Search
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By GerryH

New Lunch Box - Power Query

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2021, 05:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default New Lunch Box - Power Query

Hi all, think I may be trawling all of these forums soon.
I have just taken delivery of a new Tamiya Lunch Box. All is built and running.

However, on switching direction from reverse to forwards, there is a lack of power coming through and you have to release the controller and try again. So for instance I am driving forwards, hit reverse (all good), and turn, but if I flip straight to accelerate forwards, there is nothing. No power, no forward movement. If I let the controller reset to resting position and then go again, all is fine. Is this something that is normal? (No experience with RC cars - treat me like an idiot) Or, have i got something connected incorrectly? The transmitter and receiver were pre-paired, so I have not touched these, and speed and turning appear to be as I would expect. A simple slow drive backwards followed by immediately pressing forwards gives nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ta

EU-105BK with Absima SR2S. From reading it appears the ESC is set to forwards/brake/reverse. Is there a way to remove the breake function and have reverse?

Last edited by tireddad; 01-26-2021 at 07:47 AM.
Old 01-29-2021, 04:30 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

You shouldn't be able to go from forward to reverse without braking. And it's probably also not going to allow you to go from reverse to forward without braking. Some ESC make this possible, but it can easily damage the drivetrain. Just need to get into the habit of reverse, brake, forward.
IndyRC_Racer likes this.
Old 02-01-2021, 11:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Here is link for the Tamiya ESC TEU-105BK...https://www.tamiyausa.com/shop/elect...105bk-brushed/

On that webpage, click on the red circle with a down arrow to download the manual (in English). According to the manual, you CAN turn off reverse, but you CANNOT turn off brake.