Community
Wiki Posts
Search

sensored brushed motor the + and - bottom of can

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-2017, 02:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default sensored brushed motor the + and - bottom of can

i have a + and - thing on the bottom of my motor (adjustable timeing i think its called) i can move it by taking off the 3 screws and turning he can to the + or the -. i found that turning to the - makes it HOT, what does turning it to the + do? what is it anyways?
Old 01-20-2017, 08:56 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by masterfo
i have a + and - thing on the bottom of my motor (adjustable timeing i think its called) i can move it by taking off the 3 screws and turning he can to the + or the -. i found that turning to the - makes it HOT, what does turning it to the + do? what is it anyways?
It initiates the flux capacitor just don't go over 88 miles per hour and you'll be alright.
Old 01-20-2017, 09:17 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Brushless motor timing explained.
Old 01-20-2017, 02:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by MarkA
i asked to explain not to give me a site to read from, obviously i tried to learn it myself before asking the question and stilll dont understand
Old 01-20-2017, 02:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

i asked to explain not to give me a site to read from, obviously i tried to learn it myself before asking the question and stilll dont understand
And I explained it to you hit 88 mph and say hello to Biff.no make like a tree and scram McFly!

And you have like 8 threads on the first page asking about the same build ,your the MASTERFO so far I have only seen you master the art of asking questions.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:04 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by rannblod
And I explained it to you hit 88 mph and say hello to Biff.no make like a tree and scram McFly!

And you have like 8 threads on the first page asking about the same build ,your the MASTERFO so far I have only seen you master the art of asking questions.
yes i am more questions = more knowledge not only for the person asking the question but also to the person who can answer that question. I had 0 knowledge of the RC world in the beginning of this month and through this forum i learned a LOT. i mostly research and learn all this stuff by myslef, but since im low in time, im asking as much as i can. the thing im making is too complex and so i gata know what to look for when something goes wrong u know what i mean? thats why all those posts r for, to narrow down the problem. im stressed af and gatta learn all this stuff asap
Old 01-20-2017, 06:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

anways my motor had the can turned to the negative mark and was overheating, i turned it to the middle mark and its still overheating, what will happen if i turn it to the positive end? is my motor broken? like thats what im trying to figure out.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:12 PM
Tech Fanatic

anways my motor had the can turned to the negative mark and was overheating, i turned it to the middle mark and its still overheating, what will happen if i turn it to the positive end? is my motor broken? like thats what im trying to figure out.
Man to be honest I have no clue what your building... the overheating could be coming from a number of things like esc settings,gearing,the weight of your vehicle..
Old 01-20-2017, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

You're trying to do something with these products that 1) isn't there intended purpose. And 2) Is something that almost all of us are unfamiliar with. So show a little more respect and a little less attitude towards the people trying to help you. Especially our Mod staff.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Man to be honest I have no clue what your building... the overheating could be coming from a number of things like esc settings,gearing,the weight of your vehicle..
it basically a rc car but controlled with an arduino, the car is less than 2 pounds excluding the motors and esc (using 2 atm) so i have no clue why its overheating. thats y i want to know, if i have a sensored motor, what will turning the can of the motor to the + do?
Old 01-21-2017, 12:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by racer1812
You're trying to do something with these products that 1) isn't there intended purpose. And 2) Is something that almost all of us are unfamiliar with. So show a little more respect and a little less attitude towards the people trying to help you. Especially our Mod staff.
yes i understand. im just so frustrated lately, i didnt even know it was a moderator honestly. i know my project, many are unfamaliar with, thats why i ask secific questions. like this one. if i have a sensored motor (some have a range of + and - on the bottom of the motor, timing i think its called) what does turning the can to the + side do? my robot is less than 2 pounds, so why is there any overheating at all u know what im saying? I reading something about horsepower and power or something, but dont get shit.
Old 01-21-2017, 01:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

yes i understand. im just so frustrated lately, i didnt even know it was a moderator honestly. i know my project, many are unfamaliar with, thats why i ask secific questions. like this one. if i have a sensored motor (some have a range of + and - on the bottom of the motor, timing i think its called) what does turning the can to the + side do? my robot is less than 2 pounds, so why is there any overheating at all u know what im saying? I reading something about horsepower and power or something, but dont get shit.
different robot?
http://<br /> http://www.rctech.net...-lb-robot.html
Old 01-21-2017, 02:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

na same robot, but the one im talking about in this thread is a test bot with 2 motors (main will have 6). testing my code basically. for motor/power questions, i use this forum. For electric/circuitry questions, i use another forum. For coding debugging, i use another forum, etc etc. learning as much as i can from smarties like u guys
Old 01-21-2017, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

na same robot, but the one im talking about in this thread is a test bot with 2 motors (main will have 6). testing my code basically. for motor/power questions, i use this forum. For electric/circuitry questions, i use another forum. For coding debugging, i use another forum, etc etc. learning as much as i can from smarties like u guys
Well as best I understand it, the timing on an electric motor is like overclocking a CPU. The + side of things increases total power and the - side decreases it.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:32 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

It is most likely over heating because of the stress you are putting on it.

I would try to find smaller gears coming from the motor to help control heat.

When you say over heating, is it really over heating? 150 deg is ok for brushless motors.

Are you running it with the Audrino or are you controlling the ESC with the Audrino?

If you are running it directly that is your problem because of the phases.

If this is what you want to do, then I would switch to brushed motors just for sake of being easy on a prototype build.

What size Brushless motor is it?

BTW the + increases RPM, the - increases torque.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.