Help me choose

Reply

Old 01-07-2017, 09:43 PM
  #1  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
loaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Help me choose

Older Tekin RS Gen II + Older Reedy 17.5t

or

Turnigy Trackstar 17.5t Brushless + 80a ESC
loaba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2017, 09:52 PM
  #2  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (67)
 
ThePanda's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,151
Trader Rating: 67 (100%+)
Default

I would go tekin+reedy.
ThePanda is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 06:17 AM
  #3  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (27)
 
dan_vector's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 4,028
Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default

Absolutely.... Tekin/Reedy. Without hesitation compared with Turnigy.
dan_vector is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:10 AM
  #4  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
loaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well, hell - guess I'll switch.
loaba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:19 AM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (148)
 
SteveM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, CANADA
Posts: 6,742
Trader Rating: 148 (100%+)
Default

How much for each system? I have had excellent results running the Trackstar motors and currently have two 21.5 V1, one 17.5 Outlaw and one 7.5 V1 and all are very strong runners.

I also have a Turnigy 80A red sensored brushless ESC in my Losi buggy. Works great, just a bit on the large size.
SteveM is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 08:57 AM
  #6  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
loaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by SteveM View Post
How much for each system? I have had excellent results running the Trackstar motors and currently have two 21.5 V1, one 17.5 Outlaw and one 7.5 V1 and all are very strong runners.

I also have a Turnigy 80A red sensored brushless ESC in my Losi buggy. Works great, just a bit on the large size.
I have both, right now.

The 80a Turnigy combo is currently installed (was bought new, maybe 2yrs old). The Tekin/Reedy (purchased used) was in my old RM buggy. Both systems are functional.

I'll tell ya - my single beef with the Tekin is the overly-expensive program card and the non-spec JR 3-pin data connection. I am not paying more than $20.00 for a program card and it kinda chaps my hide that I need to shave down a plastic housing, just to get a JR-female to fit.
loaba is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 09:42 AM
  #7  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (224)
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Central Wisconsin USA
Posts: 3,484
Trader Rating: 224 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by loaba View Post
I have both, right now.

The 80a Turnigy combo is currently installed (was bought new, maybe 2yrs old). The Tekin/Reedy (purchased used) was in my old RM buggy. Both systems are functional.

I'll tell ya - my single beef with the Tekin is the overly-expensive program card and the non-spec JR 3-pin data connection. I am not paying more than $20.00 for a program card and it kinda chaps my hide that I need to shave down a plastic housing, just to get a JR-female to fit.
Tekin has a program card??? Never heard of/saw one.
Andy Koback is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2017, 01:28 PM
  #8  
Tech Adept
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
loaba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 190
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Andy Koback View Post
Tekin has a program card??? Never heard of/saw one.
Y'know, now that you call me on it, you're right. It's not a card, it's a stupid cable!

Anyway, I have a solution. I've got a USB-to-JR male adapter. I just need to make my own JR female jumper cable (shave one of the ends to fit.)
loaba is offline  
Reply With Quote

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service