Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree147Likes

New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 03:20 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I have some faults with my new sanwa mt44 .ive just upgraded from MT4 whitch was faulty ,ie,kept randomly reducing the trim switch 3 and reducing steer ,i changed the switch to acc1 ,but it still reduced steer while driving .
1. Randomly ,it wont switch on ,ie,dead .I have to disconnect the bat pack,or remove and replace a bat with the switch turned on to get it to go .
2. At times the system seems all working ,but no steer !
Have to switch both trans and reciever off then on again and is fixed !
3. ONCE the transmitter re-set itself ,ie lost all modle memory .
I had to rebind the reciever and reset all parameters !
3. The new frame rate ,or operating protocol don't seem to suit my MKS steer servo ,it now noisy/ fine jitters.
If anyone else has experienced similar problems,or can suggest a remedy, please please comment.
Old 06-12-2017, 09:46 AM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by noddy2
I have some faults with my new sanwa mt44 .ive just upgraded from MT4 whitch was faulty ,ie,kept randomly reducing the trim switch 3 and reducing steer ,i changed the switch to acc1 ,but it still reduced steer while driving .
1. Randomly ,it wont switch on ,ie,dead .I have to disconnect the bat pack,or remove and replace a bat with the switch turned on to get it to go .
3. The new frame rate ,or operating protocol don't seem to suit my MKS steer servo ,it now noisy/ fine jitters.
If anyone else has experienced similar problems,or can suggest a remedy, please please comment.
Sorry to hear your having problems.
Where did you buy your radio?
What response time do you have your servo setting when you bind?
And are you sure you have the right receiver set when binding.
Old 06-12-2017, 03:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ratititat
Sorry to hear your having problems.
Where did you buy your radio?
What response time do you have your servo setting when you bind?
And are you sure you have the right receiver set when binding.
A Main
Set to SHR when binding
Not shure what you mean about receiver set ?

My main concern is why it doesn't turn on all the time ,ie goes dead .and how it can completely reset to default .ime starting to hate this radio .2nd faulty sanwa .i stick with sanwa because ive got so many recievers.now it looks like ime going to have to go bact to my spectrum dx3r to get reliability back.damn.
Old 06-12-2017, 04:55 PM
Tech Initiate

A Main
Set to SHR when binding
Not shure what you mean about receiver set ?

My main concern is why it doesn't turn on all the time ,ie goes dead .and how it can completely reset to default .ime starting to hate this radio .2nd faulty sanwa .i stick with sanwa because ive got so many recievers.now it looks like ime going to have to go bact to my spectrum dx3r to get reliability back.damn.
With all manufacturers theres always a percentage that have issues.
My spectrum dx4r with some after market servos like savox would slam servo full one way before going to neutral so it limited my servo choices
But getting 2 systems that failed right out of the box just sucks.
Send it in for service and hopefully they will actually find a problem and not just clam they are unable to simulate your problem on the bench and send it back to you.
From what you've said and posted in the past you have had your share of esc,motor,battery,servo and charger problems good luck on this one.
Old 06-13-2017, 02:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

Just in case anyone is still interested to know the battery options I just bought 3x this one very cheap on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1569501752005

Only 3.49 USD can't beat that price. The battery is very small, fits easily in the radio, lighter than the 3 AAA setup and lasts 3 full days in the track and still has some juice left. You only have to change the battery connector to match the one from the radio or use a small adapter. If you are handy with soldering this couldn't be easier for that price
Old 06-13-2017, 10:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sm4100
Just in case anyone is still interested to know the battery options I just bought 3x this one very cheap on ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=1569501752005

Only 3.49 USD can't beat that price. The battery is very small, fits easily in the radio, lighter than the 3 AAA setup and lasts 3 full days in the track and still has some juice left. You only have to change the battery connector to match the one from the radio or use a small adapter. If you are handy with soldering this couldn't be easier for that price
Dead link
Old 06-13-2017, 08:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by lil-bump
Dead link
Try this on ebay:

3.7V 1000MAH 1200mAh 25C Lipo or

It is the same battery I use for my son's heli Walkera also found as part number WKLIPO-5G4Q3
Old 06-15-2017, 02:53 AM
Tech Regular

