Like Tree6Likes

SRT SERVOS

Old 04-15-2018, 05:28 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by hairymuffin View Post
<div align="left">I wish there were more feed back on the servos before I sign on with these servos. Being reliable is one thing but, I have a problem with sending them back to the UK for repair and what will be the turn around time? I see Tom Yardy from the UK uses them, but he drives 1/10, totally different animal compared to running them in 1/8 off-road </div>
<br />
<br />

We have sold about 50 BH9032&9037 1/8 servos and have yet to see 1 fail.
Old 04-15-2018, 11:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 99 (100%+)

Originally Posted by VPProUSA View Post
<br />
<br />

We have sold about 50 BH9032&9037 1/8 servos and have yet to see 1 fail.
yea but if they have failed, they wouldn’t come back to you for repairs. I guess my question can only be answered by trying a pair in a truggy for a beat down.. thanks
Old 04-16-2018, 05:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (97%+)

I wish there were more feed back on the servos before I sign on with these servos. Being reliable is one thing but, I have a problem with sending them back to the UK for repair and what will be the turn around time? I see Tom Yardy from the UK uses them, but he drives 1/10, totally different animal compared to running them in 1/8 off-road
<

It took about a year for me to strip gears in my JX brand servos, the number one reason why I switched to SRT was because finding replacement gear sets for JX servos was extremely difficult. Not saying that I expect SRT gears to strip, but what sold me was that DialedHobbies carries replacement gear sets for the SRT servos they sell. Earlier, Gene cautioned that folks should run slower servos in 1/8 cars to prevent stripping gears, and as a bonus I've found that running a slower servo has significantly improved my consistency as well.

As far as warranty goes (regardless of brand) chances are you'll only have a legitimate claim if it's DOA out of the box, if you cause any damage later on, then more than likely it was from abuse not covered under most manufacturer warranties. I learned this the hard way with Savox many years ago, also learned they have no service repair center for damages outside warranty, of which their pricing is not reflected properly for this lack in level of service.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:06 AM
Tech Master

<div align="left"><br />
yea but if they have failed, they wouldn’t come back to you for repairs. I guess my question can only be answered by trying a pair in a truggy for a beat down.. thanks</div>
<br />
<br />

Our customers tell us about every failure. We get Hobbywing and Trinity product complaints every month.
Old 07-10-2018, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Default My review on SRT BH9027

I have ran this servos in my HB D817 V2 and my HB E817 V2 from the start of this season. I have ran high end servos from sanwa and futaba in the past but wanted to try SRT this season due to their specs vs price compared to the other to brands.

I run SRT HV BH9027, torqe 25kg and speed 0.08s at 7.2V, both in steering and throttle/brake. I set them up as I did with my Sanwa servos, meaning that I run them in SSR mode on my M12S radio which is the quickest latencey mode, without and problems. Some say that you can only do that with sanwas own servos or you will destroy your servos. I tried BH9027 in SSR mode and they work fine, no buzzing, perfect centering and no gear stripping due to too high servo speed or wrecking the car in high speed. Have ran the servos in different tracks that has high speed sweepers, big jumps, smooth, bumpy, rough, loose, high bite, low bite and anywhere in between and the servos has never failed me. I have practiced 3-4 times a week if I'm not attending a race so the servos had been ran alot. I use Team Orion lipo reciver battery with 2500mah and I can run a whole practice session without switching reciver packs. A normal practice session for me is 2-4 hours active driving and I still have power left in the reciver pack.
I have the same feeling with these servos as I had with sanwa or futaba, the same spec or better than sanwa and futaba but SRT cost just a third of what the big names do. I'm not on a budget but I rather buy five SRT servos and have a few spares than buy five high end servos just to have the same specs as SRT but the name.
A few other racers at my track also run SRT and they have also never broken a SRT servo even if they abuse them harder than me.

Hope this can help out and to be clear, this is my findings and my experiance with this product and I'm not supported by SRT.
I run the equipment that I want because I pay for it myself!
pballer2777 likes this.
Old 06-04-2019, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

are these servos reliable?

SRT CH6035

they are only $75 at dialed RC seems like a excellent value for the specs...
Old 06-04-2019, 09:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by erc55 View Post
are these servos reliable?

SRT CH6035

they are only $75 at dialed RC seems like a excellent value for the specs...
We have only had 1 fail in 2 years of selling them - they are awesome. I use the BH9032 aluminum case servo.
Old 06-14-2019, 03:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am running SRT Servos now in my second Session. I used the 8015 in both 1/10 Buggys (2wd and 4wd). They worked very well and are extremely fast. I only twisted on gear but this was my own fault. It was my first 1/10 year and I crashed a lot.
Last year I used a BH 9022 and a BH 9027 in my 1/8 Nitro Buggy. I had no Issues with them but I saw some broken gears in the past year. I think the aluminum gears are to weak for Off-road racing. A good friend of mine is using a 927R since release and this Servo is very durable.
I chose the BH922R for this year in my Nitro. But I think I will switch to an BH927R for throttle/brake. The 922R and 927R have Steel /Titanium gears. They are very durable and last longer.
My personal recommendation for 1/8 Offroad are definitely the 922R and 927R.
VPProUSA likes this.