Search
Like Tree23Likes

Team Orion HMX10 esc

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2017, 11:36 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Medicinal Coma
Is anyone else having issues with their loaded profiles sticking? Each time I go out for the day I check the speedo and each time my loaded profile from the last time isn't loaded. It reverts back to the default profile. I have tried re calibrating, signing out and in , nothing makes the profiles stick ..........
With the newest Mod firmware I was confused at first also. When you hook the controller up to your phone, it will act like it connects but still displays the default settings. Click the middle of your settings wheel and it should then load the current speed control settings.
Old 10-31-2017, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

If I got the HMX, I would get as cheap an android phone as i could find and only for the sole purpose of setting up the HMX.

Question: Is there any sort of minimally spec'd phone I would need to get to run the app or can any android phone handle the task?
Old 10-31-2017, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Need help i just got this ESC mod version and bought LG phoenix 3 android phone but when i download HMX apps it says your device is not compatible. Anyone can tell which brands android that works for this APPS? Thank for advance
Old 10-31-2017, 10:54 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by raved007
Need help i just got this ESC mod version and bought LG phoenix 3 android phone but when i download HMX apps it says your device is not compatible. Anyone can tell which brands android that works for this APPS? Thank for advance
I don't think brand would matter, it's more than likely down to the android version on your phone. You may need to manually install a newer version if the carrier didn't offer the update
Old 10-31-2017, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I don't think brand would matter, it's more than likely down to the android version on your phone. You may need to manually install a newer version if the carrier didn't offer the update
How do manually download the new version?. I update the phone all apps and google
Old 10-31-2017, 11:40 AM
Tech Elite

How do manually download the new version?. I update the phone all apps and google
I really am not sure as I usually just stick with whichever updates my carrier pushes out. You might want to check out an Android forum on how to do it unless someone else here can chime in. On the Google Play store the app for the HMX10 states it requires Android 3.1 or later. So you might first want to see which version is on your phone.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:19 PM
Tech Apprentice

This is from the manual.

MOBILE DEVICES For wired connection Android devices must have OTG (On-The-Go) capability, this allows for direct device to device connections. Most Android devices have this feature, refer to you device manufacturer literature if you need further information... To connect the HMX ESC to your Android device, use the OTG Micro USB cable supplied with the ESC. Connect the cable to the Micro USB connector on the ESC and to your Android device. Note: the HMX will draw power from your Android device when it is connected with the cable. Make sure that the device’s battery is charged.
Old 10-31-2017, 05:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Does the Phoenix have On-The-Go capability? The manual says it needs it.
Old 10-31-2017, 08:15 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by archivist
Does the Phoenix have On-The-Go capability? The manual says it needs it.
I think not compatible this LG phoenix phone. My friend had HUAWEI phone and HMX APPS it works. I'm gonna return LG phoenix and get different brand devices.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:51 AM
Tech Master

Not all android phones work. I originally bought a cheap "Blu" phone from Best Buy. It was not compatible with the software. I was unable to get an answer from Orion/HMX as to why, but my best guess is because of the chipset on some of the cheaper phones. Most phones sold in stores use a Snapdragon chipset. The lower end phones will use something else just to keep cost down. I ended up finding a $5.00 Samsung S3. It even fit in the HMX carry case.
With all the above being said, I see the LG that you purchased has a SnapDragon. I am at a loss in your case.
Old 11-01-2017, 05:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
Not all android phones work. I originally bought a cheap "Blu" phone from Best Buy. It was not compatible with the software. I was unable to get an answer from Orion/HMX as to why, but my best guess is because of the chipset on some of the cheaper phones. Most phones sold in stores use a Snapdragon chipset. The lower end phones will use something else just to keep cost down. I ended up finding a $5.00 Samsung S3. It even fit in the HMX carry case.
With all the above being said, I see the LG that you purchased has a SnapDragon. I am at a loss in your case.
It may be the cheaper phones don't support OTG . Otherwise any android "should" work if it is v3.1 or later according to the app. It is a pretty simple app.
Old 11-02-2017, 02:43 PM
Tech Master

I might sell this ESC i got frustrating to calibrate I download PC software it works but i can’t update new version software. This ESC expensive but why still not release IOS apps it’s been almost a year still in coming soon. WTF
Old 11-02-2017, 07:44 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Jamie Hanson
Qualcomm offers several different tiers of Snapdragon processors, ranging from extremely low-end phones to top-of-the-line flagship phones. As far as I am aware, pretty much all chips from Qualcomm and Mediatek will support USB OTG at a hardware level. It is more likely that the phone manufacturers are not including the USB OTG drivers in the OS. A lot of these cheap phones have locked bootloaders and very little community dev support, leaving you unable to flash a custom OS that may have USB OTG support enabled. The only way to be sure is to check if USB OTG support is listed in the features.
Old 11-03-2017, 05:34 AM
png
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Where and how we adjust the reverse power?
Old 11-05-2017, 06:17 PM
Tech Apprentice

Has any body had problems connecting to galaxy s8?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.