Ok it looks like ime only one having these issues ,i must have got a dud radio . Now what to do ? Ime in Australia, got radio from A main USA ,warranty 0 .supports 0. I guess ile have to buy another new radio and hope i dont get another dud unit .lol ,ime getting quicker at disconecting and reconnecting the bat pack ,might just have to put up with it .
SANWA For CarFor Sky All NewsNew productsImportant information Japanese
HOME
About the digital servos specification

Model: All "SANWA" brand digital servos.
SANWA's digital servos were designed to improve a vehicle resoponse to the limit. As a result, the servos makes frizzling noise on neutral status and also the servo horn vibrates slightly. These symptoms are caused by the strict specification, however it does not affect product's performance. We would recommend you to feel the deffirence of the vehicle response.
page up
For Car
・R/C Systems・Receivers・Servos・Electronic Speed Controls / RF Modules・R/C System Accessories・Servo Accessories・Others
For Sky
・R/C Systems・Receivers・Servos・Electronic Speed Controls / Gyros・R/C System Accessories・Servo Accessories・Others
HOMEContactCopyright (C) 2011 SANWA denshi kiki All Rights Reserved.

Last edited by noddy2; 06-15-2017 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-15-2017, 04:05 AM
Tech Regular

HOME

SANWA's digital servos were designed to improve a vehicle resoponse to the limit. As a result, the servos makes frizzling noise on neutral status and also the servo horn vibrates slightly. These symptoms are caused by the strict specification, however it does not affect product's performance. We would recommend you to feel the deffirence of the vehicle response.
page up
For Car
・R/C Systems・Receivers・Servos・Electronic Speed Controls / RF Modules・R/C System Accessories・Servo Accessories・Others
For Sky
・R/C Systems・Receivers・Servos・Electronic Speed Controls / Gyros・R/C System Accessories・Servo Accessories・Others
Old 06-15-2017, 04:17 AM
Tech Regular

Default Servo jitters, and switch on fix

I found this on the Sanwa site ,so they are common problems with the mt44 ,also need to get a mini card and download an upgrade to fix the arming /swithing on issues, and @ 10 other fixes .
Hopefully this will work, ile update the post after its done.
HOME

page up
For Car
For Sky
Old 06-15-2017, 04:59 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by ratititat
With all manufacturers theres always a percentage that have issues.
My spectrum dx4r with some after market servos like savox would slam servo full one way before going to neutral so it limited my servo choices
But getting 2 systems that failed right out of the box just sucks.
Send it in for service and hopefully they will actually find a problem and not just clam they are unable to simulate your problem on the bench and send it back to you.
From what you've said and posted in the past you have had your share of esc,motor,battery,servo and charger problems good luck on this one.
Thanks for your help ratititat,
I found an answers on the sanwa site ,theres a software update that address the arming /turn on /and reset issues as well as many other faults that I wasn't aware of, to do with telemetry and other things.
The servo jitters/ buzz ,is described by sanwa as "frizzling" at neutral and fine rapid movement of the servo arm. They say its due to the super fast response and should not cause any damadge .i hope they are right.
PS .i have had some issues with electronic equipment myself but also post enquirys on behalf of other's, as i get many requests for help.
Usually when there are many common problems with particular products ,ie battery failures, esc's and setting up for harsh conditions etc .
Old 07-01-2017, 07:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

What kind of charger do you use for 18650 batteries, and where can I buy one.....???
Old 07-01-2017, 07:20 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by KBRacing
What kind of charger do you use for 18650 batteries, and where can I buy one.....???
NITECORE i4 Intellicharger is what I use for mine. You can find them at amazon or batteryjunction.
Hang_TiMe and platgof like this.
Old 07-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 89 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KBRacing
Any decent RC charger can charge a 1 cell lithuim ion battery. I use my Triton eq to charge mine.

Pass you soon...
Hang_TiMe likes this.
Old 07-04-2017, 04:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Just finished my MT-44.......
Attached Thumbnails New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system-19747842_10212048791467761_342908741_o.jpg   New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system-19688513_10212048794587839_277610342_o.jpg   New Sanwa MT-44 4-channel 2.4GHz radio system-19688451_10212048792947798_112398718_o.jpg  
Kyosho Joe likes this.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.