Not really new.

Old 09-19-2011, 12:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Not really new.

Hey guys. My name is Jacques. Im not really new to RC. I have been into it for about a year. I bought a Team Associated Gt2 last Christmas because I thought that nitro rc cars were really cool. Since than, I have spent a little less than 100 dollars replacing defected parts. I have spent so many hours trying to start it. I finally did and broke in one tank. I got it to start on the second tank and the servo went crazy and later on found out I had a defected servo. I was just sick and tired that I just left it in my garage for half a year. I now realized that nitro is not my thing and want to move on to eletric. I want to get the eletric version of the Gt2 which is the T4.1 brushless beacuse I heard it is very good and it also preety cheap. What do you guys think?
Old 09-19-2011, 01:59 PM

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jeabajuice97 View Post
Hey guys. My name is Jacques. Im not really new to RC. I have been into it for about a year. I bought a Team Associated Gt2 last Christmas because I thought that nitro rc cars were really cool. Since than, I have spent a little less than 100 dollars replacing defected parts. I have spent so many hours trying to start it. I finally did and broke in one tank. I got it to start on the second tank and the servo went crazy and later on found out I had a defected servo. I was just sick and tired that I just left it in my garage for half a year. I now realized that nitro is not my thing and want to move on to eletric. I want to get the eletric version of the Gt2 which is the T4.1 brushless beacuse I heard it is very good and it also preety cheap. What do you guys think?

If you like the "stadium truck" type of class/look as opposed to the more popular short-course trucks, the T4.1 is a very good electric equivalent to the Gt2. The RTR version is a steal with what it comes with really.

Welcome to the world of electric reliability!
Old 09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
Tech Rookie

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Jeabajuice97 View Post
I have driven many nitro RC's. I tend to agree with your reasoning of wanting electric. There seemed to be often problems with Nitro vehicles. As for electric, I'm sure you will run into a problem sooner or later, just higher chances of ALOT LESS PROBLEMS! Im just talking from my experience. It's all in someones opinion. I bought the Team Losi xxxtcr truggy about 1 1/2 years ago and i LOVE it. You can buy the kit for a very fair price. One of the top buggy's right now is the Team Associated B44. I have owned this as well. In my opinion, Truggy's and 2WD is more my style because I had the B44 4WD for about 6 months and it didn't feel right no matter how much i tried to tune it. Hope this can somehow help!