Search
Like Tree147Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2017, 09:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scionara05
I was reading the manual (yeah who reads those things anymore) and it said to not use non digital servos with a certain mode I run savox servos. Has anybody been able to run that mode without breaking a non digital servo don't wanna try and bust a servo up and have a car down for no reason
I would just run them in the normal mode if they are not digital servos. I assume Sanwa had good reasons for suggesting we avoid using standard servos with SHR AND SSR modes
Old 12-11-2017, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default Radio bag?

Just picked up a MT-44. Wondering what bag you guys are using. I personally prefer something like a Jconcept bag (not a huge fan of metal cases), but they haven't made one for MT-44 yet.

Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2017, 09:59 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yxiaocheng
Just picked up a MT-44. Wondering what bag you guys are using. I personally prefer something like a Jconcept bag (not a huge fan of metal cases), but they haven't made one for MT-44 yet.

Any inputs would be helpful. Thanks!
I actually picked up the Hudy compact transmitter bag for my mt-44. It has an elastic strap inside to keep the radio planted and is the perfect size for the radio manual to be added as well. Very nice little bag.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hudy-ex...199171/p227280
Old 12-11-2017, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
I actually picked up the Hudy compact transmitter bag for my mt-44. It has an elastic strap inside to keep the radio planted and is the perfect size for the radio manual to be added as well. Very nice little bag.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hudy-ex...199171/p227280

Thanks for the suggestion!. Is there any structure inside to protect against squeezing? Planning on taking them on flights when traveling, so I would prefer a bag that can protect the radio from everything else in the suitcase. Thanks!
Old 12-11-2017, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by yxiaocheng
Thanks for the suggestion!. Is there any structure inside to protect against squeezing? Planning on taking them on flights when traveling, so I would prefer a bag that can protect the radio from everything else in the suitcase. Thanks!
Well it's somewhat rigid and does fine when bundled up with my RC gear going to the track but if you're gonna check it in like luggage then I'd probably suggest a hard case. The way they treat bags at airports scares me lol. I'd says its equal in rigitity to all current soft cases though.
Old 12-12-2017, 03:40 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by EbbTide
Well it's somewhat rigid and does fine when bundled up with my RC gear going to the track but if you're gonna check it in like luggage then I'd probably suggest a hard case. The way they treat bags at airports scares me lol. I'd says its equal in rigitity to all current soft cases though.
Thanks! I will get a hard case then!
Old 12-12-2017, 03:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Looking for Dual Rates on throttle or adjustable EPA

Hello,
This MT-44 Thread has been very helpful. Currently, I have an older DX3R that I am very happy with. I do breakout Carpet and Concrete Oval breakout racing with 10 TH Scale Pan Cars. We set the gear ratio to be the most efficient and then we typically are setting our throttle End Point adjustment to 71% and this allows us to run 6 second laps on the concrete or 5.5 second laps on the flat indoor carpet with Nastrucks. My competitor are using a variety of radios that they are able to click up or down to dial in their lap times during a heat or main. Consistent driving is the key which can be difficult in traffic. My DX3R does not allow me to adjust my throttle end point while under way. I can't go into the menu and make the adjustment with out crashing or it may not even let me do it on the fly. I am looking for a new transmitter that will let me adjust my Throttle EPA on the fly. I like the fact that the MT-44, M12RS and MT12S all have the dial feature. I might be using the wrong words when I state that I want to have throttle dual rates. I do not want the throttle to jump from 71% to 100% in a run. When you break out you lose a lap. I see from the literature that the MT-44 has End Point Adjustments. Can this be used on the throttle?

I am leaning toward the M10RS just because it states that it has Dual Rates for TH, ST,BR. However, this may not be the feature I want. The End Point Adjustment within the Dual Rate may do the trick. I realize you folks that are this thread spoke nothing about break out racing but you seem to be very familiar with the MT-44's features. Do you think the MT-44 can change throttle endpoint on the fly during a race? Can the M12S or M12RS (Should be the same as the M12S) can throttle end points on the fly via the dial option?

Break out has brought me back to pan car racing after a 16 year layoff. You basically can run older chassis, motors and even batteries and you are racing the clock more than the competition. It sounds lame, but it produces some of the closest racing I have ever seen or been a part of.

I have found sites that tell me how to add a throttle potentiometer to basically add dual rates to my radio. I have ordered those inexpensive items ( Potentiometer and trim pot) , but I am concerned about drilling a hole in my radio and disconnecting and soldering the wires. I am weighing the option of selling my DX3R and moving up. The fact that I would like to have four receivers (two outdoor cars / two indoor cars) adds $400.00 to the deal so the MT-44 is more attractive.

