Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree389Likes

JConcepts Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2012, 03:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 114 (100%+)

Jconcepts awsome company, mispackeged body and they sent me out the correct one right away for me, excellent customer service switched all my bodies to Jconcepts for their excellent service.. Thanks
Old 01-21-2012, 04:24 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xtraman122
Orange is the second hardest, only white is harder. They're meant for high temp conditions on blue/black groove. Not very soft at all.
Exactly.. so they shouldn't be sold as soft on towers site...anyway to help them? Maybe paragon lol.. or should maybe try to get tower to help cause they say soft orange?
Old 01-21-2012, 10:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Mugen Eco

Curious if you have plans of releasing a Hi-Flow body for the Eco?

if so, when?

I'm a bit jealous of the nitro drivers
Old 01-21-2012, 10:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 104 (100%+)

Well if you never had an issue mountin the wings to a Kyosho then you probably didn't put it on one. They line up great for he 44 and 4 but the rb5 mounts are wider and they are right on the crease so u have to bend them a little. I just wish they would have came with the punisher for the rb5 too instead of just the finnisher when the new kit came out.

Last edited by Ostach24; 01-22-2012 at 09:39 AM.
Old 01-21-2012, 10:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Anyone have issues with the new J Concepts mono wheels? I bought 2 full sets of barcodes blue and green compound and decided to use these new wheels. I run a kyosho RB5 wc and and when I tried to install these the front wheels rubbed on the hub and would not spin freely and with the rear rims I was only able to see 2 threads of my axle. Not enough to secure the rim to the car. I am certain I purchased the correct rims JCI3348 and JCI3347. They say it will work with RB5 and B4 hex cars. $60 in tires glued to rims I can't use! waste!
Old 01-22-2012, 04:55 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation

dear jconcepts body design team,
on behalf of rally fans out there,
please make rally car bodies that would fit
4wd short course trucks using short course
wheels and tires. subaru hatchback or sedan
prefered of course... proline's version of a
rally body is a joke.

THANK YOU.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:22 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by jdearhart
I asked this same question over on the B44.1 thread but figured I might get a quicker response here.

I'm working on a dirt oval project that is B44/B44.1 based and was curious to know if the front and rear driveshafts from the BJ4 are the same lengths as the B44/B44.1? JConcepts has an aluminum set and I'm trying to shave all of the weight I can, especially rotating weight.
Some of the changes from the BJ to the B44 were going with CVA from CVD. Along with the different Slipper. I think with some work, you might get them to work, but not a direct replacement.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:23 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by tnt2671
whats the release date for the 22t punisher? cant wait
We don't have a firm date, But it is in the works.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:26 AM
J_P
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by AlanHall
Was wondering if any one has used the orange short course barcode? I ordered these from tower thinking they were just a step over supersoft.. thinking they might last a little longer. Tower listed them as soft.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAGCE&P=7 but now I seen blue-softs released.. these gonna be garbage? Lol
As it has been answered, the Orange is more of a summer heat type compound. However, there are times when it is used on the front to take away a small amount of traction when the front end is too twitchy running Green. Give them a try, you might have found something you like.
Old 01-23-2012, 08:27 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tnt2671
whats the release date for the 22t punisher? cant wait
Soon...Waiting on decals

Was wondering if any one has used the orange short course barcode? I ordered these from tower thinking they were just a step over supersoft.. thinking they might last a little longer. Tower listed them as soft.. http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXAGCE&P=7 but now I seen blue-softs released.. these gonna be garbage? Lol
They are actually considered soft, but they are a different rubber compound made for blue/black groove warm/hot surfaces. I can see how their description can be a little miss leading though.

Curious if you have plans of releasing a Hi-Flow body for the Eco?

if so, when?
Not at this time.

Anyone have issues with the new J Concepts mono wheels? I bought 2 full sets of barcodes blue and green compound and decided to use these new wheels. I run a kyosho RB5 wc and and when I tried to install these the front wheels rubbed on the hub and would not spin freely and with the rear rims I was only able to see 2 threads of my axle. Not enough to secure the rim to the car. I am certain I purchased the correct rims JCI3348 and JCI3347. They say it will work with RB5 and B4 hex cars. $60 in tires glued to rims I can't use! waste!
We have run these wheels on the RB5 while using the standard track width in the front. If you run the narrow setup in the front, the wheel will rub. We have run the rear wheel with great success, but you need to use a 4mm serrated wheel nut. Many companies make these including JConcepts .

dear jconcepts body design team,
on behalf of rally fans out there,
please make rally car bodies that would fit
4wd short course trucks using short course
wheels and tires. subaru hatchback or sedan
prefered of course... proline's version of a
rally body is a joke.

THANK YOU.
Thank you
Old 01-23-2012, 08:36 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 112 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PW
4mm serrated wheel nut. Many companies make these including JConcepts .

Thank you
Those are very nice, I picked up 2 sets, great quality, nuts!
Old 01-23-2012, 08:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Ostach24
Well if you never had an issue mountin the wings to a Kyosho then you probably didn't put it on one. They line up great for he 44 and 4 but the rb5 mounts are wider and they are right on the crease so u have to bend them a little. I just wish they would have came with the punisher for the rb5 too instead of just the finnisher when the new kit came out.
Maybe you received the wrong wing, miss packaged? We make a direct fit Kyosho wing #0116 and it has a wider mounting base strictly for the Kyosho. I made the mold for the wing, so I can assure you I have mounted a few wings onto the Kyosho car . I've never had to bend the mounts to make the wing fit the marked holes on our wing.

Here is a pic of the #0116 wing I mounted last week onto the new RB5 WC kit to confirm fitment on the newest kit. We have also just finished a new Hi-Clearance wing #0125 for the RB5 series cars that uses the same wing mounting locations.
Attached Thumbnails JConcepts Thread-kyo_wing.jpg   JConcepts Thread-kyo_wing_hi.jpg  
Old 01-23-2012, 09:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

sweet cant wait to run the new finisher body on my WC
Old 01-23-2012, 09:28 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Mxer59
Jconcepts awsome company, mispackeged body and they sent me out the correct one right away for me, excellent customer service switched all my bodies to Jconcepts for their excellent service.. Thanks
Me too, got wrong body and they sent out the correct body! Excellent Customer Service. Sticking with Jconcepts from now on!!

Can't wait to order the 22T Punisher body and have Larry paint it up for me!
Old 01-23-2012, 10:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AlanHall
Exactly.. so they shouldn't be sold as soft on towers site...anyway to help them? Maybe paragon lol.. or should maybe try to get tower to help cause they say soft orange?
So I got these today. And the package does say soft-orange .. I ordered these on the 17th then on the 19th I see the normal blue soft released .. :-(

Is there any chemical to soften them maybe? Paragon or something?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.