Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system >

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree126Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Reply

Old 01-08-2019, 08:49 AM
  #781  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

this may sound dumb but rule of thumb is negative wire on servo (esc) should be closest to edge of receiver case. And ESC is in channel 2
JC3 likes this.
Bubonic-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2019, 04:43 PM
  #782  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 896
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Tracked the time of my last battery run from charge to dead. 24hrs and 21min. Not too bad. Since I found one that will fit, I think I'm going to go for a 5000mah next.


JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2019, 09:12 AM
  #783  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
Tracked the time of my last battery run from charge to dead. 24hrs and 21min. Not too bad. Since I found one that will fit, I think I'm going to go for a 5000mah next.


I asked before how you get to that screen to check time from beginning to end. Can you please post how you got to that location. And does on time full to dead show on main screen?
Bubonic-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 07:58 AM
  #784  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 140
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Dumb question: is SSR mode applied on an individual channel basis? Ie: if I'm using an SSR servo but (I presume) my ESC isn't SSR compatible, can I still use ssr mode on steering, or is it an all or nothing deal?
big ted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2019, 09:39 AM
  #785  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 896
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Bubonic-X View Post
I asked before how you get to that screen to check time from beginning to end. Can you please post how you got to that location. And does on time full to dead show on main screen?
From the main menu go to System then scroll down to Clock. That's it. No, it does not show time "full to dead" on the main screen. It only shows battery voltage.

Perhaps you're misunderstanding, this isn't a timer that counts down the time till the battery dies. It's just a timer that you can use to track run time. The other timer, ON TIME2 is the total system run time, you can't clear it or reset it.
iTz Nicholas72 likes this.
JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 02:19 AM
  #786  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (3)
 
Hang_TiMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Philippines
Posts: 182
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big ted View Post
Dumb question: is SSR mode applied on an individual channel basis? Ie: if I'm using an SSR servo but (I presume) my ESC isn't SSR compatible, can I still use ssr mode on steering, or is it an all or nothing deal?
It's per channel.
Hang_TiMe is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 07:35 PM
  #787  
Tech Prophet
iTrader: (83)
 
Wildcat1971's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Arizona
Posts: 17,323
Trader Rating: 83 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone has the handle become "floppy" it wont stay up and flops around. wondering if there is a fix, like a spring that maybe came undone
Wildcat1971 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:04 AM
  #788  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: Olathe, KS
Posts: 213
Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by BK24 View Post
Does anyone know if it's possible to purchase the trigger accessories separately? I misplaced mine and wanted to try the larger trigger piece. I checked amain, banzai, etc., but couldn't find anything.
I'm still looking for the trigger/grip accessories for the MT44. If anyone has a set they'd be willing to part with, send me a PM. Thanks.
BK24 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:14 PM
  #789  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 140
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Can one of you do me a favor? Can someone measure the widest part of the radio, presumably from the rightmost part of the steering wheel to the leftmost part of the display or battery housing? I'm trying to figure out what the minimum internal depth of case I need is. I have a few candidates on hand already, but they might be a bit tight. Someone back on page 8 aid they'd used a 6" deep case by removing internal foam and replacing with felt, but not sure if this was an internal or external measurement.

Thanks!
big ted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:26 PM
  #790  
bl4
Tech Addict
iTrader: (5)
 
bl4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 509
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone tried updating the Code10 template?
bl4 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 04:45 PM
  #791  
JC3
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (7)
 
JC3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 896
Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by big ted View Post
Can one of you do me a favor? Can someone measure the widest part of the radio, presumably from the rightmost part of the steering wheel to the leftmost part of the display or battery housing? I'm trying to figure out what the minimum internal depth of case I need is. I have a few candidates on hand already, but they might be a bit tight. Someone back on page 8 aid they'd used a 6" deep case by removing internal foam and replacing with felt, but not sure if this was an internal or external measurement.

Thanks!
I measure 11cm at the widest point.




JC3 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 06:01 PM
  #792  
Tech Adept
iTrader: (2)
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 140
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by JC3 View Post
I measure 11cm at the widest point.




Thank-you sir!
big ted is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 08:55 PM
  #793  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (131)
 
RC*PHREAK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 4,877
Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)
Default

has anyone tried the powerstar antenna-less receiver? if so, what mode do you use? FH3 or FH4T? the instructions say to use "FHSS" mode and the MT44 doesn't have that option.
RC*PHREAK is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2019, 12:35 PM
  #794  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: El Mirage, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,446
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by RC*PHREAK View Post
has anyone tried the powerstar antenna-less receiver? if so, what mode do you use? FH3 or FH4T? the instructions say to use "FHSS" mode and the MT44 doesn't have that option.
Your good use either one of course i would use FHT4T mode on the transmitter since it is faster. FHSS is the protocol for FH3 AND FH4T
Hang_TiMe likes this.
Bubonic-X is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 01:23 PM
  #795  
Tech Rookie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 3
Default

The HobbyStar HRX-472 from Amazon works perfectly in FH4 mode on the MT44. The bind button is hard to press correctly but if the case is taken off for the binding process it's a brease. Range is really good too.
Kickassio is offline  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service