Wiki Posts
Search

new to heli

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I just got a heli to try out,for the first time, I've flown real helicopters in the past so hopefully flying a scale down version wont be as hard ( I hope)
Don't bet on that one! lol..... remember, your orientation never changes in the real bird. The first time the tail gets a bit out of control and swings around then left becomes right, right to left, forward to backward....all hell breaks loose. But damn is it fun!!
Old 10-27-2006, 06:35 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killingtime
Don't bet on that one! lol..... remember, your orientation never changes in the real bird. The first time the tail gets a bit out of control and swings around then left becomes right, right to left, forward to backward....all hell breaks loose. But damn is it fun!!
never though of that one!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:22 AM
Tech Fanatic

is that top pic a trex 1000 lol . Rc helis are not easy to fly.
Old 10-27-2006, 08:24 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GUNNA
is that top pic a trex 1000 lol . Rc helis are not easy to fly.
neither is a real one
Old 10-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins
what ever you do don't get the blade cp pro they are money pits
Funny thing is....they are ALL money pits. I bought the Blade CP Pro for my first heli. I've gone thru about two skid sets and 6 pair of blades in about 4 months....big deal! I'm using the carbon fiber blades now which are tough, they may be expensive but I would have spent more in wood blades if I would have stuck with them.
I recommend the Blade CP Pro. It has alot to offer for the price. Good luck to you with whatever you pick...and as everyone else says, BE PATIENT!!
Old 10-27-2006, 07:50 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
neither is a real one
Old 10-29-2006, 11:51 PM
TNB
Tech Adept

I spotted one today, so I had to capture it with my Nikon.

Old 10-30-2006, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

nice pic mate and nice heli.
Old 10-30-2006, 09:17 PM
TNB
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by GUNNA
nice pic mate and nice heli.
Thanks for the comment on the photo, but the heli isn't mine though I do own a Kyosho and a Venom heli.
Old 10-31-2006, 02:42 AM
Tech Fanatic

i would like a trex 600 but the cost of lipo's........
Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

I'm new to this forum, but not new to heli's. First find what most of the guys in youre area are flying. Second..... You get what you pay for.. If it's a cheep price, then It's a cheep heli. I've owned around 30 or 40 helis in my time. I just sold my t-rex se. I don't like flying small helicopters. I'm a expert 3d pilot, witch means I've crashed alot!!!!! The tiny elect helis are a bitch to work on. I prefer .50 size and bigger. DON"T buy cheep servos, they will couse more problems that there worth. Buy the best radio you can afford. You want something that has atleast 7 adjustment points in the throttle and pitch curves. Be prepared to spend money. It will be "thousands" before you will get comfertable flying. The smartes money you can spend is on a simulator. I have the great planes G3 sim. Horizon has a new sim out, I haven't flown it yet, But I havn't herd any positive feedbacks. I learned to fly before sims. I wish I had them back then. I trully think you should try the bigger nitro helis. You can get a 50 size relitivly inexpencive. Plus, the bigger they are, the easer they are to fly. A small electric heli doesn't like wind. The nitro ones are easer to do in the wind. If you are going to do a electric heli. get the T-rex. They have the best part support out there. If you have any questions, I wolud be happy to help. Just to let you know how difficulty they are to fly, lets say about 5 years ago I stopped counting crashes. That is when I hit 100 crashes. I was beginning to scare myself. I mostly fly 90 size birds. Average cost of a crash,,,,$450.00. If you get a 50 size bird an average crash is around $200.00. Thats if you fly with carbon blades. If you use wood blades (recomended for learning) youre crashes will be around $80.00. My T-rex crash was averaging $80.00 a crash, but I fly carbon blades. NEVER,NEVER,NEVER glue or epoxy parts back together. Buy new parts. And replace every bad bearing that feels ratchity. If you don't. this will cause high freq. noise. whitch will glitch the radio. In cars glitching causes a hickup, in helis it causes crashes. Do resurch before you buy...
Old 11-17-2006, 11:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

sorry i cannot help you here, i nevermessed with the electrics in fact i traded a custom built pc tower for the heli i have and it is a nitro and it is rtf.
Attached Thumbnails new to heli-heli-1.jpg   new to heli-heli-2.jpg  
Old 11-18-2006, 12:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lordraptor1
sorry i cannot help you here, i nevermessed with the electrics in fact i traded a custom built pc tower for the heli i have and it is a nitro and it is rtf.
I hope the PC's value is equivalent or close to the helicopter's. Looks nice, I love scale heli's. What is it, a Hirobo?
Old 11-21-2006, 11:17 PM
Tech Addict

yes it is a hirobo sceadu has the 50 tail boom but it is a 30, only 6 parts to make it a 50. i was looking at flying it someday but i cannot get a flight sim because i can only trade for one and all i have besides this is car stuff. also before i fly i am going to ditch the old futaba airplane radio for an actual 7 channel or better heli radio. then again with the problems i am having getting the stuff i need i may end up selling this one. i see a lot of forums on the web about people who like the handling charachteristics of the hirobo over the raptors, and since mrc is now the hirobo distributor parts should be just as plentiful in theh hobbyshops. the only drawback to this heli is first crash causing rotor damage is at least 150.00 if i have to replace the whole thing 400.00 that is why i want a g2 or g3 before i ever fly this the cost of the 3 blade rotor head (i was quoted 400.00+ dollars for the complete unit)
Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Tech Addict

yes the computer was worth a lot of money there was no extra video card in it (because the onboard supported 3.0 T&L and would run Solidworks and most current gamesi kind of miss it sitting here with it's custom airbrushed case but i have my Hopefully soon to be sli system

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.