Wiki Posts
Search

entry level 1/10 touring car?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2012, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Smile

Some people don't want to spend the time building a kit, and don't want to shell extra money for their Lhs to build. That's probably why they made rtr's in the first place. Also, nothing is eternal, and some want to Rc race for a few months for Fun, and not their entire life. This rtr part of the market is growing, and those of you who want to be pros should understand that too... The tc4 is great in all hands, unlike the belt counterparts that would not last long on the dust filled streets: not that great for a newbie testing on neighborhood streets... By the way, no newbie will ever outgrow a tc4 in less than three years! They all give up on the tc4 before then, because they can't get faster, not because the car can't get faster !!! Get it straight ok ! Most newbies follow so-called seasoned racers into the same pitfalls of never ending kit purchases, but that does not mean the old cars can't compete, just that nobody races them in mass, like they use to before, and nobody even bothers to see how they perform with the new electronics, lipos, and bodies of today. When all else is equal, the tc4 rtr does not need much to compete with the new t3's, t4's, tc6.1's, etc..... The extra cost of these new kits is not justified to me at all.....
Old 11-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Tech Addict

Give it a rest ok, we all know how much you love your toy car, and how your justifying your purchase to everyone. Get over it
Old 11-07-2012, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Luke Hobson
Give it a rest ok, we all know how much you love your toy car, and how your justifying your purchase to everyone. Get over it
Sounds to me more like mommy bought him it instead of a nice Xray for Chrismas and he's desperately trying to make it better so it doesn't seem like the crushing disappointment it really was.

If the TC4 is capable of competing with the TC6.1, Xray T3 and T4, etc etc, why is it only found in VTA?
Old 11-07-2012, 05:11 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Vostok 7
Sounds to me more like mommy bought him it instead of a nice Xray for Chrismas and he's desperately trying to make it better so it doesn't seem like the crushing disappointment it really was.

If the TC4 is capable of competing with the TC6.1, Xray T3 and T4, etc etc, why is it only found in VTA?
Enough with the bashing on Bert. We all have different opinions on which car works the best here and there, or for Jack or Jill. Don't make me close a thread that is full of great onroad newbie information, at this point in time!
Old 11-07-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I would hope that newbies don't get scared away by the time/money spent to build a kit, and that manufacturers would gradually make RTR's with 17.5t blinky so these newcomers could go straight to the track without having to add nothing else to their car, whether it's a serpent S411 rtr or tc4 rtr... It should be ready to run in any club and also the streets out of the box! Practice with good setup will put it on pace eventually, but at least more newbies will be tempted to come and run in Rc events.... I also want to thank the mod for keeping things moving forward....
Old 11-10-2012, 05:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Resqnu
This is my first TC and must say it exceeds my expectations. I have only run it in the street so far, but this car is a blast! Can't wait to try it out on a road track. I really enjoyed the build and painting the TC body. Thought I would share a few pics.

My first TC as well Resqnu and I are neighbors. Here are some shots of TC6.1 and and my efforts at painting.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:36 PM
Tech Rookie

I'm trying to find a MUSTANG to match my 2011 I'm new to this and want something ready to go like the tmaxx All I can see at my local hobbie shop is a hpi fluxx is this a good one
Thanks
Old 11-14-2012, 03:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (82%+)

has any one heard how much the serpent s411 rtr going to be
Old 11-14-2012, 03:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

I predict 299 (so 250 from discount shops) as I'm seeing the S411-S for 175
Old 11-14-2012, 04:56 AM
Tech Master

I'm really curious to see what the Xray T4R will look like, IF they release such a thing, of course.

The T2Rs and T3Rs I drove on occasion were crazy good out of the box. They've impressed me every time. I've seriously seen a guy on nimh's with 4 different tires ON PURPOSE (don't ask) installed on his T2R, and believe me the guy was far from ridiculous lap-time wise. Just barely believable.

A few months ago some guy had difficulties with his car he just bought (slighlty used T3R with nice 13.5 sensored combo) and after I did a quick check I noticed everything was off, radio settings, shock building, gear ratio, ESC end points, CVD pin loose, you name it. The car was otherwise in really nice condition. I insisted on helping him, and I wrenched with the guy for like 2 hours, explaining everything that was wrong, reverted everything to settings from the manual.

After that he put his car on the track and BAM ! Instant MISSILE ! I tried the car and after 5 corners, started pushing it. It was THAT easy to drive. Way easier than my photon at the time. The guy was super happy.