Community
Wiki Posts
Search

4 strokes for racing

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2004, 12:51 AM
Tech Elite

go to their website (published above) - they have pics and a movie.

Price is around 5 grand
Old 03-29-2005, 12:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Back OT...?

I just found this thread and I figured I'd chip in... since I will be racing a 4 stroke against big block 2 strokes this season.

I have a very modified OS FS52 and a Traxxas Revo. A big race series where I live (Northwest Championship Tour) has an unlimited MT class which allows single cylinder 2 or 4 stroke engines of any size!! Last year, every round sold out, averaging more than 200 entries per round over 6 rounds. This year there are only 5 rounds, the first is already sold out! Good thing I got my entries in already.

I'm trying to get it finished in time for the first race on April 16th. My Revo project thread is here:
http://www.rcccs.com/index.php?showtopic=683
Latest pics are on page 4.

I'm also racing my 4 stroke stadium truck (Kyosho Ultima ST Type R with an FS26-C) in local club races this season. So far, in the first race of the year, I have 1 win. I can't wait for the next race!!
The thread for the stadium truck project is here:
http://www.rcccs.com/index.php?showtopic=574
Old 03-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I think the EPA will shut down 2 strokes, they've hit waverunners, now they are on weed-eaters and other small engines. I think 4 stockes would drive up cost though
Old 03-29-2005, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

If that is true, the EPA will have to shut all r/c (glow fuel) engines down since they all require lubricant to be in the fuel. 4 stroke glow engines smoke just as much or more (higher oil content) than 2 strokes.