Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Radio and Electronics
New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system >

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Like Tree147Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Old 05-26-2022, 04:52 AM
  #976  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (3)
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 4,445
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Hello has anyone experienced a clicking sound when turning the steering wheel to the left? I've experienced it with two MT44 and beginning to think it is a design problem. It does not happen turning to the right.

If I push the wheel towards the controller and turn left the clicking goes away. However this is not how I drive, I like a light touch on the steering and the clicking resistance is annoying.

Thanks.
rccartips is offline  
Old 06-20-2022, 07:09 PM
  #977  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
ChocoTaco73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone had a problem with steering servos not centering properly? I run 3 different 1/10 off-road cars each with new 482 receivers and have used 4 servos and at least once in a 5 min run I need to adjust steering trim to get things centered again. I've deleted all the models and recreated them w/no luck. Re-bound receivers, no change, running the latest firmware. No stripped servo gears, using aluminum, clamping servo horns, nothing loose in steering. Any ideas? Thanks!
ChocoTaco73 is offline  
Old 06-20-2022, 11:24 PM
  #978  
Tech Addict
 
lexusbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vizcaya, Spain
Posts: 663
Default

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco73 View Post
Has anyone had a problem with steering servos not centering properly? I run 3 different 1/10 off-road cars each with new 482 receivers and have used 4 servos and at least once in a 5 min run I need to adjust steering trim to get things centered again. I've deleted all the models and recreated them w/no luck. Re-bound receivers, no change, running the latest firmware. No stripped servo gears, using aluminum, clamping servo horns, nothing loose in steering. Any ideas? Thanks!
That's usually related to an issue in servo mount. Your servo is not attached properly and moves after a crash.
Servo washers or servo screws usually fix that issue.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-ra...577bk/p1285526
https://www.amainhobbies.com/1up-rac...p80292/p981183
lexusbest is offline  
Old 06-21-2022, 07:45 AM
  #979  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (2)
 
ChocoTaco73's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2022
Location: Las Vegas, Nv
Posts: 89
Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default

Thanks lexus, I'm not sure that would explain what all I'm seeing but it's definitely cheap insurance. My L1 came with those so will pick some up for my 22 5.0 and 22T

Originally Posted by lexusbest View Post
That's usually related to an issue in servo mount. Your servo is not attached properly and moves after a crash.
Servo washers or servo screws usually fix that issue.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/yeah-ra...577bk/p1285526
https://www.amainhobbies.com/1up-rac...p80292/p981183
ChocoTaco73 is offline  
Old 08-06-2022, 08:57 AM
  #980  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 656
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Steering servo glitches when moving radio back and forth

Steering servo on a 3 cars have the same issue. I move the radio forward or backwards side to side and my steering servo will move. Does it on the track also. Wont center back up once this happens. Im sure its something with the radio but I havent had this issue since Ive had the radio till a couple races ago. Any options to fix this issue. Servos changed same problem and same as receiver.
hobbstimothy is offline  
Old 08-06-2022, 11:56 AM
  #981  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: San Jose CA
Posts: 1,101
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by hobbstimothy View Post
Steering servo on a 3 cars have the same issue. I move the radio forward or backwards side to side and my steering servo will move. Does it on the track also. Wont center back up once this happens. Im sure its something with the radio but I havent had this issue since Ive had the radio till a couple races ago. Any options to fix this issue. Servos changed same problem and same as receiver.
Different radio, but similar problem - on my M17 I noticed the steering servo jittered when I set my radio down on the table. Then same thing if I slightly shake the radio. I took off the radio steering wheel module, unplugged the connector and plugged it back in - that fixed my problem.
belewis01 is offline  
Old 08-12-2022, 08:38 PM
  #982  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Posts: 205
Default

From mt44 manual:
"CODE10 is a compatible feature to SUPER VORTEX Gen2/STOCK.
*When setting MODE to USER with CODE5/CODE10, you can freely register names of each item."

So when the item is more than 10, we can use aux2 to set up item no 11 to 14 as long as registered name is correct?
b.wihardja is offline  
Old 08-24-2022, 06:47 PM
  #983  
Tech Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 47
Default

Is there a way to turn off the key beep, or key-click buzzer as they call it?
Team Steve is offline  
Old 08-24-2022, 09:56 PM
  #984  
Tech Apprentice
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Posts: 59
Default

Originally Posted by Team Steve View Post
Is there a way to turn off the key beep, or key-click buzzer as they call it?
Manual page 56
Team Steve likes this.
FolioHattu is offline  
Old 08-26-2022, 02:20 PM
  #985  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (18)
 
revo61's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: In the dirty south
Posts: 2,913
Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default

Have you tried doing calibration on the radio?
revo61 is offline  
Old 09-11-2022, 09:49 AM
  #986  
Tech Master
iTrader: (4)
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 1,955
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Nezil;[url=tel:14785212
14785212]I have some updates as promised...

Unfortunately I wasn't able to race on Friday, but I did get about 2 hours of solid practice in, which is probably longer run-time than if I'd been racing, so it's still an interesting touch point.

