Durable R/C Cars?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Durable R/C Cars?

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2007, 03:48 PM
Tech Rookie

Well, the servo isn't the only thing I've broken in them. Any reccomendations on what to replace it with? Or any other parts I should plan on upgrading if I do stick with the Evader? I'm not planning on doing much racing, so I don't really need the best stuff out there.

Also, I'm sure the warranty expeired on them awhile ago. I can't even remember when I got them...
Old 10-21-2007, 04:29 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Well i hate to break it to you... Your hitting things that u should not be or your jumping stuff thats way to big... Any 10th scale buggy or truck will break if abused. If your running on offroad tracks breakage is minimal. I raced 2 summers with my B4 without a broken part. This summer the only thing that happen to my XXXCR was a pin came loose in the cvd(my stupid mistake)

If your looking to abuse something look at:
Savage 4.6(or any of the 4-6versions they have)
Savage electric truck
TMAXX
TMAXX ELECTRIC
Old 10-21-2007, 06:42 PM
Tech Apprentice

traxxas is the cheapest one to go with. traxxas is mainly a basher company(except for the revo wich has won rora events but still is tough). i would not go with losi or associated cause there race companys and you dont need that. yet also overall they are more expensive. i would not rule out hpi. i can not have a judement with them cause i have not tried them out.

my worst crashes with my rustler were a full on hit to a brick wall and a 30 foot cliff jump and while in midair(30 foot jump)hit a tree and rolled about 5 times.
Old 10-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Originally Posted by morris
that was prolly one of those all mighty traxas cars that they built....be lucky.

i have seen to many break for the simplest reasons.
Lol ya i agree i dad has a traxxas and he barly drives it bcz something always reaks so he got a savy and he love's it.
Old 10-23-2007, 12:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

mate you cant go past a losi micro baja or t. they are virtully unbreakable. all parts are cheap as
Old 10-23-2007, 09:57 AM
Tech Addict

durable rc cars??? hhhmmm, let me think.. is there such a thing??? it basically boils down on how hard you run (or crash) your car... = very subjective.
all cars tend to break when you crash hard. then there's what they call "parts support"
each and everyone's opinion on durability would somehow count but to think we don't know how each one drive.
i could say i've ran my truck for over a year and had yet to break a thing... but i mainly do road runs... does that count my truck as durable? i think not...
i've seen trucks that break every weekend, but this was clearing a double jump, soaring 8 feet high and landing on 1 tire, or belly up..., just my 0.2
Old 10-23-2007, 06:43 PM
Tech Regular

SAVAGE.