Search

the WORST crash you ever had...

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 02:51 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by andyuk99
Sad news for all Model Flyers

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t257967p1/

I understand the cause was a TV Station using 2 numbers in the 35meg range.
damm thats crazy.......

the prettty much only crash i had today was wen i was trying to hover my twister bell 47 on a table and i dont realy know how to turn n stuff and i was going down and i clipped a chair and broke all the blades...all 4 and now i only got 3 good blades and 5 stuffed 1's
Old 05-19-2006, 12:33 PM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Was flying my World Models P-51 Mustang .40 sized plane with retracts. I just put down the retracts and was making my turn for my landing. I banked to right when it happened, I had no control of the plane and it went full throttle and kept banking right til it ended up hitting a tree dead center at full throttle. It made a horrible sound when it hit...........CRACK!!!!!!!!!!!! and that was all she wrote it was ready for the Hefty trash bag. Must say it sucked!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

my dad did something similar with a scale corsair, it was its first flight, and he hadn't really tested the controls, but these couple of old members talked him into taking it up, so he taxi'ed it around for a bit, and then went to take off, he starts climbing and all of a sudden it goes into this crazy barrel roll of death and spirals into the ground, absolutly demolished it, he had spent all kinds of time detailing it, did a nice airbrushed camo paint job, detailed cockpit, retracts, the works, and it only lasted like 20 seconds, needless to say, the two old guys felt pretty bad, lol,

not sure if he ever really figured out what the probelm was, he never really looked at it, LOL
Old 05-19-2006, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bobf24
my dad did something similar with a scale corsair, it was its first flight, and he hadn't really tested the controls, but these couple of old members talked him into taking it up, so he taxi'ed it around for a bit, and then went to take off, he starts climbing and all of a sudden it goes into this crazy barrel roll of death and spirals into the ground, absolutly demolished it, he had spent all kinds of time detailing it, did a nice airbrushed camo paint job, detailed cockpit, retracts, the works, and it only lasted like 20 seconds, needless to say, the two old guys felt pretty bad, lol,

not sure if he ever really figured out what the probelm was, he never really looked at it, LOL

dam....i woulda tried to hit the old guys 1st tho lol
Old 05-20-2006, 05:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by andyuk99
Sad news for all Model Flyers

http://www.runryder.com/helicopter/t257967p1/

I understand the cause was a TV Station using 2 numbers in the 35meg range.
wow. that is sad. just injurig someone would make you feel bad, but Killing 2 people? that is unimaginable.

i had a 300$ radiosystem, a futaba nevertheless, and one time it had a glitch! i was flying my foamy biplane, and was flying a few feet off the ground. then the glitch happened, and it fell the 4 feet, and ripped the tail off! oh well, nothing CA glue couldnt fix!
Old 05-20-2006, 06:28 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnathan
wow. that is sad. just injurig someone would make you feel bad, but Killing 2 people? that is unimaginable.

i had a 300$ radiosystem, a futaba nevertheless, and one time it had a glitch! i was flying my foamy biplane, and was flying a few feet off the ground. then the glitch happened, and it fell the 4 feet, and ripped the tail off! oh well, nothing CA glue couldnt fix!
u just gotta love CA dont ya....it fixes ANYTHING!!!
Old 05-20-2006, 07:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by ProudSavageOwnr
u just gotta love CA dont ya....it fixes ANYTHING!!!
Lol!!!
Old 05-21-2006, 01:04 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Johnathan
Lol!!!
lol literelly it does...

if u cant listen to ur gf wining just run some cA across her lips.....if u cant stand ur cat scratching at ur furniture just glue its feet to the floor....lol...theres hundreds of things u can do with CA....if u want ur teacher to be stranded at skool CA some pennies to the keyhole...millions of things u can do lol
Old 05-23-2006, 02:04 PM
Tech Addict

My friend crashed his gas power copter in the neighbours swimming pool. Wan't pretty.

Me, I've flown into trees, soccer net posts and made my plane into a lawn dart when the wings folded during flight.
Old 05-24-2006, 01:43 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Iceracer
My friend crashed his gas power copter in the neighbours swimming pool. Wan't pretty.

Me, I've flown into trees, soccer net posts and made my plane into a lawn dart when the wings folded during flight.
LMAO! @ the wings !
Old 06-08-2006, 06:51 AM
Tech Initiate

yah my worst crash was when i was at Amain raceway i was flying over a floresent lite that was haging down away from the seling and went to land on it and the counter rotating blades made so much roter wash that it was moving the lite. I was stupid trying to show off and try to land on the moving lite. my helli fell about 25 feet to the harden clay . and guse what i didnt break a singal thing
Old 06-15-2006, 02:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Sam3619
yah my worst crash was when i was at Amain raceway i was flying over a floresent lite that was haging down away from the seling and went to land on it and the counter rotating blades made so much roter wash that it was moving the lite. I was stupid trying to show off and try to land on the moving lite. my helli fell about 25 feet to the harden clay . and guse what i didnt break a singal thing

lmao.....ive fallen from around 4-5 metres high and landed either on concrete or grass with my twister bell 47 and i havnt broken anything....the only thing that would happen is the balancing bar would fall off thats all lol
Old 07-07-2006, 08:29 PM
Tech Rookie

the worst plane crash I've ever had was when i brought my extra 300 out to the field for the first time. I took off and started to trim everything when i started to get some interference. i finally got control of it and started to line it up to land (because i was about to shit myself) when the plane went full throttle and flew strait down into a concrete block you could describe it as a..."splash"

i cracked my os max 46 in 2
Old 07-08-2006, 09:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by chip
i cracked my os max 46 in 2
oh man, that stinks! lol. i got a cheep imitation of the os 46 for 50$ from my lhs, a pretty good deal. its a magnum engine. maybe you could get one of those, or shell out the 20 - 40 extra $ to get the OS version...

i was flying my new avistar (with a magnum 46) and experienced interference, too. i got ready to land, and one of the landing gear wheels falls off!!! luckily it was one of the back 2, not the front one. i landed, and put in aileron input to keep off of the missing wheel. i succesfully landed, but the plane stuck in something, and tilted down. thhhhhhwack!!!! the propellor broke into pieces, and the carb got tons of dirt in it.

i fixed it all, and now its running fine. it was funny to watch...
Old 07-13-2006, 01:54 AM
Tech Elite

LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.