The battery (3 x 750mAh AAA Panasonic Eneloops) voltage dropped from 4.2v to 3.8v during the course of the run, but didn't go below that. 3.8v is actually still higher than the nominal 3 x 1.2v of 3 x NiMH, and if I remember correctly, the discharge curve of NiMH should be reasonably flat. The battery gauge on the MT-44 currently indicates about 75% remaining. If that is true, then you'd get about 8 hours out of AAAs, and probably double that out of the optional LiPo. It's too early to say if that's accurate or not, and I'll try and post back as I learn more.

I also got a chance to take some additional PPM / Response measurements of M12S and MT-4S, and here are the results (original results also shown again for completeness; new data in bold):
  • Sanwa MX-V: 63Hz / 15.9ms
  • Sanwa MT-4 (Normal Mode): 90Hz / 11.1ms
  • Sanwa MT-4 (SHR Mode): 192Hz / 5.2ms
  • Sanwa MT-4 (SSR Mode - Narrow Pulse): 191Hz / 5.2ms
  • Sanwa MT-4S (FH4T Normal Mode): 93Hz / 10.8ms
  • Sanwa MT-4S (FH4T SHR Mode): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa MT-4S (FH4T SSR Mode - Narrow Pulse): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa MT-4S (FH3 Normal Mode): 110Hz / 9.1ms
  • Sanwa MT-4S (FH3 SHR Mode): 332Hz / 3.0ms
  • Sanwa MT-S (FH4T Normal Mode): 95Hz / 10.5ms
  • Sanwa MT-S (FH4T SHR Mode): 384Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa MT-S (FH4T SSR Mode - Narrow Pulse): 191Hz / 5.2ms
  • Sanwa MT-S (FH3 Normal Mode): 83Hz / 12.0ms
  • Sanwa MT-S (FH3 SHR Mode): 332Hz / 3.0ms
  • Sanwa MT-44 (FH4T Normal Mode): 95Hz / 10.5ms
  • Sanwa MT-44 (FH4T SHR Mode): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa MT-44 (FH4T SSR Mode - Narrow Pulse): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa MT-44 (FH3 Normal Mode): 83Hz / 12.0ms
  • Sanwa MT-44 (FH3 SHR Mode): 332Hz / 3.0ms
  • Sanwa M12S (FH4T Normal Mode): 95Hz / 10.5ms
  • Sanwa M12S (FH4T SHR Mode): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa M12S (FH4T SSR Mode - Narrow Pulse): 383Hz / 2.6ms
  • Sanwa M12S (FH3 Normal Mode): 110Hz / 9.1ms
  • Sanwa M12S (FH3 SHR Mode): 332Hz / 3.0ms

This data shows that the MT-4S is identical to the M12S in terms of latency. This is interesting, because the MT-4S was billed as being 'As fast as the M12', and the M12S as being '20% faster than the M12'. Perhaps there is some un-known latency in the processing before transmission, but I'd be surprised...

Also interesting is that the MT-44 is slower in FH3 Normal mode, not that this is particularly important; I'm not sure why you'd use that mode.

One other thing I noticed when playing with the MT-4S and M12S, was that the spring tension, for the steering in particular, was much lighter on the M12S and MT-44 than the MT-4S and MT-S. Of course this is adjustable on all of these radios, but it seems that if you attempt to make the MT-S and MT-4S as low tension as the M12S and MT-44, they won't center correctly; something is different about the action of the MT-44 and M12S, and in a good way.
Great info. Id like to see these numbers against the MT-5/M17/FH5. How did you get these results?

Last edited by performula; 09-11-2022 at 03:33 PM.
performula is offline  
Old 12-26-2022, 10:52 PM
  #987  
Tech Initiate
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Jan 2021
Posts: 34
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Has anyone had issues with the main scroll wheel on the top not working correctly? After two seasons of use mine is jumping around instead of moving one unit per click. Example - I go to model select and with one click it goes from #3 to #14 on the list. Radio is stored in soft Jconcepts foam case, never dropped or abused at all. There is another guy at my track who's also having the same issue.

Love the radio so far, don't want to drop the $$ on a new one so hoping there is an easy fix for this. Is the top dial replaceable?
Bicycle019 is offline  
Old 12-27-2022, 02:15 AM
  #988  
Tech Addict
 
lexusbest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Vizcaya, Spain
Posts: 663
Default

Originally Posted by Bicycle019 View Post
Has anyone had issues with the main scroll wheel on the top not working correctly? After two seasons of use mine is jumping around instead of moving one unit per click. Example - I go to model select and with one click it goes from #3 to #14 on the list. Radio is stored in soft Jconcepts foam case, never dropped or abused at all. There is another guy at my track who's also having the same issue.

Love the radio so far, don't want to drop the $$ on a new one so hoping there is an easy fix for this. Is the top dial replaceable?
Sanwa is probably using a simple scroll wheel encoder in there. Just need to find exact model and replace.
Should look similar to this
lexusbest is offline  

Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.