Last edited by dst87mcssac; 12-13-2017 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 12-13-2017, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dst87mcssac
Hello,
This MT-44 Thread has been very helpful. Currently, I have an older DX3R that I am very happy with. I do breakout Carpet and Concrete Oval breakout racing with 10 TH Scale Pan Cars. We set the gear ratio to be the most efficient and then we typically are setting our throttle End Point adjustment to 71% and this allows us to run 6 second laps on the concrete or 5.5 second laps on the flat indoor carpet with Nastrucks. My competitor are using a variety of radios that they are able to click up or down to dial in their lap times during a heat or main. Consistent driving is the key which can be difficult in traffic. My DX3R does not allow me to adjust my throttle end point while under way. I can't go into the menu and make the adjustment with out crashing or it may not even let me do it on the fly. I am looking for a new transmitter that will let me adjust my Throttle EPA on the fly. I like the fact that the MT-44, M12RS and MT12S all have the dial feature. I might be using the wrong words when I state that I want to have throttle dual rates. I do not want the throttle to jump from 71% to 100% in a run. When you break out you lose a lap. I see from the literature that the MT-44 has End Point Adjustments. Can this be used on the throttle?

I am leaning toward the M10RS just because it states that it has Dual Rates for TH, ST,BR. However, this may not be the feature I want. The End Point Adjustment within the Dual Rate may do the trick. I realize you folks that are this thread spoke nothing about break out racking but you seem to be very familiar with the MT-44's features. Do you think the MT-44 can change throttle endpoint on the fly during a race? Can the M12S or M12RS (Should be the same as the M12S) can throttle end points on the fly via the dial option?

Break out has brought me back to pan car racing after a 16 year layoff. You basically can run older chassis, motors and even batteries and you are racing the clock more than the competition. It sounds lame, but it produces some of the closest racing I have ever seen or been a part of.

I have found sites that tell me how to add a throttle potentiometer to basically add dual rates to my radio. I have ordered those inexpensive items ( Potentiometer and trim pot) , but I am concerned about drilling a hole in my radio and disconnecting and soldering the wires. I am weighing the option of selling my DX3R and moving up. The fact that I would like to have four receivers (two outdoor cars / two indoor cars) adds $400.00 to the deal so the MT-44 is more attractive.
I also dabble with carpet racng, and ran the breakout class the last time I was there.

You can program the tabs to be whatever you want, and in what your describing, I would rather use the tab than the dial. each click should be 1%, and better managed. I would be careful, because if you hold the tab, it will increase with increased speed and be WAY too much for your wants.
Old 12-13-2017, 03:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Ezlight,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the Trim Tabs would be a better way to get to a click. Usually, 1 click either way is all you are looking for. The dial would be harder to reach and may require letting go of the wheel for a second which could be bad. I spoke about three models (MT-44, M-12RS, M-12S) in my post. My preference would be the MT-44. Are you saying you have done this with the MT-44 or was it the M-12S/ M-12RS?

I really do not need the extra features of the M-12S or M-12RS. However, I sure the cool factor should be good at getting me from a back marker to the front. LOL .

Thanks,

Donald
Old 12-14-2017, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by dst87mcssac
Ezlight,

Thanks for the response. Yes, the Trim Tabs would be a better way to get to a click. Usually, 1 click either way is all you are looking for. The dial would be harder to reach and may require letting go of the wheel for a second which could be bad. I spoke about three models (MT-44, M-12RS, M-12S) in my post. My preference would be the MT-44. Are you saying you have done this with the MT-44 or was it the M-12S/ M-12RS?

I really do not need the extra features of the M-12S or M-12RS. However, I sure the cool factor should be good at getting me from a back marker to the front. LOL .

Thanks,

Donald
I actually chose the MT-4s over the M12s due to the weight of the 12s. It just felt top heavy and bulky for me, and I have large hands.

I also switched to the MT-44 for improved speed over the mt-4s, and like it. While I have not programmed anything to those switches besides stock, you can do so. And I would think it would be a great option for your needs.
wyd likes this.
Old 12-14-2017, 11:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Does anybody make a skin or a wrap for it yet
Old 12-14-2017, 05:58 PM
Tech Rookie

EZ-Light,

Thanks for the follow-up. That is a big help. I stopped by my tracks hobby shop today (2 hours away from home, I am in sales) and I asked the guy that runs my track which radio for breakout and he said Sanwa / Airtronics is the ticket. He did not hesitate when he recommend Sanwa. He stated that when a newbie ask which transmitter, they always recommend Airtronics / Sanwa due to the trim EPA Throttle feature. I feel kind of clueless, that I did not catch on for the last three years. LOL !!!!

While I was speaking with him two guys I race with walked in and on uses the MT-4 and the other the MT-44 for break out. They stated you do not have to set up channel mixing or anything complicated like that. I told them I was learning toward the MT-44 and I had heard about the weight difference between it and the M12S and M12RS. One of the guys stated that he drove another guys car with his M12S and by the end of the A main he was feeling the extra weight of the Transmitter. However, he stated that if you purchased it and just became familiar or use to it the extra weight likely would not be a factor.

Thanks for the help.

Donald

Last edited by dst87mcssac; 12-14-2017 at 06:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 12-14-2017, 11:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Have you guys found a screen saver film for this radio? I just got mine and I'm learning it now. Been having some binding issues, I hope it's just a fluke.

It feels nice and light but not as solid as my m11 or m8.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:49 PM
bl4
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Just bought a MT-44 having a issue binb with the RX471. What are the setting I need to set on the TX? Thanks
Old 01-08-2018, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

My MT44 is not turning on consistently. I need to send it in for repair. Anyone know where I need to send this? Was purchased from Amain a bit ago.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.