket screws the ring gear rubs the inside of the diff housing. I have dremeled several casting nubs out already. Has anyone else seen this problem?? For a kit this expensive I shouldn't have 3+ hours into assembling the rear diff. Ridiculous
Old 08-30-2013, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by scooby61
Ok getting pissed now, I'm about to take the rear diff case apart for the third time. When I assemble it and tighten the hinge pin bracket screws the ring gear rubs the inside of the diff housing. I have dremeled several casting nubs out already. Has anyone else seen this problem?? For a kit this expensive I shouldn't have 3+ hours into assembling the rear diff. Ridiculous
The ring gear most likely rubs on one of the 3 screws that hold the bearing in the diff case. Either remove the screw closest to the ring gear, or dremel it's head to be smaller.
Old 08-30-2013, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Julius
The ring gear most likely rubs on one of the 3 screws that hold the bearing in the diff case. Either remove the screw closest to the ring gear, or dremel it's head to be smaller.
Well to fix that will be taking it apart for the fifth time but ill try it. At this point I've dremeled casting nubs from the the diff housing then found one on the diff case that prevented the ring gear from seating flush. It got better with each Chang but at this point my fingers are raw and fore arms pumped from turning those screws.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Well to fix that will be taking it apart for the fifth time but ill try it. At this point I've dremeled casting nubs from the the diff housing then found one on the diff case that prevented the ring gear from seating flush. It got better with each Chang but at this point my fingers are raw and fore arms pumped from turning those screws.
You need a mini power drill.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:46 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow sounds like they may have had a bad parts run. Only thing I had to do was loosen up a few ball cups that were to tight.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by D.a.v.e
Wow sounds like they may have had a bad parts run. Only thing I had to do was loosen up a few ball cups that were to tight.
Front bulkhead screws hit me as well couldn't even drive 12mm in without stripping. So I got a 3mm tap and cured that. All the ball cups in the front are a little tight trying to decide if they will break loose with a little use or if I nee to loosen them. Overall I really like the designof the kit just a lot of fitment issues I haven't had these problems with my 10th scale serpents. The chassis ready for electronics now so a shakedown cruise will happen soon.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:10 PM
Tech Regular

And yes the ring gears were rubbing the bearing retainer screw so took the one out on the gear side hope this doesn't cause problems later
Old 09-02-2013, 04:14 AM
Tech Master

And yes the ring gears were rubbing the bearing retainer screw so took the one out on the gear side hope this doesn't cause problems later
It should not, especially in in road. However you can always reduce the head of the screw a little and put it back in.

It is very tight there, and it depends a little on the diff shimming if it touches.
Glad it is solved now.
Old 09-10-2013, 09:30 AM
Tech Regular

Wow got the cobra for some test runs on Sunday this chassis tunes in quick. Should be ready to race it this weekend. And the tekin rx8 and 2650 makes it a rocket ship. I can already see this car outhandles and is easier to tune than my gtv2. Plus weighs quite a bit less. Looks like the cobra is my new fav.
Old 09-10-2013, 04:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Wow got the cobra for some test runs on Sunday this chassis tunes in quick. Should be ready to race it this weekend. And the tekin rx8 and 2650 makes it a rocket ship. I can already see this car outhandles and is easier to tune than my gtv2. Plus weighs quite a bit less. Looks like the cobra is my new fav.
Is your GTV2 the Pro or RTR?
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Voltron989
Is your GTV2 the Pro or RTR?
It was rtr. But with the exception of the shock towers an shocks has been upgraded to pro
Old 09-12-2013, 08:45 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Voltron989: Thinking of running two cars next year like Bill?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.